Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×
F1 2021 | Arrives July 16 | First Look Here Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

League racing is dead on PC.

With much sadness in the heart. I have to share some things that I found searching on the internet for some kind of cheating on the f1 2016 PC.

Have you heard of the program: Ego ERP? Well. It allows you to access the files of the cars. Make modifications to acceleration, final speed, grip, and all the rest.

And to my surprise, the changes made to the game files are accepted in multiplayer mode. Yes, in multiplayer online.

What is the fun of playing an online game, if everyone can do these cheats?

I'm very disappointed. How does the codemaster allow such a thing? We finished our racing league when we found out.

And now codemaster, what are you going to do?

Video showing my car flying with these changes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmLUOjRoyIw&feature=youtu.be

It's impossible for anyone to do 1:24 during the race.

If this is not fixed. I'll teach everyone here how to do it, and finished the race in multiplayer mode on PC.

So a program normally used to skin mod can hack all game? CONGRATULATIONS CODEMASTERS!!! I played this franchise all the time since F1 2012 and how is possible a huge company (and game) don't have a online verification to archive change? or a anti-cheat program like others games have. Man, what a dissapointment...is my last time is this game, no more codemasters for me, no fun anymore. I will go to other games who do the best for his community. Year after year and can't do a simple thing to save the multiplayer games and league races. For me it's done. It's my last day with this game. RIP Codemasters.

The solution would be to have a game like VAC. To analyze all the files of the game when entering the race. Or in the game. So whoever was with altered files, or something, fell or was banned for 1 month!

Yeah you are right the game really needs some anti cheat, like the VAC one, used in other racing games (Project CARS for example).
Unfortunatelly Codemasters already know that there are cheaters in their games, I'm pretty sure that there were already some hackers in F1 2010, 7 years later nothing has changed...
Maybe if  lot of people join us we will be able to change something, cause Hacking is killing online and unfortunatelly league racing too... so I hope that maybe someday Codemasters will have to consider this properly.

Http://www.ligaprorace.com/ is an online competition that charges registration fees and cash prizes. It has categories on all platforms and on PC virtually 50% of the grid uses modified codes. The pilots who asked for anti-cheaters solutions were expelled from the league. Codemaster has become a tool to deceive as people and leagues have become profitable based on lies. Such a passionate game being used by for-profit associations and without control anti-cheaters. This is yet another side to the inefficiency of the Codemaster and dishonest institutions that have no rules for nature control.

This is absurd. A game of millions of dollars does not invest in a VAC-type program to check the integrity of the game files before each race. Or any other means of security.

Now anyone can download the Ego ERP and modify, besides the cars, damages, gazolina, and more. And it all works online.

I lost the urge to play after I discovered this.

Let's see the codemaster's response!

Unacceptable, such an online competitive game should have some sort of an anti-cheat system, This issue keeps rising around this game, making it harder to trust certain times being established around tracks with hard work.This issue definitely needs to be fixed before continuing to work on a new game,

Estou desapontado em saber que o jogo que treino todos os dias para competir com outros jogadores on line do mundo inteiro está compatível com programas de adulteração, trapaças com objetivo de tirar vantagem sobre outros jogadores. Quero o reembolso do jogo ou faremos uma ordem judicial coletiva pedindo Danos a Cooldmaster.

This company isn't doing F1 any justice anymore. I really do hope the folks over at Liberty Media visit this forum seeing that LM is big on online gambling and esports.  This is a really big deal CM. 

CM's F1 series always was the “cheaters paradise”. It’s happening from F1 2010, and they never take care about it. You can easily edit the performance parameters of the cars, the tire grips, the surfaces grip, fuel comsumption, and the tire wear. It’s well known from a long time ago and it’s a nightmare for league admins distinguishing fast drivers from cheaters.

For example, last week @cHaOz631 opened a post titled “Changed Tyre wear and grip level in online racing” reporting modified files to have extra grip (editing the tire properties) and asking for a solution to avoid cheating. This threat was immediately deleted (I have a copy, because I know what happens in these situations). There’re other modified files over internet that reduces the puncture risk or increases car performance, that also works online.

You don't need to be expert to edit this files, because you can easily find these files with the modifications and you only have to replace the original ones, and it works flawlessly offline and online.

The solution to avoid this situation from CM is deleting the threats that reports all this vulnerabilities and cheating.

PS: This threat will be deleted in 3,2,1

I do not know why the codemaster hides these things. You are deleting some comments on this topic. Why not just talk about treating the pc community as junk?

I stopped playing f1 2016. Until there is a solution to this problem of changing the game files with a notepad.

I read that in f1 2013. If you changed the attributes of the cars the game will fall when entering the pits. It seems that in 2015 and 2016 this program can change without the game noticing anything.

If f1 2017 does not come out with some anti hack program, type the vac, it is not worth buying. Anyone will change the files lightly and pass themselves off as a great pilot.

We need a communication from the game development team about this problem. It is not now that the F1 franchise games suffer from cheaters, previous versions also had similar problems with regard to cheaters. However, it is expected that with each version or edition the game will filter these flaws, after all, the game is in its seventh edition for PCs and it seems still very vulnerable to such cheating activities.

After reading this, I'm not even sure people deserve modding at all... If you can't mod on PC, most people "whine" that "it's boring, no fun, no modding". If you can mod the game, most people start "whining" again, this time on "why it is possible to mod THAT, it ruins the fun of the game, better no mods"... I guess you can't please them all :D
But tbh, Codemasters, if you can, please do add a file check for F1 2017 like in previous engine games (you couldn't race online if you had certain files modified), that would prevent some "cheating".

I'm not against the mods. Just think of these mods to change final speed, acceleration, grip, gazoline, and everything else. Spoil multiplayer.

If it worked only in singleplayer mode, it would have no problem. The problem is when anyone can go online and ruin the races using these cheats.

So I expect some anti hacker program to check who changed files and who can not play online.

FRACTURED said:
Hopefully they reconsider their "we're only fixing the tyre glitch with the next patch" stance.
At least take that into account for your next game. A competitive game like f1. It should not be so easy to hack! We have several racing leagues that may be being harmed by this.

There's nothing fun, fair, or skill-based about competitive multiplayer games with outcomes often determined by laggy out-of-sync netcode, bad matchmaking, unreliable servers, and/or cheats.

Very sad news, but in a way expected. A simply verification anti-cheater check or alteration of files would resolve the problem. I will have to try other games for now and/or continue on this brand new f1 mod...

Look at the acceleration difference

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyX5uS1xz_8

I went from last to third very easily. I could have changed the attributes lightly and no one would notice. But altering my acceleration in this way my car turns into a rocket.