Sign in to follow this  

Patch 1.08 - Tyre Wear Test Discussion Thread

I'm going to edit my post with the China and Bahrain results later^^

If you get a chance can you test Spa as well please? I noticed last weekend the tyre wear glitch was very overpowered there when I did a league race. 

May want to set up an online testrace with a significant number of people on this version to see for any other bugs if we notice the tyre wear bug is fixed :)

jinCHEZ said:
May want to set up an online testrace with a significant number of people on this version to see for any other bugs if we notice the tyre wear bug is fixed :)
Forgive me, but if they have said they aren't fixing anything else why bother looking for other bugs?

FRACTURED said:
jinCHEZ said:
Forgive me, but if they have said they aren't fixing anything else why bother looking for other bugs?
because there could be new bugs with this patch like in 1.4 i think 

Bcolt93 said:
I'm going to edit my post with the China and Bahrain results later^^

If you get a chance can you test Spa as well please? I noticed last weekend the tyre wear glitch was very overpowered there when I did a league race. 
It takes really much time to test that much tracks so i can't test everything sorry^^
But I think it will just work fine at Spa :)
Maybe i'll do some more tests in Singleplayer and post them here^^ it's hard to find a partner for this xD

massa88 said:
only Race Brazil 25% started on soft yellow went into pits at the end of the seventh lap
Tyres have been 65% wear and,I went to hard orange and finished the race on this set
wear after ten laps 55% front and rear 42%
I went only one race so far
second race
 Austria 25% race only:started on soft yellow and went into the pits at the end of tenth lap the wear front tires 75% rear 65%
then I went to the ultra soft until to the end
wear after eight laps front 35% rear 32%
to test this properly you should pit at the end of the first lap and see what the wear is on the tyres after that in comparison.

This is ridiculous because its the last update and still the mercedes wing is not correct! Imagine you play fifa 17 with the man united 2016 kit hahah and codies are not even bothering themselves to rectify this easy problem! Yesterday chase carey was talking about gaming and vr so lets see if he will be happy with codies work! @jennyannem @Lozzy

Obviously you are not aware that if the teams do not allow them to put new wings/different design of wing in the game then they cant put new wings in the game.

This is a very good news. We hope this patch will not be the last and solve the other little bug present in the game.
hopefully come out soon on ps4.

"Since the development team are now hard at work on the next game, this is the last patch which will be made available for F1 2016, and the patch is solely aimed at addressing this one issue."

Thats what the blurb says.

So I did some small tests in China by starting on SuperSoft and Soft and then pitting for another set of Softs after lap 1. Then I looked on the percentages after lap 6.
My results:

S/S after 6 laps
without Beta: 34%
with Beta: 34%

SS/S after 6 laps
without Beta: 42%
with Beta: 33%

Looks pretty good to me :)

GPKing said:
So I did some small tests in China by starting on SuperSoft and Soft and then pitting for another set of Softs after lap 1. Then I looked on the percentages after lap 6.
My results:

S/S after 6 laps

SS/S after 6 laps

very interesting, looks like codies put the "glitched" tyre wear as the baseline for the middle compound. In that logic the Thye wear gltich did not decreased tyre wear, but actually increased if you started on the softest compound

Hey m8s, 

we also tested it. It looks pretty good. 
Here is my video, take a look by yourself:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqT1mscPeBQ

We also tried it today with 15 people from AOR in a social race, tyre glitch seems resolved, however there was an issue I haven't seen before: right after qualifying, from the results screen both me and my friend had like 25 FPS. Then as soon as the lights went out for the formation lap, FPS went back to normal. Then again, after lining up on the grid, 25 FPS after the black screen, and it went away as soon as the lights went out. Not sure if this is related to this patch just thought I'd let you guys know we had this.

Начало на супер мягкий переход к супер мягкий после 1 раунда - 70% износа после 6 кругов.
Начало перехода на программное обеспечение до супер мягкий после 1-го тура - 70% износа после 6 кругов
Thanks for doing the job!

Начало на супер мягкий переход к супер мягкий после 1 раунда - 70% износа после 6 кругов.
Начало перехода на программное обеспечение до супер мягкий после 1-го тура - 70% износа после 6 кругов

I completly agree with this. Thanks for sharing  B) :D

quick Race Canada  race only 25% custom setup  started on soft yellow and went into the pits at the end of the twelfth lap wear was front left 33% front  right 29% and rear on both 29% then I went to Ulta soft to the end wear after six rounds, front right 29 % front left  33%  and  rear right 28% left 26%
2 race
quick race 5 laps china  custom setups  wear front left 42%  front right 39%  and rear both 26%

@jennyannem @Lozzy Before release the patch to xbox and play station, give to the beta tester the opportunity to try it.

GPKing said:
My results:

S/S after 6 laps

SS/S after 6 laps

very interesting, looks like codies put the "glitched" tyre wear as the baseline for the middle compound. In that logic the Thye wear gltich did not decreased tyre wear, but actually increased if you started on the softest compound
That test above only tells that the middle compound was correct when you started on the middle compound. that doesn't mean that the middle compound is the baseline, as the middle compound acted in practice like you started on the middle compound. I always thought the practice wear was correct and from the message in the patch announcement thread it seems to be the case, but I haven't tested it yet myself.

Race only Online 25% Monza started on soft yellow and went into pits at the end of  eighth round tire wear, front left 100% flat tire dropped air just before the parabolica and right front 58% rear left  59% and right  56%
Then I took the super soft and go to the end of wear on the front: Left 70% Right 48%
Rear Left 48% Right 45%
I also noticed that when I joined in the lobby frames per second has dropped to only 15
until the red light  go off  and the race started then it was back to normal
and when we finished race and went back to lobby fps dropped again to 15.

This is ridiculous because its the last update and still the mercedes wing is not correct! Imagine you play fifa 17 with the man united 2016 kit hahah and codies are not even bothering themselves to rectify this easy problem! 
As they've explained many times before, the teams have to sign off on things like that, and they're usually too busy to give a monkeys.

its promising so far , tested a few race starts on different compounds and on all sessions tyrewear seem to be the same regarding the compound you start on

We also tried it today with 15 people from AOR in a social race, tyre glitch seems resolved, however there was an issue I haven't seen before: right after qualifying, from the results screen both me and my friend had like 25 FPS. Then as soon as the lights went out for the formation lap, FPS went back to normal. Then again, after lining up on the grid, 25 FPS after the black screen, and it went away as soon as the lights went out. Not sure if this is related to this patch just thought I'd let you guys know we had this.
Yeah, this is a new problem coming up with the beta patch...pretty annoying, but hey, the tyre bug seems to be fixed.

Tyre wear bug fixed completely for me, no FPS drops or anything either.

thanks codies