Sign in to follow this  

The "Moaning"

What is it with everyone moaning about a game that no one has seen yet?? Yes there wont be many BIG changes and this version is a stop gap to fill their license requirements of releasing a game every year.

I for one will be buying this game and the 2015 version knowing these facts.  If you hate the fact that there are not going to be massive changes between '14 and '13 then simply do not buy it and just wait for '15.

I have brought every version and while each one has had its bugs and problems the majority of them were sorted, admittedly 98% of them should not have been there in the first place but hey.

And as for the GP4 throw backs, I loved that game also and actually spent stupid money on a new PC to run the game at its best but it does not compare to what F1 games we have today so stop pretending it could challenge CM's current games!!

Any way, moan over have a good day :-)

Rayg1979 said:

And as for the GP4 throw backs, I loved that game also and actually spent stupid money on a new PC to run the game at its best but it does not compare to what F1 games we have today so stop pretending it could challenge CM's current games!

Indeed, people do look back on GP4 with rather rose-tinted specs… it was a great game for sure, but it was incredibly buggy on release, there was no official online racing for "licensing reasons”,  some of the liveries weren't real, the framerate was locked etc. Modding solved some of that, but some of the file formats were so unfathomable that it was a couple of years before they really got on top of it IIRC. I hate to think how these forums would have reacted to all that :)

Rayg1979 said:

And as for the GP4 throw backs, I loved that game also and actually spent stupid money on a new PC to run the game at its best but it does not compare to what F1 games we have today so stop pretending it could challenge CM's current games!

Indeed, people do look back on GP4 with rather rose-tinted specs… it was a great game for sure, but it was incredibly buggy on release, there was no official online racing for "licensing reasons”,  some of the liveries weren't real, the framerate was locked etc. Modding solved some of that, but some of the file formats were so unfathomable that it was a couple of years before they really got on top of it IIRC. I hate to think how these forums would have reacted to all that :)

...and the fact that a loyal and passionate community thrives to this day despite all the shortfalls pays testament to the quality of those games. Its the difference between a home cooked meal made with love from your mother and a high priced restaurant meal that ticks all the right boxes but contains no substance and fails to stir the emotions

I wish they'd amend the Forum Rules to prohibit complaining about complainers.

If you enjoy the freedom to express your own views, then you must also respect the freedom of others to do the same.

This is the game's official forum, so it is naturally the most obvious place to discuss the game & to try to make customer voices heard by the game's creators so that the game evolves into something that even more customers might buy & enjoy.

There's no reason to insult people who are just expressing their views about the game on the game's own official forum. We're all allowed to have opinions about the game - we're not allowed to attack each other for it.

If exposure to other people's opinions is too hard for you to handle, stay off the internet & avoid all human contact.

Operator1 said:

I wish they'd amend the Forum Rules to prohibit complaining about complainers.

If you enjoy the freedom to express your own views, then you must also respect the freedom of others to do the same.

This is the game's official forum, so it is naturally the most obvious place to discuss the game & to try to make customer voices heard by the game's creators so that the game evolves into something that even more customers might buy & enjoy.

There's no reason to insult people who are just expressing their views about the game on the game's own official forum. We're all allowed to have opinions about the game - we're not allowed to attack each other for it.

If exposure to other people's opinions is too hard for you to handle, stay off the internet & avoid all human contact.

Are you complaining about people who complain about complainers ?

Under normal circumstances complaining gets things sorted. But in this instance and with CM, there in no normal. Your better off to vote with your wallet if no one is prepared to listen.

In fact if you have some intelligence you should not moan once you buy a CM game because you know in advance the game will bug for one of some reason. Therefore I totally agree with those who are fed up with the moaners.

OR 1) YOU BUY A CM GAME AND ACCEPT THE BUGS
OR 2) YOU DON'T BUY A CM GAME IN ORDER NOT HAVING TO MOAN

Haha, no trying not to moan about moaners :-) my point was people are moaning about some thing that they have not seen yet little own played, once its released and you know what you don't like then crack on but lets no slam something that might be good.....

