Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DiRT 4 Confirmed Car List

By the way, how it´s possible games like Richard Burns Rally or GTA V can have mods for every single car. They don´t need license?

Mods are unlicenced content created by amateurs. I use the word 'amateur' in the 'not-paid' definition, because the quality of some mod content in some games is exceptional.

Although they're technically still breaching copyright, they're not making money from the licence so pretty low priority for the rights holders.

@RodgerDavies Thank you for the answer. Then will be nice if DiRT 4 support mods, but I think is impossible. (IMaybe custom livery like in DiRT Rally.)

@RodgerDavies Thank you for the answer. Then will be nice if DiRT 4 support mods, but I think is impossible. (IMaybe custom livery like in DiRT Rally.)

Paul has said elsewhere that it will be similar to DiRT Rally, so custom liveries should be possible. Unlikely to be any official mod support though. A lot of games that have a lot of licensing requirements these days are making modding more difficult, presumably to appease the licensees, and you can see those that encourage modding struggle a bit more with languages.

As Assetto Corsa has courted more manufacturers, for example, they have actively moved to remove their mod support.

Pity, but that's the modern world!

seeing some videos on dirt 4 does not seem so difficult as dirt rally..Spero it is unplayable as dirt rally

I am hoping we hear some news soon regarding filling up the FWD F2 kit car class. 
Codies really nailed the FWD physics and handling in DR. The Ibiza and Maxi are pure point n squirt fun.
Like to see a Saxo or Megane in there too.
Any hints @KickUp?

Not a confirmed car as such, but thanks to the post from @KickUp here, we know that there will four R5's in game. 

Thierry97 said:
I heard that in the game there will be all r5? Wrc cars news  :)

4x R5

No post-2011 WRC

Unknown number of pre-2011 WRC
I'm pretty sure that Focus '01, Focus '07 and Impreza '01 were confirmed already

Didzis said:
Thierry97 said:

4x R5

No post-2011 WRC

I'm pretty sure that Focus '01, Focus '07 and Impreza '01 were confirmed already
A Focus WRCar has been confirmed, but the year of the car is unverified at this time. 

tbtstt said:
Didzis said:
Thierry97 said:

4x R5

No post-2011 WRC

A Focus WRCar has been confirmed, but the year of the car is unverified at this time. 
I think someone earlier mentioned both of them being in the game (probably somewhere in the Gossip thread)

dwkGravey said:
tbtstt said:
The latest Road Book names the landrush vehicles, so I have tweaked the list accordingly! 
Don't forget the rallycross/landrush crosskart was named too: Speedcar Xtrem. I think it's the only one of the four that isn't fictional?
Ah yeah, good spot! I think I will leave that car in one place on the list for now, although it can be used in two disciplines. 

Sorry for bad English. There is intersting photo from Paul's instagram from 3+  years. Where he confirms finished model Gronholms silver red 206 (2001 wrc). and another photo with Burns red livery (wrc 2003).. In the comments section of the picture (Burns 206) says  about pt4 (game) that will come out on pc and more like on next gen (ps4 ,xboxone). that car was not in Dirt Rally .Hope its not licencs issues, if so,  hope the model will be included as dlc 

edit: sorry :( i was wrong (original text )  its modeling (didnt know its model name for  a toy car to) so i was little in rush.. and the comment about for pc and next gen was in form for next game.. SORRY one more time :(

Do you have a link to the instagram photo?

Do you have a link to the instagram photo?

is it alowed to put private instagram link? if  yes. then i will 

I don't really know. I'm not that experienced in instagram
You cant miss its only 2 picture with 206 car (like toy car).  one is from 180weeks and other from 184 week 

These are just two collection cars things he put together, little to do with DiRT I'm afraid. The only next gen related thing Paul said is to wait for the new consoles to drop price as XOne and PS4 were still expensive at the time. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/ekg7XxxcS0/?taken-by=cole_trickle

https://www.instagram.com/p/deJ00_xcSf/?taken-by=cole_trickle