Jump to content Jump to content

If they've removed both Classic Content and Young Driver's test, what have they put in?


Recommended Posts

I don't care for YDT but to me not having extra tracks like in F1 2013 is a major downside.

I've heard something about F1 2014 having more scenarios, which have no replay value imo, I'd imagine most people play the scenario/time attack challenges maybe once or twice then never again.

Link to post
Share on other sites

its going to be the first one I haven't pre-ordered. And at the moment not going to buy. I don't think there's a lot of effort gone into it simply because the main coders will be working on the new f1 2015 or whatever it's called. Leaving out classic cars and tracks is a major disappointment for me, especially when they said they were going to add more to it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
JJRosso said:

Formation Lap, Podium Interviews, Online Practice, Better AI, Better Physics,  Dedicated Servers, Proper Setups.  Pretty much everything we've asked for.

Well let's hope they have included all of these but from what codemasters have said so far i'm not too confident.

Link to post
Share on other sites
MattHsv said:
JJRosso said:

Formation Lap, Podium Interviews, Online Practice, Better AI, Better Physics,  Dedicated Servers, Proper Setups.  Pretty much everything we've asked for.

Well let's hope they have included all of these but from what codemasters have said so far i'm not too confident.

We'll be rotting in our graves before Codefarcesters put this stuff in. Theyve made no attenpt at realism in the past so I cant see how thats going to change for the future. 

They know hardcore fans will be tempted into it regardless so all they have to do is appeal to the kid/casual/new to the sport market and its a guaranteed cash cow for Codefarcesters

Link to post
Share on other sites

sadly agree with muzz. I love playing f1 but I always felt there is so much more that should be in the f1 games that would make it feel more f1 if you know what I mean :) The things that jj mentions should be at the top of the list for codemasters but seeing all the posts from steve hood over the years he seems to think that none of that would add anything to the game?? I think he is the main problem with the game direction, what person would think or sign off half the decisions they made since the first game came out? Does any1 ever play season challenge or scenario mode more than once if at all? The ydt was a really good idea yet could not have been worse if id have programed it :) classics was again a really good idea but to race the legend AI and lap 4-6 sec quicker a lap was pointless. Id be happy if nothing new was added and they just focused on making a good racing experience and let me have full control of what happens to my tyres,brakes,fuel and have control with pits and safety car but thats just me
Link to post
Share on other sites
vtidixon said:

sadly agree with muzz. I love playing f1 but I always felt there is so much more that should be in the f1 games that would make it feel more f1 if you know what I mean :) The things that jj mentions should be at the top of the list for codemasters but seeing all the posts from steve hood over the years he seems to think that none of that would add anything to the game?? I think he is the main problem with the game direction, what person would think or sign off half the decisions they made since the first game came out? Does any1 ever play season challenge or scenario mode more than once if at all? The ydt was a really good idea yet could not have been worse if id have programed it :) classics was again a really good idea but to race the legend AI and lap 4-6 sec quicker a lap was pointless. Id be happy if nothing new was added and they just focused on making a good racing experience and let me have full control of what happens to my tyres,brakes,fuel and have control with pits and safety car but thats just me

Prime example for 2014, Steve Hood said there wont be career numbers for the driver because he didnt feel it would add to the game. Perfect example of the obtuse mentality over at Codemasters

Link to post
Share on other sites
vtidixon said:

sadly agree with muzz. I love playing f1 but I always felt there is so much more that should be in the f1 games that would make it feel more f1 if you know what I mean :) The things that jj mentions should be at the top of the list for codemasters but seeing all the posts from steve hood over the years he seems to think that none of that would add anything to the game?? I think he is the main problem with the game direction, what person would think or sign off half the decisions they made since the first game came out? Does any1 ever play season challenge or scenario mode more than once if at all? The ydt was a really good idea yet could not have been worse if id have programed it :) classics was again a really good idea but to race the legend AI and lap 4-6 sec quicker a lap was pointless. Id be happy if nothing new was added and they just focused on making a good racing experience and let me have full control of what happens to my tyres,brakes,fuel and have control with pits and safety car but thats just me

