Sign in to follow this  

What Classics Would You Want in the Game?

In a perfect world, void of contracts and trademarks and all that boring stuff, here's my list of classic cars that I'd want.

• Maserati 250f
  • Lotus 25
  • Lotus 49
  • Tyrell 034
  • Tyrell 006
  • Brabham bt46b
  • McLaren M23
  • Lotus 79
  • Brabham b50
  • Toleman tg184
  • Williams FW11
  • McLaren mp4-4
  • McLaren mp4-5
  • Ferrari 641
  • McLaren mp4-5B
  • Ferrari 643
  • McLaren mp4-6
  • Jordan 191
  • McLaren mp4-7
  • Williams FW 15
  • Benetton B194
  • Williams FW 16
  • Benetton B195
  • McLaren mp4-13
  • Ferrari f2002
  • Williams FW 25
  • Ferrari f2004
  • BAR 006
  • Renault r25
  • McLaren mp4-20
  • BMW Sauber F1 07
  • McLaren mp4-22
  • Ferrari f2007
  • McLaren mp4-23
  • Ferrari f2008
  • Brawn GP 001

And I know, once we get past 2000 it's hard to call those cars "classics" as they're so recent, but they're just cars I'd want to drive. 

I think an Brabham BT55 which was the lowest F1 car to the ground from 1986 it's similar to the McLaren of 1988, Embassy Hill shadow DN1 (1973), and 1977: Renault RS01. Wouldn't the goodwood festival of speed be ideal to optain these car sounds?    

50s mercedes

1975,1979,1990,2002,2004,2007 ferrari

1969,1971,1973 tyrrell

2005 Renault

1994,1995 bennetton

1974,1976,1985,1988,1989,1998,2008 mclaren

1980,1982,1986,1987,1994,2004 williams

2007 BMW sauber

1968,1972,1978 lotus

2009 brawn gp

tracks:nurburgring nordschleife,donington,adelaide,old hockenheim and imola

Just some different teams. Instead of just williams and ferrari in the 90's. Go for Jordan's and benettons, mclarens. Widen the range of teams would be best.

I have just got 2013 and love the classics.

It would be great to see more stuff from the 60s and 70s and also more classic tracks.

Imola and Estoril are such great tracks. 

Anyone willing to make a statement on whether classics will be in 2014, or even as a separate game ?

I know it's highly unlikely to happen on consoles, but what I'd really like to see is every track from every F1 season in 1 game.

i'd like them to drop the classics and focus on the future, one thing I would say is that CM have missed out on what would have been the jackpot for them, there was a real buzz around f1 in april/may due to the anniversary of Imola 1994, a special edition involving Senna released at this time would have got the sales through the roof, even if senna is in the 2014 game, the championship will more than likely be decided, the buzz will have disappeared and the sales will be low due to the last 2 debacles. its no surprise 2013 only sold a third of what 2010/2011 sold because after the 11/11 bug in 2011 the games went downhill drastically and there has been less and less support/patches and when they patched 2012 in a lot of peoples opinions the game was worse, never mind when the forum was pulled directly after the release of the much hyped classic edition. I just don't see how CM can win back that many people even with senna on board.

so to summarise i'd like to see classics dropped and focus more on the main game we all want

*edit a few posts above there is a great idea, make classics a separate game.

FS7 said:
I know it's highly unlikely to happen on consoles, but what I'd really like to see is every track from every F1 season in 1 game.
How can someone map realistically a track like Pescara or old Monaco?

FS7 said:

I doubt that's even possible even on PC some tracks will obviously be possible others not

Gui1 said:
FS7 said:
How can someone map realistically a track like Pescara or old Monaco?
if you have the measurements or track design graphs it's possible they may not be able to cater for every bump or whatever on an old classic track like they can now with modern tracks being they are laser scanned into the game but all that's really needed is the general track layout and measurements and of course permission to use them from the powers that be

FS7 said:

I doubt that's even possible even on PC

I'm pretty sure one can find most if not all F1 tracks on rFactor. 

FS7 said:
FS7 said:

I doubt that's even possible even on PC

I'm pretty sure one can find most if not all F1 tracks on rFactor. 
not from every F1 season there's been I don't think  because most of them probably don't exist any more or if they do they are in different guises  now after all you are talking about including every track since 1950 when the sport started. I don't think it could be done or more importantly would be.

The classic content in this years game is going to have to be massive to interest me in buying the game. I'm simply not interested enough in the sport this year to buy and play a game about it, I've not even watched the last couple of races and fell asleep during China. Really am hoping for a masive classic section to the game.

APR193 said:
The classic content in this years game is going to have to be massive to interest me in buying the game. I'm simply not interested enough in the sport this year to buy and play a game about it, I've not even watched the last couple of races and fell asleep during China. Really am hoping for a masive classic section to the game.
tbh I wouldn't be surprised if they skipped classics altogether as I think I already know what this years new feature will be and that is next gen that is all along with the altered rules and res for this year. Of course not forgetting the new engines/power units whatever they want to call them I suspect. I just hope they sort out the lower levels though given how unbalanced 2013 was as I can't see myself putting too many hours into that in the near future given the way it plays

I'd like them to do if possible, certain years. I know they said they can't because of certain limitations and getting hold of people and sponsers and that. But imagine driving around as Taki Inoue in the Footwork in 1995 hahaha would be surreal!

I'd like to see

91, 96, 97, 98 Jordan
93, 94, 98 Williams
93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98 Benetton
95, 96, 97, 98, 99 Arrows
97, 98 Tyrrell
93, 95, 96, 97, 98 McLaren
95, 97, 98 Ferrari
95 Sauber
95, 96 Legier
97, 98 Prost

Along with:

95 Adelade
93 Donnington
98 Spa
90's Hockenheim
96 Estoril
93 Imola
90's Monza
90's Monaco

To anyone who says classics is a separate game - it already is effectively because you have to choose to buy the dlc or not.

I think it would be great to have more classic cars. To re-run a complete classic season would be fun as well, but I guess that getting all the licences in place would be a right pain.

I don't see the problem with things like tobacco sponsorship. Just put the car out in a plain livery like they do on TV when it is not allowed.

I would like to see more stuff from the 60's and 70's. A lot of the 60's cars probably never had sponsorship anyway, which would hopefully make the whole licensing thing a lot easier.

I want very badly more "classic" tracks. Hockenheim, Nurburgring, Spa, Silverstone, Suzuka, Interlagos, Montreal, Adelaide, Hungaroring, Monza, Kyalami, Catalunya, Monaco.

And more cars with drivers from that time.
Benneton, Ligier, Sauber, Jordan, Minardi, Brabham, Simtek, March, Tyrell, Renault, Arrows,...

Every single 1988-1994 car, every 2004 car, every 1976 car Tracks: pre 2006 Spa, Old Hockenheim, Adelaide, Detroit and every 1988-94 track

Some of the 1960's Lotus cars, the 1963, 1965 and 1968 ones. Not sure which Lotus cars were already there, but the ones from the 1970's that won the WCC's would be nice.