Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Which racing game is a true Sim Racer

even if f1 2016 is not a simulator few f1 drivers use this game for training, ocon, wehrlein, palmer, even Hamilton said it's better to use a video game than a simulator 

Hi,
I would love to try out one of the simulators of a real F1 team. How they compare to the PC "simulators".
If they are light years better or if we would say, "Nah, [game x] feels more realistic!"  :-)

I wonder if networking will become sufficiently quick to enable us to share the advanced hardware the real sims use..
another one would be to race around quickly enough in google street view on a  street circuit called The World.

In Belgium they are building a new f1 simulator company.
they will have like 6/8 real f1 simulators there with chassis/real wheel/real pedals and everything.
it will be more expensive than a heat of go karting but when its opened i will go there!
just too curious how it will be! 

I guess in the final analysis what makes a racing simulator game a true simulator is having extensions that allow for a complete seat and cockpit set up. I recall that in an E-3 demo sometime back that Forza was connected to a racing seat with all of the hydraulics for chassis movements and it worked like a charm.  My guess is that if you connect F1 2016 to such a set up too that it will provide the same capability, or Project CARS for that matter, making these games “racing simulators” as the name implies and providing for haptic feedback beyond just the controller or wheel  setup that most of us use. 

No vote from me as really they all have their kinda arcade aspects. If any I would say assetto corsa, but really I think iracing is the ebst you can get. Project cars reallt isn't a complete game and I feel some aspect are still kinda arcade. Iracing I think is the best you can get for pure gameplay

haydn23 said:
Project cars reallt isn't a complete game and I feel some aspect are still kinda arcade.
I know there are others who swear by Project CARs for some strange reason, but you're correct in your assessment when you say the game isn't complete and that's because IMO their tire and handling model is completely off. I'm still not getting Project CARS two, as FM7 will outgun it as usual. 

I plan on purchasing just two racing games this year: F1 2017 and Forza Motorsport 7 - That's IT!

haydn23 said:
Project cars reallt isn't a complete game and I feel some aspect are still kinda arcade.
I know there are others who swear by Project CARs for some strange reason, but you're correct in your assessment when you say the game isn't complete and that's because IMO their tire and handling model is completely off. I'm still not getting Project CARS two, as FM7 will outgun it as usual. 

I plan on purchasing just two racing games this year: F1 2017 and Forza Motorsport 7 - That's IT!

This year I plan to buy just those 2 as well! Forsa motorsport is my fav series of games by a country mile. F1 is basically equal aswell!

JP072 said:
In Belgium they are building a new f1 simulator company.
they will have like 6/8 real f1 simulators there with chassis/real wheel/real pedals and everything.
it will be more expensive than a heat of go karting but when its opened i will go there!
just too curious how it will be! 
Link please. Sounds interesting and Belgium is around the block...

I tried to find it, not with succes.
they took the facebook page offline also.
it was in Sint-Truiden, i also looked on google but cant find anything about it anymore... i am a bit dissapointed:(

i would say VR is a big aspect now too, if you are trying to "sim"ulate racing then apoart from the physics what better simulation can you get than actually sitting in the car?

i would say VR is a big aspect now too, if you are trying to "sim"ulate racing then apoart from the physics what better simulation can you get than actually sitting in the car?
Not talking here about the next step in display technology - outside of scope of this topic.