Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×
F1 2021 | Arrives July 16 | First Look Here Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

League racing is dead on PC.

wtsds said:
Look at the acceleration difference

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyX5uS1xz_8

I went from last to third very easily. I could have changed the attributes lightly and no one would notice. But altering my acceleration in this way my car turns into a rocket.
Wow... just wow...

Apparently nobody in the codemaster will want to answer that. It should not be their focus. Since no one cares about multiplayer. If this problem affected ps4 and xbox one as well. This topic has been removed for spam.

Firstly, thank you for drawing this to our attention. It’s something we’re very aware of, and are currently working on a fix, however, we’re not going to be able to get this out to you for the current game. The nature of the this issue means that with any changes we release now there’s a risk of players not being able to play online, due to an increase in possibility of false positives. It is, however, a top priority for us to get right going forward

Firstly, thank you for drawing this to our attention. It’s something we’re very aware of, and are currently working on a fix, however, we’re not going to be able to get this out to you for the current game. The nature of the this issue means that with any changes we release now there’s a risk of players not being able to play online, due to an increase in possibility of false positives. It is, however, a top priority for us to get right going forward
Thanks for the reply jennyannem. And I'm glad to hear that you're aware of the problem. I really hope they take some action to make the next game safer online.

There are many serious racing leagues, and we want to participate knowing that changes in the files in the game are not possible. Not in the online that is clear.

But pls, pls, pls dont make the game hardcoded.

I copy what I wrote in steam to this user already:

the program is great. I learn so much about the game - like tyre wear simulation like when are the specific wear levels and how much at which percent. I see the optimum tyre temperatures, I can see how much the fuel at rich is consumed as a factor and how much it makes the engine faster, I can see so much useful infos. its awesome. I could even test out a lot of stuff like Ultrasofts at China and so much more!
I want the game to stay editable and I REALLY HOPE that it stays like that. Also I like to make private things with mods in use. So it should exist a check if clients have the same files as the server, while the server dictates the files. I would be disappointed if they change it all to completely hardcoded and with that unmoddable at all. I hope this wont happen. I'm all for preventing cheats, but my fear is really that this game gets hardcoded instead of a better solution to this.
_____

So please add dedicated server, so that the server can dictate which files have to be used and check if the files are identical with the client. And remove mods from time trial.
This way we can still play a modded game with private mates for example.
Dedicated Servers would have another great advantages, especially with net performance of a dedicated root, than a home internet and 24/7 availability.

PS: I would like to be able to drive the tracks backwards. Imagine Spa backwards. It would raise variety too.

I'm sure everyone is just filled to the brim with confidence.
"Okay we are aware there is an issue in this specific game, we are working on a fix. But the fix won't be applied to the game where the issue has been identified, rather we would like to charge you £60 to have the fix in the next game"

Better they work on the next game, than having the next game again buggy.

They have imo a time problem. Give the devs 2 years instead of just 1 year and the game would have by far less bugs. As more as you ask for fixes for F1 2016, as more time they lose on working for F1 2017 and it will have even more bugs and all are unhappy again.

It would be much better if they would do every 2 years a f1 game and not every year.

Better they work on the next game, than having the next game again buggy.

They have imo a time problem. Give the devs 2 years instead of just 1 year and the game would have by far less bugs. As more as you ask for fixes for F1 2016, as more time they lose on working for F1 2017 and it will have even more bugs and all are unhappy again.

It would be much better if they would do every 2 years a f1 game and not every year.
Guess what mate it didn't get fixed yet..... ;)

*Seriously though, unbelievable!

What about after the final patch has been issued?  Once you know your not fixing anymore stuff and you know the parameters you have set going forward.  Is it possible then? 

I just wanted to know if this program still works in online mode on f1 2017. It's absurd to codemaster to allow anyone to change the game files and play online.