Sign in to follow this  

If they've removed both Classic Content and Young Driver's test, what have they put in?

EdMa said:
MUZZARIOL said:
MattHsv said:
JJRosso said:

Formation Lap, Podium Interviews, Online Practice, Better AI, Better Physics,  Dedicated Servers, Proper Setups.  Pretty much everything we've asked for.

Well let's hope they have included all of these but from what codemasters have said so far i'm not too confident.

We'll be rotting in our graves before Codefarcesters put this stuff in. Theyve made no attenpt at realism in the past so I cant see how thats going to change for the future. 

They know hardcore fans will be tempted into it regardless so all they have to do is appeal to the kid/casual/new to the sport market and its a guaranteed cash cow for Codefarcesters

They're going to be in the next gen game. 

Hahaha rofl pml lol bolax!!

They CAN put them in the next gen game,that doesnt mean that they are going to be in the next gen game,its all down to them deciding what they think depending on howvmuch time and effort is required,any hoo,any of the aspects of the FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP that codemuggers decide to leave out will be easily explained by them in the same wat as they always explain the things that they remove from games.......

Blablabla bla,bla bla bla bla,bla bla?bla bla bla bla blaaa. Bla bla blady bla blabafy bla bla,bla bla hope you can understand that we dont believe bla bla bla enough people use those features bla bla bla.

MUZZARIOL said:
MattHsv said:
JJRosso said:

Formation Lap, Podium Interviews, Online Practice, Better AI, Better Physics,  Dedicated Servers, Proper Setups.  Pretty much everything we've asked for.

Well let's hope they have included all of these but from what codemasters have said so far i'm not too confident.

We'll be rotting in our graves before Codefarcesters put this stuff in. Theyve made no attenpt at realism in the past so I cant see how thats going to change for the future. 

They know hardcore fans will be tempted into it regardless so all they have to do is appeal to the kid/casual/new to the sport market and its a guaranteed cash cow for Codefarcesters

Hardcore fans are not the focus audience, I have no issue with that, nor do I recall them stating it was a true sim, ongoing argument since 2010.  If arcade audience spends more money, how can you blame CM?

EdMa said:
MUZZARIOL said:
MattHsv said:
JJRosso said:

What's with the same post being posted 4 times? Lol

MUZZARIOL said:
MattHsv said:
JJRosso said:

Hardcore fans are not the focus audience, I have no issue with that, nor do I recall them stating it was a true sim, ongoing argument since 2010.  If arcade audience spends more money, how can you blame CM?

Because Its not hard to cater to both. Thats why god invented AI difficulty levels and driver assists. How hard would it be to include "arcade mode" and make the rest of the game a full blown sim? No thats too much effort and they'd rather take your money the easy way

Hughesy said:
EdMa said:
MUZZARIOL said:
MattHsv said:
JJRosso said:

What's with the same post being posted 4 times? Lol

Probably the fact that some posts require pre-approval for no apparent reason, and if you don't see the message in the bottom-left it's easy to see why you'd think your post just didn't go through and try again. I think the 'NG' phrase might be a trigger though.

This reminds me of the practise 1,2,3 debacle. We had all three in 10 and 11. 11 was patched then it became bugged so Codies removed as "no-one hardly uses it anyway" In other words, bug can't be fixed.

My jaw dropped when I heard this.  What a square kick in the nuts of every codemasters supporter!!!  The game has gone from like what, 16 cars down to one because they didn't want to hit the copy paste button and adjust a physics sliders here and there on a game which is already 90% the exact same as the 3 or 4 or how many other games they've made of f1?  What an absolute mockery of the people who put down, what is it, 50 DOLLARS?!! on what is essentially the same game for year after year with another layer of lighting effects and some minor physics tweaks.  And they'll probably charge 20 bucks at least for what most all of us already bought in last years game if they even do come out with it.   That brings your total to probably about 70 dollars for what in any other game would be a 5-10 dollar expansion including a couple new tracks and very minor tweaks.  Given the fact that the 2014 cars sound like dustbusters and this insulting low blow by codemasters it looks like this is a great year to invest in a new, higher caliber racing game that doesn't shamelessly nickle and dime you for all youre worth title after title like one of EA's wallet rapers or some other half baked,  gameplay devolving  cash cow con like world of tanks.   What a pathetic low blow by codies!

Yeah. Im not as upset as KurtG85 ^^^ but Ill be waiting for the price to drop on this one and ive read the reviews on here before buying this game. Should be half price by xmas

They've added more arcade features to appeal to the 10 year olds. KurtG85 said:

My jaw dropped when I heard this.  What a square kick in the nuts of every codemasters supporter!!!  The game has gone from like what, 16 cars down to one because they didn't want to hit the copy paste button and adjust a physics sliders here and there on a game which is already 90% the exact same as the 3 or 4 or how many other games they've made of f1?  What an absolute mockery of the people who put down, what is it, 50 DOLLARS?!! on what is essentially the same game for year after year with another layer of lighting effects and some minor physics tweaks.  And they'll probably charge 20 bucks at least for what most all of us already bought in last years game if they even do come out with it.   That brings your total to probably about 70 dollars for what in any other game would be a 5-10 dollar expansion including a couple new tracks and very minor tweaks.  Given the fact that the 2014 cars sound like dustbusters and this insulting low blow by codemasters it looks like this is a great year to invest in a new, higher caliber racing game that doesn't shamelessly nickle and dime you for all youre worth title after title like one of EA's wallet rapers or some other half baked,  gameplay devolving  cash cow con like world of tanks.   What a pathetic low blow by codies!

Could not be said better. 

One lap race is a smaller young driver test and other than driving physics, I don't see what is taking up the space?

It's looking like the game is a time filler until next gen version. I'm not sure I'm going to be happy with just an update of car models and audio!

Wanorak said:

One lap race is a smaller young driver test and other than driving physics, I don't see what is taking up the space?

It's looking like the game is a time filler until next gen version. I'm not sure I'm going to be happy with just an update of car models and audio!

Agreed I think that's exactly what 2014 is because the new engine couldn't be readied in time for 2014 so they're just using the old engine as it is to fill the gap and satisfy their contractual obligations

I hope all of us are wrong about 2014 but this is the only year I havent placed my pre order by now. I know I will get the game just not sure if it worth day one price atm. Im hoping codemasters will release some info that will change my mind but with what info they have given I just think it will still feel exactly like 2013 with a different audio

vtidixon said:

I hope all of us are wrong about 2014 but this is the only year I havent placed my pre order by now. I know I will get the game just not sure if it worth day one price atm. Im hoping codemasters will release some info that will change my mind but with what info they have given I just think it will still feel exactly like 2013 with a different audio

Dont forget 15 or something less cars. 

As a fan of the sport, I would like to see closer simulation to the season. This year there is a lot going on. Turbo engine, aerodynamic change, new track in Russia? While this is a game, I look at it from a simulation perspective. So long as they have done a good job on that, extra game features are just bonuses to me. 

vtidixon said:

Neither have I at the moment I'll probably wait for a Steam sale and buy it cheap assuming I do buy it as I don't think it'll be worth the full price given there aren't that many changes