Sign in to follow this  

Repair Costs / Playlist Changes Update

Hi all,

Just a quick update on this. It was unfortunate that the fix for repair costs and playlist changes didn't quite make it into the last patch, this was because all the fixes were complete after all the changes had been 'checked in' (the point of no return basically).

Work has already started on the next set of patches and I can confirm that fixes for the repair costs as well as changes to the playlists are currently scheduled to go in.

We'll bring you more news as the patch develops, along with a release date once everything is locked in place.

Regarding the repair costs, the important part of this change is that all cars with less than 8,000 miles will cost considerably less to repair – which should be a big improvement because currently you will be finding that cars become extremely costly to repair after only 300-500 miles. Repair costs for used vehicles will also increase at the correct rate.

To read more about the playlist changes please see this blog article here

no amount of patches will save this game..especially on the pc platform ,most people have left the game...and as i am the only one who has responded to this just shows that people don't really care anymore...

Emperium said:

no amount of patches will save this game..especially on the pc platform ,most people have left the game...and as i am the only one who has responded to this just shows that people don't really care anymore...

Thanks for the insight! We'll stop patching then and move on to the next project then shall we? The rest of the Community that keep asking for patches would perhaps think otherwise :)

There's still people playing the game, still new players coming into the game. I rarely have trouble finding a lobby, RaceNet challenge is full of times each week etc. 

Burned.

Ontopic: So, how will the repair costs look in comparison to the likes of a loan car? To be honest I think the problem with the repair costs was more that the cars wore down too quickly even when you had a completely clean race. I expect a car getting wrecked to lose 20-30%+ of its condition afterwards but for getting through the race with no dents or scratches it should only take 5-6% max.

Is that how the calculations for wear have been changed? Or has it been done another way? Knowing how exactly it's changing and how this affects racing (such as being hit/smashed up versus driving clean and taking no damage) is important. Deliberately (or accidentally) damaging the car should be penalised and clean driving rewarded properly. I hope that's the case now.

Loore said:
Emperium said:

Thanks for the insight! We'll stop patching then and move on to the next project then shall we? The rest of the Community that keep asking for patches would perhaps think otherwise :)

There's still people playing the game, still new players coming into the game. I rarely have trouble finding a lobby, RaceNet challenge is full of times each week etc. 

loore no disrespect but the last time you played this game was the 18th july according to your steam profile..so i would suggest you try again online and see if you get full lobbies,i disbanded my team of 22 players only last week and none of us play the game anymore due to the online problems the pc has...times change fast

Emperium said:
Loore said:
Emperium said:

loore no disrespect but the last time you played this game was the 18th july according to your steam profile..so i would suggest you try again online and see if you get full lobbies,i disbanded my team of 22 players only last week and none of us play the game anymore due to the online problems the pc has...times change fast

Oh zing! LMAO

Emperium said:
Loore said:
Emperium said:

I play at work with my developer account (otherwise it messes with my saves) so it won't show up on my public Steam account :)

Loore said:
Emperium said:
Loore said:
Emperium said:

I play at work with my developer account (otherwise it messes with my saves) so it won't show up on my public Steam account :)

yea ok loore, i believe yer but my tommy gun don't (line from home alone )

If I had to choose between playing at work and getting paid for it. Or playing at home and bot getting paid for it. I think I would chose playing at work, but that's just me. Especially since I am tired and need to think about something else like family and friends. But again that's just me.

Anyway @Loore back on topic is this blog for the most part directed at PC only? I say this because it is now my understanding that the virtual mirror will not be included on consoles. I do not know how but I was under the impression that the mirror was going to be on all platforms. 

Anyway @Loore back on topic is this blog for the most part directed at PC only? I say this because it is now my understanding that the virtual mirror will not be included on consoles. I do not know how but I was under the impression that the mirror was going to be on all platforms. 

Yes, the mirrors are for PC only but the playlist changes will effect all platforms, as will the repair costs

@Scooter8299

Yes, that's correct.

Loore said:

Yes, the mirrors are for PC only but the playlist changes will effect all platforms, as will the repair costs

@Scooter8299

Yes, that's correct.

Thank you for the clarification. 

@Loore

Regarding playlists, i posted this in the big feedback thread.

"

I like the car class system of GAS, but this leads to a problem in playlists. I like racing Formula A/B/C but not necessarily the other Open wheel classes, but these seem to come up most of the time in the open wheel playlist. Tracks often repeat. You have introduced a track voting system, although you can only vote for 2 tracks at a time. I strongly suggest you extend the voting to 4 random tracks instead of 2, and more importantly introduce a vote to decide vehicle class. So for example, in Open Wheel before each race you get to vote for 1. Vehicle class (4 different random options, for example Formula A, Formula B, Super Lightweight Cup, Lightweight Cup) and afterwards vote for 1 of 4 tracks. A 15 second vote time for each vote seems fine.

One more thing i have noticed in the playlists is track variance. In Street you only have city tracks, in Open Wheel you only have "real" tracks. I understand why this is the case, but if you were to introduce a 4-track voting system i suggest 1 out of the 4 tracks for Street is a "real" track, and 1 out of the 4 tracks in Open wheel is a city track etc. I feel these voting systems would vastly improve playlists. I also feel time attack can be taken out of playlists completely.

"

Have you looked into changing the votes to something similar?

