Sign in to follow this  

Announcing DiRT 4 | Codemasters Blog

AIPacino said:
A lot of people are asking everywhere wether this will keep the physics of DiRT Rally or not. Given the success and acceptability of DiRT Rally and the lack of information for DiRT 4 on this chapter the community is getting worried that DiRT 4 might turn into just another market-focus arcade game rather than the quality simulation that DiRT Rally was and which had a very positive response and sales. This would be important clarify because for many of us DR fans the physics chapter will determine wether or not DiRT 4 is a viable purchase. All the other features, specially the stage designer, are very appealing but if the physics change to arcadish then all the hype goes to dust. This insecurity is also leading people to think this is a successor of DiRT 3 and not a successor of DiRT Rally.
They have clarity. Open your eyes.

Also, dirt rally is a far cry from a quality sim. Gtfo with your nonsense.

AIPacino said:
A lot of people are asking everywhere wether this will keep the physics of DiRT Rally or not. Given the success and acceptability of DiRT Rally and the lack of information for DiRT 4 on this chapter the community is getting worried that DiRT 4 might turn into just another market-focus arcade game rather than the quality simulation that DiRT Rally was and which had a very positive response and sales. This would be important clarify because for many of us DR fans the physics chapter will determine wether or not DiRT 4 is a viable purchase. All the other features, specially the stage designer, are very appealing but if the physics change to arcadish then all the hype goes to dust. This insecurity is also leading people to think this is a successor of DiRT 3 and not a successor of DiRT Rally.

"...DiRT 4 will resonate with all players regardless of whether they consider themselves an arcade or sim racer. The beauty is that you can choose exactly what type of experience you want to have, and then play the game on your terms. If you want something fun that doesn’t require in-depth knowledge of automotive engineering and vehicle dynamics, then you can just dive into the game and have a great time. If you loved the challenge of DiRT Rally, then you can switch to the Sim Handling mode and have an experience that is even closer to the real deal than we managed to achieve with DiRT Rally...

...one of the key things we learned from DiRT Rally was that people wanted a more gradual introduction into the game. People who had the patience and the time to get to grips with DiRT Rally were incredibly complimentary of it, but there was definitely a steep learning curve.

With DiRT 4 we are doing everything we can to ensure that all players can get to grips with the game and develop as a driver as they work their way through their career. This doesn’t mean dumbing things down for those who loved DiRT Rally; those players can still get that experience from DiRT 4. This is all about taking new players by the hand and leading them into the experience.

We want people to feel they can learn and improve as they play so that everyone can eventually reach the skill levels required to attack our most challenging stages if they want to. DiRT 4 is all about player choice, letting you determine what type of experience and challenge you want and letting you find your feet at your own pace through the game..."

I want it NOW. But June will actually be when I have time to play it. Very excited by the DirtFish and YourStage features - as well as having the new Subaru and new stages/locations.

I hope this edition is better than Dirt Rally, I hope so much that I finally disappoint a little, I have played since Colin McRae and Dirt. All right until Dirt 3, from there I consider it was in decline. Dirt 2 was definitely the best of them all for me. They included variety, good routes, off-road (Trophy Trucks and Buggies), good competition, multiplayer mode was amazing and more things that made my Dirt 2 a video game in my Top 5, considering that I have been playing video games since Atari Up to PS4.

I'll buy Dirt 4, of course.

Finally, I congratulate you on your hard and complex work. It has always been a dream for me to work in the videogame environment, in design and development. Also the Off-road, I am from Baja, Mexico. I suppose you already know the SCORE competitions, where "Tiburon Terrible Herbst" (vehicle included in Dirt 2) participates, I invite you to observe "Baja 1000" by SCORE. I reiterate it would be a great idea to reuse your engine with races of this type. If you are willing, I could collaborate with map information and take routes.

5 rally against 6 of Dirt rally., sound very bad.

no monte carlo no finland anymore.

It,s clear that Dirt 4 will not be a rally base game, instead an of road game with some rally, like DIRT 1-3.

I will wait for D Rally 2.

membran said:

We definitely need VR support (Rift and Vive) right from the beginning... drifting non-VR is sooo boooring.

It's become one of the main selling points in (any) racing game for me, to the point where if a sim (simcade) racing game (with a cockpit view) doesn't have it, I won't buy it. 

This, 1000 times this, I was so disappointed when Dirt Rally got Oculus support but no HTC VIVE support. If Dirt 4 gets VR support I'm on board, otherwise I'll be waiting.

SleecTM said:
Tell us at least more leas how many weeks... around 10, 20?
http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/48910/the-dirt-4-official-countdown-thread#latest

109 days. 15 weeks. 2616 hours.156960 minutes. 9417600 seconds.

I bet no one reads this but hey why not. For me Dirt4 must improve what was wronge with Dirt Rally. Top bummer, why no Evo? I mean it won what 10 WRC and yet you only feature the one that never won anything lol. Evo IX not in the game felt out of touch. More tracks, more cars.
Rallycross, why must the npc cars be used as demolition derby? Why I hate rallycross, pointless, fix.
Get the fps up to 60 on my ps4 pro, do it or your being just lazy.
My opinion was codemasters got lucky with Dirt Rally as Dirt 4 will be a Forza less dirt game. In other words not as good.

Today I just saw a YouTube video of: "Menus, car list, customization and track generator" and it really is amazing, brilliant all the track generator, it is just perfect, never an equal stage, even vary a few kilometers, Fantastic, incredible, unique, very congratulations for this magnificent tool that we hoped for so much that we like to run the real rally that are unique curves and not always memorize the same, now the co-driver has the real importance he has in a real rally.
The bad remains the 5 locations nothing else ... that's very bad really, they should be at least 8 or 10 would be fine.
And the other is that only let us generate 6 events per season, why not an option to generate 6, 8, 10, 12, 14 or 16 ???
The ss by event are very good, finally no more the 6 ss per rally ... I would have liked an option for 14 and 16 ss but with 12 is fine.
30 competitors is really great!!!!! I would have liked an option for 30, 40, 50 or 60. but 30 is enough.