Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Announcing DiRT 4

Bigsur said:
zoliRX said:
Busterbvi said:
I think we loyal members deserve the simple courtesy of an explanation from Christina, does this announcement of Dirt 4 mean that there are no  plans for extra content or a proper sequel to Dirt Rally ? Right now this feels like a punch in the face !

It sounds to me that you have never been punched in the face.

:lol:

Although you have and you deserved it.
It was purely banter, or whatever the Englishmen call it. No need to get cranky.

There seems to be a lot of premature complaining and whining. I'd suggest to take your time to read @RallyDriven's comments, someone who's actually played an early version of the game, along with @Rallycameraman (if I'm not mistaken) & others on this very forum. 

Pinowrc said:
How can they put Michigan, and leave Finland and Monte out ???
The Trumpetes need their Murica to buy the game! I don't think is that bad, if i'm not mistaken Michigan it's the home os lake superior rally, and from onboards it looks a bit like greece in the autumm. And then they'll charge you two DLC's for Monte and Finland... because the community asked for those locations

Pinowrc said:
How can they put Michigan, and leave Finland and Monte out ???
The Trumpetes need their Murica to buy the game! I don't think is that bad, if i'm not mistaken Michigan it's the home os lake superior rally, and from onboards it looks a bit like greece in the autumm. And then they'll charge you two DLC's for Monte and Finland... because the community asked for those locations
You must be from one of those countries loosing my tax money..... Bye Felicia 

(And I'm not even a trump supporter)

Well China and Malaysia would be nice DLC as well. I hope at least they learnt from their s***** mistakes and doen't split the community again. Track-DLC should be free. DLC-cars are definetely the better choice.

I really don't understand why content gets dropped in a franchise from one title to the other? Some of the work is already done. I find it frustrating they wouldn t at least include what has been done in previous titles even if they don't improve on it. Germany, Monte, Finland and Greece are going to be solely missed :(

I really hope they heard all the feedback on FFB and took it in consideration. Looking forward for more information on the 50+ vehicles, 4 announced cars out of 50+ is such a tease..
Please make it feel more like a Dirt Rally 2 then a Dirt 4 and I ll buy 5 copies :smiley:  I swear..

puduku said:
I really don't understand why content gets dropped in a franchise from one title to the other? Some of the work is already done. I find it frustrating they wouldn t at least include what has been done in previous titles even if they don't improve on it. Germany, Monte, Finland and Greece are going to be solely missed :(

I really hope they heard all the feedback on FFB and took it in consideration. Looking forward for more information on the 50+ vehicles, 4 announced cars out of 50+ is such a tease..
Please make it feel more like a Dirt Rally 2 then a Dirt 4 and I ll buy 5 copies :smiley:  I swear..
As i interrogated out of KickUp in the gossip thread, some things just aren't in their control anymore, hence some content going away, like the ever infamous Toyota saga.

Well there are different isssues:

1. People will complain about developers dare to use the same content for different games. "These evil bad developers milking us for money"
Racing Games using official Race Tracks like Spa or Donington Park have it easier in this regard. It's same track anyway ( still people complain anyway )
2. DiRT Rally is already 40GB - that is 1 Bluray or 8 DVD's. Considering that DiRT Rally had only ~15 unique stages, the size of their games would explode if they always add th eold content to the new games as well. If DiRT 4 turnend out to be 100GB many will come and sh** in your breakfast.

JackKey said:
Well there are different isssues:

1. People will complain about developers dare to use the same content for different games. "These evil bad developers milking us for money"
Racing Games using official Race Tracks like Spa or Donington Park have it easier in this regard. It's same track anyway ( still people complain anyway )
2. DiRT Rally is already 40GB - that is 1 Bluray or 8 DVD's. Considering that DiRT Rally had only ~15 unique stages, the size of their games would explode if they always add th eold content to the new games as well. If DiRT 4 turnend out to be 100GB many will come and sh** in your breakfast.
Ok then 2 solutions:
1.I ll collect ip adresses and silence anybody complaining about more content in their game.
2. Ok I ll have sh** for breakfast everyday for a 500GB Dirt Rally 2 with all WRC locations..

Solved!! Green light CM go forth..

Made my day xD.
Maybe there is a third solution: Codemasters optimizes the size of their games. I always thought Codemasters games pretty big compared to the amount of content they offer. I always thought its because all their stuff is pre-rendered. Considering DiRT 4 now offers procedual generation, maybe DiRT 4 is smaller than DiRT Rally. But that depends on how it works. At least prerendered shadows shouldn't be possible with procedually generated tracks I think..... but whatever. I don't know how it works.

