Jump to content Jump to content

car numbers

mrstig1978

@mrstig1978 I believe vandorne used 47 in Bahrain as a temporary driver so i suspect that's why it's not capable, also F1 drivers pay considerably more than £40 for their super licence to even be allowed to drive an F1car

apparently as of November 2012 an F1 super licence costs a standard fee of €10,000 plus another €1000 for every world championship point scored in the previous season, so vandoorne will be paying €11,000 for his licence this year
well either way i wanted 47 its a pain in the arse what wrong with letting the driver/player use what ever number they want and i think vandoorne is not in the game so he is going to be bummed as he cant play as himself anyway its a bloody pest not happy codemasters sort it
You really need to get over this, codemasters have followed the rules correctly this time and if you really want to know what they are it's here

Since the start of the 2014 Formula One season, drivers have to choose an available starting number before entering their first Grand Prix.[1] Drivers carry this number throughout their F1 career.
A permanent number cannot be reallocated if the driver associated with that number has driven in the last two seasons. For example, numbers that were used most recently in the 2014 season can be reallocated in 2017, providing that the driver who used the number in 2014 does not return to Formula One in 2016. The FIA have also issued temporary numbers to drivers that are exceptions to this rule. Some of those numbers are 45 (used by André Lotterer in one race), 46 (used by Will Stevens in one race) and 47 (used by Stoffel Vandoorne in one race).
The reigning Formula One World Driver's Champion can elect to use their allocated permanent number or car number 1 during the year following their title. The number 1 was most recently used by Sebastian Vettel in 2014.
The number 17 was used by Jules Bianchi in 2014 before his crash at the Japanese Grand Prix. Following his death, the number was retired as a mark of respect.

I would rather have no 11 in my career but it's taken so I've gotten over it and just picked 10
but its a game that you should have the choice im not ask the fia to say i want number 47 for my game and no else can have it what im saying is allow the player to pick the number they wish and would i get number 1 if i win the world title maybe not but its time like many other game you pick your number if we keep on going oh its in these rules then where would we be next i know i will have to see the new f1 boss and ask him and how much will it cost lol
and would i get number 1 if i win the world title maybe
this is the only bit that I can agree with as it was left out. Seriously though you need to get over this and move on. It is after all just a number. The are far more important things to worry about in the grand scheme of things
Byrne said:
and would i get number 1 if i win the world title maybe
this is the only bit that I can agree with as it was left out. Seriously though you need to get over this and move on. It is after all just a number. The are far more important things to worry about in the grand scheme of things
I have a feeling the #1 on your car was left out on purpose and CM will use it to promote F1 2017. Either way, OP, if your #47 was taken by Button, for example, would we be having this conversation. Like others have said, get over it.  I do agree it would be nice to use your favourite number whenever you like but the rules are there and I'm happy CM is following them. 
Technically with the driver number rules we shouldn't have been able to pick 4, 10, 13, 25, 28, 98 or 99 either. We got more choice than we should have. 47 was officially used during the season so it can't be picked. Nothing can be done about it.

@mrstig1978 are you seriously still going on about this. Grow up and move on. I'd love to have no11 but I can't. Do you hear me going on about it. No, I just picked the next number down and moved on. Your life must be so stress free if the biggest concern is that you can't have a certain number in a video game.

failing that, maybe you could write to Donald Trump and ask him to sign an executive order to force CM to allow you to have 47. And if you start having a go at me for being ridiculous remember you were originally going to take vandorne to court over it
Each team picks a number to be used for any third/reserve driver they run - McLaren's is 47 which is why Vandoorne ran it in Bahrain. This year he gets to pick his own number so 47 should be in the game (unless it also reserves the third-driver numbers as well).
Araqiel said:
So Williams have 18 and 19 now then? TBH Massa's return is something I should make a thread complaining about since 19 would be my number if I could have it.

I hope for your sake CM don't go by the official rules when it comes to numbers for drivers that are no longer in F1 has they can't be selected for at least 3 years after there last race  

Archived