Anyway, its Friday today and everyone knows by law that's a non moaning day!!! :-)

Rayg1979 said:

my point was people are moaning about some thing that they have not seen yet little own played,

Because we haven't been testing  like four beta versions in a row already. indeed

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the last time I check CM was not putting guns to peoples head to buy the game :-)

It's great really. It's always the same people moaning, complaining and writing "funny" comments about the game every year yet they keep buying them. Usually after saying the previous year they're going to skip the next one. Then they don't like threads like these pointing it out.

It's great really. It's always the same people moaning, complaining and writing "funny" comments about the game every year yet they keep buying them. Usually after saying the previous year they're going to skip the next one. Then they don't like threads like these pointing it out.

Thats because we love Formula 1. We dont give a flying fu¢k about Codemasters, and they know that the hardcore fans of the sport will always side with heart over head no matter how many time they get screwed over in the process..

Thats why Codemasters put so much emphasis to making the games accessible to kids and people who dont follow the sport while all the purists hand over their money regardless

MUZZARIOL said:

Thats because we love Formula 1. We dont give a flying fu¢k about Codemasters, and they know that the hardcore fans of the sport will always side with heart over head no matter how many time they get screwed over in the process..

Thats why Codemasters put so much emphasis to making the games accessible to kids and people who dont follow the sport while all the purists hand over their money regardless

I'm sorry but being a fan of a sport does not mean you have to buy the game. I'm a big football fan, but I'm not stupid enough to buy FIFA every year where there are very little changes. If you don't like the game and don't feel Codies are listening to you, make them listen and don't buy it. Don't be stupid and blame someone else that you bought a game

APR193 said:
MUZZARIOL said:

I'm sorry but being a fan of a sport does not mean you have to buy the game. I'm a big football fan, but I'm not stupid enough to buy FIFA every year where there are very little changes. If you don't like the game and don't feel Codies are listening to you, make them listen and don't buy it. Don't be stupid and blame someone else that you bought a game

I stand up for what I love, and that is F1. I dont know if you're a fan of the sport but judging from your responses you far more about Codemasters feelings than the disservice they are doing to such a prestigious license.

Codemasters looked at the opportunity to get the F1 license and saw $$$$$$, hardcore fans are a drop in the pool for Codemasters target audience, thats why everything they've conjured up over the last 4 years seems tailored to kids 

But it's right what he said. If you don't like a game why on earth are you buying it? Even if it's the sport you love. If you're going to buy the game regardless then you can't really complain about it or blame CM. That's almost as bad as selling your console because you assumed the next game would be on next gen and then blame CM for it...

I'd hardly call what they're doing with the games a disservice to the sport either. Especially when you see that Studio Liverpool had it for ten years and those games truly were terrible with the exception of one or two of them.

MUZZARIOL said:
APR193 said:
MUZZARIOL said:

I stand up for what I love, and that is F1. I dont know if you're a fan of the sport but judging from your responses you far more about Codemasters feelings than the disservice they are doing to such a prestigious license.

Codemasters looked at the opportunity to get the F1 license and saw $$$$$$, hardcore fans are a drop in the pool for Codemasters target audience, thats why everything they've conjured up over the last 4 years seems tailored to kids 

They saw the F1 license and "saw $$$$$" because they are a BUSINESS. Same with EA and the FIFA license, same with any other game makers and their particular game genres/licenses. The only reasons companies are set up is to make money, from car/bike manufacturers to people who make cheese. They're all doing what they do because they want to make money.

If Codies don't make money eventually they'll go bust. If they make a game for the hardcore fans only they won't make as much money, and depending on how much they're paying for the F1 license (which I would have thought is a lot), they could well be losing money. I'm not a massive fan of Codies F1 games, they're good but not great, but they won't ever make a full on sim because financially it doesn't make sense.

I am an avid F1 fan and have not missed a single race weekend for 20 years but I have not invested in CMs efforts since the end of 2011. I'm no fool into thinking F1 2012 -13 are representative of my beloved sport so I did not invest. I will still not invest if things have not changed for the better. I have no hopes of them winning me back any time soon but I do like to be here involved in discussion however.