@VenGyr‌ 

Regarding the 4 vote options, it's not something we currently have planned and I don't think it's something we're looking at changing at this present moment in time.

Voting for car classes is interesting, but one thing we've got to be mindful about is how much time we spend keeping you away from the racing action, we don't want to be putting an emphasis on too much voting as it'll just extend the time you spend between races, we want you on tarmac not in the lobby.

Regarding track variance, I'm hoping that the playlist changes will address this and you should start seeing more options. I've just checked the proposed list and Open Wheel will have the option of racing on some street circuits once the changes are made. Formula A/B/C all have the same chance at appearing, and given you prefer approx 50% of the discipline (in terms of vehicles) I'm confident that moving forward you should see your equal share of these appearing.

This sounds pretty good, but I do have a question. With the playlist changes, is there any chance that street class cars will race on any world circuits? I'd like to see as more of a change of pace, rather than always having the option for it. Like, every 6-8 races maybe. 

TUSMBOX said:

This sounds pretty good, but I do have a question. With the playlist changes, is there any chance that street class cars will race on any world circuits? I'd like to see as more of a change of pace, rather than always having the option for it. Like, every 6-8 races maybe. 

The changes do allow for cars in the street discipline to race on some circuits

Thanks for all the updates, I think I speak for many when I say its much appreciated keeping us in the loop like this.

I look forward to seeing my F1 GTR make money rather than losing it  :p

Emperium said:

I think that's a bit unfair... I have no problem at all if you don't care anymore but I care, my friends care and plenty of ppl on here care.  I've recommended this game to a friend who has just ordered two copies (one for him, one for his girlfriends son), he cares too lol :smile:    

Anyhows, thanks for the update... really looking forward to the new playlists !!!

Emperium said:

Next time try speaking for yourself,, not the community! See ya.

as an experiment....take an owned car around one of the Racenet challenges......cruise around until it completes.

try not to spin the tyres or hit anthing -- just take it easy.

try this through the different categories/challenges......then post what the repair costs are.

i've not idea how this will turn out -- but it might be an interesting experiment.

buckle up....cruise and hit nothing. 

how much???

I just got into the top 3% on the first challenge with a category b touring car that is level 51 or so with all upgrades and goes down to 89% each race at around a cost of around 27,000 total to repair.  So I have learned if I do not better my previous time I just restart otherwise I lose around 18,000 per try and restarting puts you back without adding damage.  Now, online when I host a room I just put damage on visual only then I actually have my top cars sitting at 0% and I still win most races and make money.

jerrymackturner said:

I just got into the top 3% on the first challenge with a category b touring car that is level 51 or so with all upgrades and goes down to 89% each race at around a cost of around 27,000 total to repair.  So I have learned if I do not better my previous time I just restart otherwise I lose around 18,000 per try and restarting puts you back without adding damage.  Now, online when I host a room I just put damage on visual only then I actually have my top cars sitting at 0% and I still win most races and make money.

I found that my upgraded cars are slower for at Racenet challenges so I use loaners now, I dont know why but thats what I found.

Wall of text but i do not get it clearly.

If i finish at middle and have no damage can i be sure i will achieve more money than i need to repair?

Can i be sure i do not need to repair 35%x3 of my car for clear race?

ps Anyway thank you for this kind of a threads =)

Loore said:

Voting for car classes is interesting, but one thing we've got to be mindful about is how much time we spend keeping you away from the racing action, we don't want to be putting an emphasis on too much voting as it'll just extend the time you spend between races, we want you on tarmac not in the lobby.

Hi @Loore what you currently find is if a car class comes up that not many people like, the session usually empties so people are spending time trying to find a new session.  The problem you have then is when you connect to a new session, you have to wait for that race to start and inadvertently spend even more time in the lobby.  I whole heartedly believe that none of the community would mind if they could vote for everything in terms of class/track, almost like the good old days of Grid 1.

Another issue with the currnet playlists is having them locked down so we can't see how many are open in a particular category.  I've mentioned this many times before but we need visibility of what playlists are up.  Reconnecting to the same 'everything' discipline full of people who either vote against or crash me becomes tedious after a time and I end up just switching the game off.

Loore said:

Hi all,

Just a quick update on this. It was unfortunate that the fix for repair costs and playlist changes didn't quite make it into the last patch, this was because all the fixes were complete after all the changes had been 'checked in' (the point of no return basically).

Work has already started on the next set of patches and I can confirm that fixes for the repair costs as well as changes to the playlists are currently scheduled to go in.

We'll bring you more news as the patch develops, along with a release date once everything is locked in place.

Hi Loore, any chance of Codemasters confirming text chat will finally be patch into a GRID Autosport?

Also, should I assume if text chat won't make it in next patch, then text chat will never make it into GRID Autosport?

http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/comment/13436/#Comment_13436

Loore said:
One thing we don't do is deliberately set out to not put a feature in that we know you want, in fact, it's quite the opposite. In terms of features we're always pushing to get things in but sometimes the alignment just isn't there.

Text chat is important to us, we know it's a much requested feature and it's not something we've forgotten about by any means. Right now the team are incredibly busy finishing the game, it's not a time when you want to be adding a new feature into the code as it's a time for bug fixing and polish. We finish work on it in just a few weeks time and then it's off to manufacturer and shipping. 

I want to be able to tell you "yes it's coming", but right now we're not in the place to do that. It's one of the things at the top of my feedback list.