DiRT Rally 2.0 - New Player Guide Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Announcing DiRT 4

From the Red Bull interview:
"If you loved the challenge of DiRT Rally, then you can switch to the Sim Handling mode and have an experience that is even closer to the real deal than we managed to achieve with DiRT Rally."

I haven’t lost hope entirely, but this has better be good, because if they ditch Dirt Rally for some strange mix of everything and nothing. Then I’m out too!

And seriously, no VR at launch CM!?!?!?!? VR is here to stay (especially in regard to driving games) and trying VR once makes you never come back! I have really great titles just sitting on my shelve that I would love to drive, but I don’t, because they do not support VR. No VR, no deal, it’s that simple.

I think we loyal members deserve the simple courtesy of an explanation from Christina, does this announcement of Dirt 4 mean that there are no  plans for extra content or a proper sequel to Dirt Rally ? Right now this feels like a punch in the face !

Left six past Dirt 4 announcement sharp right double caution entitlement into whining into jump to conclusions maybe

Who expected extra content for dirt rally after all the month? that makes no sense...

as well they say its a sim - if they lie about it they will shoot themselfes in their own knee.

nothing is wrong to make a sim more approachable, as long the sim stays a sim.

Busterbvi said:
I think we loyal members deserve the simple courtesy of an explanation from Christina, does this announcement of Dirt 4 mean that there are no  plans for extra content or a proper sequel to Dirt Rally ? Right now this feels like a punch in the face !

It sounds to me that you have never been punched in the face.

:lol:

I hope you keep the handling characteristics of dirt Rally. And just add things like rewind and stuff to make it more inviting. Because I can get behind that. Plus I think buggys and trucks with more realistic handling could be a lot of fun.

dwkGravey said:
Left six past Dirt 4 announcement sharp right double caution entitlement into whining into jump to conclusions maybe
Oh boy it's the cavalry.

zoliRX said:
Busterbvi said:

Although you have and you deserved it.

Bigsur said:
zoliRX said:
Busterbvi said:

You're a bit of a douchebag aren't you. 

'I didn't get my own way so I'm going cry like a little baby'

Bigsur said:
zoliRX said:
Busterbvi said:

Ah, name calling the last resort.

Some of comments in this thread baffle me. Well no actually, it's the internet, and people work themselves up over nothing all the time.

Has everyone forgotten the efforts the DR devs went to, to include feedback from DR EA into the game? Sure, not everything made it in, and some stuff didn't get fixed. But in all my years of gaming, I struggle to think of many devs who've engaged more. 

I ask that because the same people who made DR are making this. And they still care about creating an authentic Rally game. So why are some of you so quick to write off their efforts? Why does more accessible=less SIM? Seems to me that after DR, the devs deserve a little more faith from some of you.

Oh and by the way, when DiRT 4 comes out, and it's not all the things you're complaining about, how many of you are going to come back here and admit you were wrong?

Bigsur said:
Bigsur said:
zoliRX said:
Busterbvi said:

Ah, name calling the last resort.
You're the problem here. Dirt Rally has been finished for months now. Did you seriously expect anything significant to be added? DR is obsolete, and it's time to move on for CM.

There's a lot of moaning for no reason on here.

There are two handling modes:

Simulation: built and improved on what was in dirt rally.

Arcade: a simpler version of the handling for more casual players.

You have a choice on what one you use, and the leaderboards are split between the two

You have a choice on what one you use, and the leaderboards are split between the two
All the blindly unhappy people should read the article on the Red Bull Motorsports website which includes important and helpful info such as the above, as well as a lot more really fantastic additions.

All the blindly unhappy people should read the article on the Red Bull Motorsports website which includes important and helpful info such as the above, as well as a lot more really fantastic additions.
http://www.redbull.com/en/games/stories/1331841547561/dirt-4-interview-red-bull-games

From http://www.gamereactor.eu/news/500843/Dirt+4+announced,+and+its+not+far+away/ :

• Over 50 off-road vehicles including Ford Fiesta R5, Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI, Subaru WRX STI NR4 and Audi Sport quattro S1 E2
• Five rally places with millions of routes: Australia, Spain, Michigan, Sweden and Wales
• Official game of the FIA World Rallycross Championship - with races in Montalegre, Lohéac Brittany, Hell, Holjes & Lydden Hill in a variety of different series
• Landrush - Short Dirt Track Race in Pro Buggies, Pro-2 Trucks, Pro 4 trucks and cross-cart vehicles in California, Nevada and Mexico
• Joyride: time racing, scrap racing, free play areas and exciting challenges to send them to friends
• Dirt Academy: DirtFish Rally School in Washington,
• Career Mode - Create a driver, complete all disciplines, successfully promote sponsorship, and build a team with clear goals and rewards
• Contests: Master daily, weekly and monthly challenges against friendly players around the world
• Next generation racer: live ladder, leagues and tournaments, cross-platform best-lists and improved CREST telemetry system
• Tuning: Improve setup based on vehicle, conditions and weather conditions
• Damage and repairs: Wear and damage are carried out with an improved damage model. Damage can be remedied by hiring engineers and mechanics for the service area of the team, but they have only a limited period of time to make repairs between the races

Everything sounds great so far to me, but what about multiplayer?

I don't need much, I just want to battle with a friend on rally-stages with ghost cars at least.

Coop would be awesome though ^^

JackKey said:
Everything sounds great so far to me, but what about multiplayer?

I don't need much, I just want to battle with a friend on rally-stages with ghost cars at least.

Coop would be awesome though ^^
I don't think there will be ghost cars, but you will certainly be able to race online on Rally stages in real time :D

Well, if I can't see my friend multiplayer is quite pointless for me. So its like DiRT Rally and we can only compare times?

JackKey said:
Well, if I can't see my friend multiplayer is quite pointless for me. So its like DiRT Rally and we can only compare times?
Yes and No. You're still racing on the same stage at the same time, you just can't see him. Just like you can't see other rally cars on a stage when driving through them.

So like DiRT 1? It's at least something  if I can see a another ones small stick overtaking my stick on the left side of the screen. Better than nothing, yeah.