Sign in to follow this  

DiRT 4 Road Book | Codemasters Blog

Today I just saw a YouTube video of: "Menus, car list, customization and track generator" and it really is amazing, brilliant all the track generator, it is just perfect, never an equal stage, even vary a few kilometers, Fantastic, incredible, unique, very congratulations for this magnificent tool that we hoped for so much that we like to run the real rally that are unique curves and not always memorize the same, now the co-driver has the real importance he has in a real rally.
The bad remains the 5 locations nothing else ... that's very bad really, they should be at least 8 or 10 would be fine.
And the other is that only let us generate 6 events per season, why not an option to generate 6, 8, 10, 12, 14 or 16 ???
The ss by event are very good, finally no more the 6 ss per rally ... I would have liked an option for 14 and 16 ss but with 12 is fine.
30 competitors is really great!!!!! I would have liked an option for 30, 40, 50 or 60. but 30 is enough.

Sorry I forgot to comment on the great thing about the stage generator and is that we can finally choose to run 12 ss between 14 and 16 km each totaling a rally of 180 km in total, very similar to real life, almost all rally games have only 6 or 8 ss per rally of 3 minutes each ... magnificent that we can run almost real stretches of rally. They could put option for 14, 16 or 20 ss, would be amazing an event with 20 ss! my congratulations to codemaster for this incredible tool.

After playing many hours.... here are my impressions of DIRT 4.
The positive or good of the game:
1) 12 SS per event / rally in free mode. If we put all the stages in maximum we arrive
almost to the 160/180 km by rally! Fantastic.
2) The end of each stage does not end unreal and abruptly as DIRT RALLY... so but we are
driving a few meters more to the marshal and stop, fantastic also, much more real.
3) 60/90 competitors divided into two classes in career mode !! Great !! We finally run
two or three different classes at the same time.
And here this point has two bad things... the first that in free mode only runs one
class (30 competitors) and there is no championship of constructors (brands)...

Negative or bad game.
1) 5 Locations... is unacceptable. Simple as that. And the first day of playing and I'm
bored, are very identical, a shame what they have given us .... Codemaseter already
had the map of: Monte Carlo, Germany, Finland and Greece!!! It cost nothing to do one
more and we had 10 locations... Really the worst thing away from the game of DIRT RALLY 4
almost that you have to consider buying it or not because the stages for more than this
the "your stage "After a few days they become very monotonous and similar environments...
also it is incredible that in DIRT RALLY there were 6 locations and here they give us 5..
Incredible that a new game has less than the previous one instead of giving us more
locations! Disastrous Codemaster decision.
2) The only one rally of asphalt (Spain) the routes are hyper monotones, all routes
double hand... no narrow routes nor monaco style or san remo... none of that, very
ugly the environment of tarragona.
3) Again they make the same mistake again in DIRT RALLY... and it's like the times
show !!!! Where they saw the boys of codemaster the times in rally asi:
148: 25,478 (That translated would be: 2h 28m 25s 478/1000......) horrible,
frightening way to show the times ... something never seen in the WRC since they created
the races in general... neither in rally nor anywhere are shown like this...
And what is worse... in this DIRT 4... There is no difference with the first and the
previous !!!!!!! Incredible !!!! Unacceptable! We have to take calculating by hand
To know the difference from time there is between us and the first and us and the
previous and the last one driver that goes behind ours... very bad...
The conclusion both me and 5 friends that we were fanatics of DIRT RALLY despite being a
big lie that few realized, DIRT RALLY had only 2 stages per location ... that were
running in reverse and in small sections of those same Stages ... making us believe that
there were 12SS for Rally.
With that in the end never again as much as I and my 5 friends are going back to buy a
game more of Codemaster.