Totally agree with you......... I've never played scenario mode, not once, neither in '12 or '13. It's never interested me. I don't understand why the good, important things (P1 & P2, Live the Life in career, etc) are removed with each year that passes, but nothing radically new is put in (This year is just the 3 minute wonder of the 1 lap race  to determine the difficulty level (which is totally pointless if you can restart the race as much as you want, and can alter the setting manually afterwards, as confirmed here by Hatta................. see my thread called 'But if you blow it....???' for details) I am looking forward to the game, but it's just frustrating that the things the people want have still not been implemented into the game. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thats my point on him all I ever read off him is I dont feel it would add to the game yet that to me is something that most ppl would like to choose at the start of carrer mode (not me I cant see it in the cockpit lol) surely it more about what the ppl buying your games want than what he thinks will add to the game. Im not calling him over or anything like that but to remove the features that were in previous games like the live the life, fp1+2 and adding to them they seem to go backwards every year with the main part of the game just to add some gimmicks like season challenge and all. Why not stick with the main gameplay GP,carrer and online and add features/options to those instead of filling the game with things that are not even worth playing they seem so badly thought out.
Link to post
Share on other sites

Wait, no Classic Content at all this year? Damn. :(

I'll wait for 2015 in that case, surely that'll have some as it's gonna be next gen.

I wouldnt bet on it. Steve Hood said that they probably wont have any F1 cars at all in the next gen game because they dont add anything to the game and most people who buy the game only like browsing through the menu screens. Its only the 1% hardcore gamers that actually drive the cars.

Link to post
Share on other sites

JJRosso said:

Wait, no Classic Content at all this year? Damn. :(

I'll wait for 2015 in that case, surely that'll have some as it's gonna be next gen.

I wouldnt bet on it. Steve Hood said that they probably wont have any F1 cars at all in the next gen game because they dont add anything to the game and most people who buy the game only like browsing through the menu screens. Its only the 1% hardcore gamers that actually drive the cars.

Dont talk rubbish,they will have f1 cars but they will be more futuristic and youll have to complete a platform game before you get a license and then start your career as a green grocer named tex, and im sure he meant 1% of forum users actually drive the cars and they dont use p1 p2 in car view or championship mode.

Link to post
Share on other sites
fil140 said:

JJRosso said:

Wait, no Classic Content at all this year? Damn. :(

I'll wait for 2015 in that case, surely that'll have some as it's gonna be next gen.

I wouldnt bet on it. Steve Hood said that they probably wont have any F1 cars at all in the next gen game because they dont add anything to the game and most people who buy the game only like browsing through the menu screens. Its only the 1% hardcore gamers that actually drive the cars.

Dont talk rubbish,they will have f1 cars but they will be more futuristic and youll have to complete a platform game before you get a license and then start your career as a green grocer named tex, and im sure he meant 1% of forum users actually drive the cars and they dont use p1 p2 in car view or championship mode.

I dont have the link to the interview,  but im sure I remember him saying only a small % of players actually know what the F in F1 stands for and most think it stands for "Fresh" so thats where the 'green grocer career mode' rumour started. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
JJRosso said:
fil140 said:

JJRosso said:

Wait, no Classic Content at all this year? Damn. :(

I'll wait for 2015 in that case, surely that'll have some as it's gonna be next gen.

I wouldnt bet on it. Steve Hood said that they probably wont have any F1 cars at all in the next gen game because they dont add anything to the game and most people who buy the game only like browsing through the menu screens. Its only the 1% hardcore gamers that actually drive the cars.

Dont talk rubbish,they will have f1 cars but they will be more futuristic and youll have to complete a platform game before you get a license and then start your career as a green grocer named tex, and im sure he meant 1% of forum users actually drive the cars and they dont use p1 p2 in car view or championship mode.

