Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Announcing DiRT 4

Yes, you read it right – DiRT 4 is coming!

Today, we’re delighted to announce that DiRT 4 will fearlessly race to PS4, Xbox One and Windows PC in June 2017. Hot on the heels of 2016’s critically and commercially successful DiRT Rally, DiRT 4 takes the passion and authenticity of off-road racing to the next level, whilst also re-introducing you all to white-knuckle truck and buggy racing in Landrush. For a flavour of what’s to come, you can take a look at our announcement trailer right here:

Motorsport by its very nature is dangerous – it says so on the back of the ticket. DiRT 4 is all about embracing that danger. It’s about the thrill, exhilaration and adrenaline that is absolutely vital to off-road racing. And more than that, it’s about loving that feeling. It’s about pushing flat out next to a sheer cliff drop. Going for the gap that’s slightly too small. Seeing how much air you can get in a truck. They call it ‘being fearless’ – and this is what we aim to inspire in DiRT 4.

DiRT 4 features a game-changing system called Your Stage; an innovative rally route creation tool that allows you to produce an almost-infinite number of unique stages at the press of a button. You choose your location and set the route parameters, then Your Stage does the hard work to create a unique rally stage that you can race, share with your friends, and then challenge them to beat your time. Your Stage allows experienced rally players to create longer, more technical routes, whilst newcomers can create simpler shorter routes as they hone their skills.

With DiRT 4, we’ve sought to combine the levels of thrill and realism from last year’s DiRT Rally with the fearless excitement, fun, and adrenaline-fuelled races previously seen in its critically acclaimed prequels DiRT 2 and DiRT 3.

Featuring classic rally racing that continues to build on the foundations set by the Colin McRae Rally games, the brutal, fast-paced racing from the official FIA World Rallycross Championship, the crazy battles of racing trucks and buggies, and the outrageous fun of open events in Joyride, players will face challenges from locations that span three continents. We can’t wait to tell you more of DiRT 4, so stay tuned for the road to launch – we’ve got so much to show you.

I read Austrália, Espanha, Michigan, Suécia, País de Gales. Only this countries and old cars? Lauch DLCs for Dirt Rally!

So we got Sim-Physics aaaaaaaaaaaaand Arcade or ..........................
Sim-Physics with "the game brakes for you", "the game steers for you", "the game plays for you" ?

Seriously though.... have the pacenotes been fixed? 
And did you manage integration of a correct pacenotes system for the "your stage" section? No mention of this, and cutting the live feed prior to that section has me worried as that was something that was not limited by the previous game engine, yet was never properly fixed. Hopefully the time spent on D4 was partially used for pace notes, otherwise it seems as though CM is back to only listening to their arcade players.

"the crazy battles of racing trucks and buggies, and the outrageous fun of open events in Joyride,"

I'm out.

I will give it the benefit of the doubt when it comes out but when I read stuff like "the crazy battles of racing trucks and buggies, and the outrageous fun of open events in Joyride" sorry, but i'm with Bigsur ..... I'M OUT TOO !

Please don't make another arcade/simcade racer like Dirt3 please we want more realism and simulation than Dirt rally. We like the way and want it more. Or then we need DirtRally2 for adults and Dirt4 for child...

I think Your Stage -system would be great!

@ TeksWiller: Please don't talk for other people. This franchise was never full sim until DiRT Rally......... you talk like a child.
Codemasters should definetely stick with this formula though:
DiRT 4
DiRT Rally 2
DiRT 5
DiRT Rally 3
and so on
as well.................. its not like DiRT 4 isn't a sim as well............

Actually, what the f...

Time to pull out some money from the people's pocket, huhh?

Hmmmm I don't know what to make of this so far. I'd like to know more details such as how much of the game is weighted towards rallying and the rest of the other stuff. Are the stages still a decent length and based on real world locations?  I enjoyed the original dirt but dirt 2 was an abomination dirt 3 was okish but dirt rally was basically perfect

Joyride isn't gymkhana, chill out. Probably something similar to the open area in Sebastien Loeb Rally Evo.

It must be so rewarding to be a game developer sometimes...