JackKey said:
Made my day xD.
Maybe there is a third solution: Codemasters optimizes the size of their games. I always thought Codemasters games pretty big compared to the amount of content they offer. I always thought its because all their stuff is pre-rendered. Considering DiRT 4 now offers procedual generation, maybe DiRT 4 is smaller than DiRT Rally. But that depends on how it works. At least prerendered shadows shouldn't be possible with procedually generated tracks I think..... but whatever. I don't know how it works.
On the other hand having everything pre-rendered makes the loading screens shorter. But yeah, if even the shadows are pre-rendered I guess it's pretty bad.

I love how codemasters always pays attention to the damage model and mentions it in previews. Almost no big developers have even half decent damage models and this is one of the reasons i prefer codemasters. Racing games without good damage just aren't immersing to me. 

This looks like the game I wish dirt rally was. Really hope when they say the sim physics are improved from dirt rally they mean it. Although it would take much to have better physics then dirt rally. Gtav, forza and pretty much every game going back to play station has better physics then dirt rally. 

Oscar97 said:
Anybody knows if they're going to have pre-made tracks?
Set pre-made tracks are confirmed for career, as something needs to have a leaderboard. :) Unfortunately not fully real stages, just themed on the countries listed, like Australia.

Headquake said:
I'm excited about it, and i'll wait to judge it after i play it. 
:)
How dare you be reasonable! Ban him, Skiddy!

The one thing that put me off a little bit (initially) was the fact that there were no real-life stages... but their approach with this whole RNG thing makes so much more sense to me now that I think about it, and will certainly increase the longevity by a huge amount.

I can't wait to spend my monies on this title.

nah only got a very mild interest in this, been burnt conned an then abandoned by CM too many times for this to be of genuine interest.

It'll be yet another broken game that they'll refuse to fix with limited cars, limited tracks (they'll try hide this by giving the reverse and mirrored tracks different names AGAIN!), handling that keeps getting changed every update so you have to re-tune every car in the flippin game EVERY update, besides WHERE'S GRID 4???????

Doubt we'll see another grid this year (If at all) .... Plus I wouldn't buy it if they did!

Here's why,
Grid 1 killing the MP servers with NO WARNING.
Grid 2's BOOOORING arcade handling and the broken off track penalty system, seen soo many people at Redbull/A1 ring going wide at turn 2 and last 2 corners, staying on the grass till after the kerb ends as you don't get a penalty, you do if you try to return to the track before the kerb ends...
F1 Online the game, we payed for it's evolution and development while it was in closed and open BETA yet, rather than fix the low fuel bug WE discovered they kill it off for PC and don't refund ANYONE for in-game purchases that were unused, 6 months later the core game is for sale on iOS as F1 Challenge and STILL IS but not on PC.....
Dirt Showdown? AAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA! (Shouldn't laugh I actually bought this junk, only took 5 hours to complete it in SP on hardest settings, more fool me)
GAS broken upgrade system which we were promised over and over and OVER would be fixed yet it never happened (Loore's last thread was an apology to all of us for lying about this getting fixed, the ending of all further support/patches and notice he was leaving the company).
Dirt Rally Great game to start with but because some lazy git moaned the game wasn't doing the steering for him the handling gets borked again and again and AGAIN forcing you to retune all cars every update?????!!!!!
Add in the corrupted saves users have regularly suffered since Grid 2.

Won't even mention F1 which became pointless after 2010 as all they really needed to do was add DLC instead, 2012 was a different game engine but nothing spectacularly new and for me the newer games just seem.... I dunno...... how can I put it?...... Cartoonish at best...

TBH the figures on steam charts say it all and bear in mind Steam charts recording only goes back to Aug 2012.. So Grid 1, Dirt Showdown & Dirt 3 figures don't reflect launch day numbers only blips for sales/humble bundle freebee's. all noted at 00:00 27/01/17
Grid 1 peak players? 4,253 current players? 146 (after it was given away in the free last Xmas. No records from pre-2012 steam version we all had in it's lifespan I only ever saw "No servers found" twice)
Grid 2? Peak 9,363, current 112
GAS? peak 3,539 current 98

As for the more recent Dirt series?
Dirt 3 (GFWL version) Peak 1,337 current 4 
Dirt 3 Complete edition, Peak 40,603 current 520
Dirt Showdown, 6,327, 267 (think this was also a freebee as the peak No's are Jan 2017)
Dirt Rally, 2,651, 490.

So CM's current games have less players than their older bretheren. Seems gamers are wise to CM now and wait for their games to be free or as close as makes no difference. Me too....

For me to be even slightly interested I'd have to see Eyefinity, Crossfire, SLI, DX12, Wheel list, Track lists, car lists, MP options, (NOT JUST RX MP YOU LAZY GITS, IF THE MODDERS CAN DO IT WHY NOT YOU CM?) career length (expected completion time).

Anything less than 100 cars, full MP in all classes, guarantee of 3 years MINIMUM full tech support for bug fixing, online Bans for the cheat hack and trainer users and a decent vote to kick system. Forget it...

CM and EA are in the same boat imo I'll wait till it's recommended by someone I trust and I have a good long read through the support forums....