I dont have the link to the interview,  but im sure I remember him saying only a small % of players actually know what the F in F1 stands for and most think it stands for "Fresh" so thats where the 'green grocer career mode' rumour started. 

I read it was a "licencing issue" and we could all face hefty lawsuits from Codemasters and FOM for merely discussing the matter on a public forum...

Also the shorter career option was down to Codemasters securing track licences through Hermann Tilke directly therefore they needed a way to implement a Tilke only Championship in Career.. thats why the game selects the tracks for you

Link to post
Share on other sites

Guess what's funny, they don't give a hell what we want, it's what codemasters wants, and I'm sorry they don't have a clue look at the sales in the last 4 years, so enjoy next years game as it will be diffent but the following year will be copy and paste, 

Link to post
Share on other sites
MUZZARIOL said:
MattHsv said:
JJRosso said:

Formation Lap, Podium Interviews, Online Practice, Better AI, Better Physics,  Dedicated Servers, Proper Setups.  Pretty much everything we've asked for.

Well let's hope they have included all of these but from what codemasters have said so far i'm not too confident.

We'll be rotting in our graves before Codefarcesters put this stuff in. Theyve made no attenpt at realism in the past so I cant see how thats going to change for the future. 

They know hardcore fans will be tempted into it regardless so all they have to do is appeal to the kid/casual/new to the sport market and its a guaranteed cash cow for Codefarcesters

They're going to be in the next gen game. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
MUZZARIOL said:
MattHsv said:
JJRosso said:

Formation Lap, Podium Interviews, Online Practice, Better AI, Better Physics,  Dedicated Servers, Proper Setups.  Pretty much everything we've asked for.

Well let's hope they have included all of these but from what codemasters have said so far i'm not too confident.

We'll be rotting in our graves before Codefarcesters put this stuff in. Theyve made no attenpt at realism in the past so I cant see how thats going to change for the future. 

They know hardcore fans will be tempted into it regardless so all they have to do is appeal to the kid/casual/new to the sport market and its a guaranteed cash cow for Codefarcesters

They're going to be in the next gen game. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
ckevinc1 said:

its going to be the first one I haven't pre-ordered. And at the moment not going to buy. I don't think there's a lot of effort gone into it simply because the main coders will be working on the new f1 2015 or whatever it's called. Leaving out classic cars and tracks is a major disappointment for me, especially when they said they were going to add more to it.

I tend to agree with you, I enjoy the series and have pre ordered every year so far, I don't yet see a reason this time other than audio and front nose changes.

Link to post
Share on other sites
MUZZARIOL said:
vtidixon said:
sadly agree with muzz. I love playing f1 but I always felt there is so much more that should be in the f1 games that would make it feel more f1 if you know what I mean :) The things that jj mentions should be at the top of the list for codemasters but seeing all the posts from steve hood over the years he seems to think that none of that would add anything to the game?? I think he is the main problem with the game direction, what person would think or sign off half the decisions they made since the first game came out? Does any1 ever play season challenge or scenario mode more than once if at all? The ydt was a really good idea yet could not have been worse if id have programed it :) classics was again a really good idea but to race the legend AI and lap 4-6 sec quicker a lap was pointless. Id be happy if nothing new was added and they just focused on making a good racing experience and let me have full control of what happens to my tyres,brakes,fuel and have control with pits and safety car but thats just me

Prime example for 2014, Steve Hood said there wont be career numbers for the driver because he didnt feel it would add to the game. Perfect example of the obtuse mentality over at Codemasters

For 95% of the people spending money on the end product, he's not wrong.

Link to post
Share on other sites
JJRosso said:

Wait, no Classic Content at all this year? Damn. :(

I'll wait for 2015 in that case, surely that'll have some as it's gonna be next gen.

I wouldnt bet on it. Steve Hood said that they probably wont have any F1 cars at all in the next gen game because they dont add anything to the game and most people who buy the game only like browsing through the menu screens. Its only the 1% hardcore gamers that actually drive the cars.

LOL? Wow, u guys need to go outside.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...