I'm excited about this. Sim handling, career mode, choice of co-driver, DirtFish Rally School, Your Stage sounds interesting. Sounds like Dirt Rally proved a point, and all the right lessons from it (challenge, endurance aspect, realism) are being rolled into the next big Dirt.

Joyride= Steal someones rally car and race it against a Buggy across a wide expanse of Texas desert.

Codemasters should have been more specific with its announcement I think. The informations are spread around the internet each with completely different informations.

youtube: hey here is a teaser
steam: here are half the infos and pictures
redbull: here is an interview with the other half of infos
random games news sites: here are some shitty translations
cm forum: here are some random infos, yay

whatever news I read so far, there always a lot of commets asking what the game is, whats going, some hoping its a sequel to dirt2, some hoping its a sim, some don't understanding focus and features.

well, here is the red-bull-interview:
http://www.redbull.com/sg-en/dirt-4-interview-red-bull-games

give us some better focused infos apart from "we want to be everything"
show us some gameplay, show us the track-generator

EDIT: ah yes I forgot the homepage - hey preorder dirt 4 here - but I can't even preorder it

im interested in the game.cant wait.i do get why some maybe a little puzzled as we have in the last title gone full sim mode.so they dont want it to slip backwards.

from what i read you can still play it sim style which suits me and also can play it fun style if you not into the full experience of sim.thats good.

i dont mind the other vehicles.only thing i never really liked much was the super wide roads.in previous dirt games.

#disappointed

At least, there's hope for a Hardcore Sim DiRT Rally 2, in future, without nosense, and a big focus on Rally. I'll wait for more info about D4 but i'm not really hyped, sorry guys...

What is it with all these people crying out with disappointment and having no hope at all? Personally, I am extremely hyped for this, as it seems like a much improved Dirt Rally. Sad to see Monte and Finland go, and apparently there won't be a fully tarmac event. Here's to hoping Spain mixes gravel and tarmac in one stage.

Also hoping to see at least a few modern World Rally Cars (not necessarily 2017 spec), as they haven't announced any yet.

Edit: And photo mode too!

I guess people expected that Codemasters would go now 100% realistic serious pure Rally after the success of DiRT Rally.

As the admin of one of the greatest WRC like Leaagues in germany the announcement is really disappointing. A couple of months before, u guys told the community you will not improve the poor FFB at Dirt rally and don't bring further DLC's (like new rally locations or more sections of the existing locations) because "YOU ARE NOT HAPPY WITH THE ENGINE SO FAR!". And the commercial success of Dirt Rally will "safe the future of the franchise". It feels like a punch in the face of everyone which had the hope of a new home for his/her Rally-Simulation heart! And no! Dirt isn't Dirt Rally. There are two completely different games. The only thing these two franchises share to each other, is the first word in the title.

I like the Dirt games, especially Dirt 2. But for all Rally-Sim Fans, it is a really disappointing day.

I can't hold the community of my league together with the same 150km of special stages (6 rallies, every driven 2x times in 2016) without new content or any improvements.

2004 - First time installed Richard Burns Rally
2016 - deleted from HDD, because the new star was born
2017 - rebirth of Richard Burns Rally!

Congratz Square Enix Europe and Warthog Games! BOOOOOOHHHH Codemasters!

Smells like arcade here.. Anyway Codies are you gonna make a new Grid or Toca game we desperately want?
For rally game we have Dirt rally and with some extra content we could be ok for some years more..
If DIRT 4 is so aracde like Dirt 3 , for such a kind of game there is Forza horizon 3 in xbox1 and windows10 which is a fantastic  open world game...
So the announcement of DIRT 4 means that there is no any plan for extra content for Dirt rally?
A bit disappointed so far but lets see the final resualt and then we judge..

But they said, that the sim-part will be even more realistic than in dirt rally - where is the issue?

JackKey said:
I guess people expected that Codemasters would go now 100% realistic serious pure Rally after the success of DiRT Rally.
Yes I did, but instead of building on and continuing with that pure Rally theme, they seem to have used the success of Dirt Rally to springboard and hype an arcade based  theme game, it's a slap in the face with a pair of driving gloves.

It will be only a part. If you look at the content of Dirt rally with only 150km of classic rally tracks, what do you think will be the scale of content in Dirt 4 for Sim-Fans?