Sign in to follow this  

Testing, testing!

Ph1LDK said:

When will the first beta programme start? :smile:

There is a countdown. However, every time someone asks about the beta it gets reset. So, thanks a lot.

Can always count on you to add some humour to the day xD

manowar97 said:

@jennyannem
thanks for the update.

I have to say, I like this way of communication, please keep this up.
Don't be that quiet like in the past, the result is just frustration and incomprehension on our side because we just want small updates, it doesn't have to be much, about what's going on and I think everyone of us is excited about the game and every piece of information makes us more excited.
But silence does the exact opposite :)

They are quick to post when we're in the hype phase prior to the new games release.

Try getting them to post when we are asking them to fix longstanding issues 6 months after release though, yeah?

Good luck with the tests. I really do hope its not a big bag'o'poop.

I´m still shocked that I got In but I´m gonna do my best helping whenever this starts.  Never been someone much into online communities(last time I was here, I had another account as well but forgot the password for It) although I have played F1 games online for a decade now and have played F1 games overall since the late 90´s.

Out of curiosity, what Is the criteria for getting selected?

I hope they send the codes soon because I'am going on holiday next week and I already have holidays So have plenty of time to test and sent feedback this week

Agree, seems unnecessary to wait 1 week after the beta testers are notified

The bad thing is that I need to work next week again, and I won't have so extrem much time like yet. I still have holidays, but next week the work calls me :neutral:  again... Though I will be able to test the beta even if I'm working, but just not that long like now..

I don´t think Codies should change their schedule because a small % will not have much time available. That´s one of the reasons there were 300 spots.

PedroPM94 said:

I don´t think Codies should change their schedule because a small % will not have much time available. That´s one of the reasons there were 300 spots.

900*

PedroPM94 said:

900*

I forgot to add per platform to my comment xD But yeah, my point remains. If It was just a very small number of people, I would understand codies changing their schedule but I think they give so many codes exactly counting on situations like this.

We don't even know when they are giving the codes... They haven't said exact time when yet. It could even be another month, knowing Codemasters speeds... :D (Last sentence was sarcasm of course. Sorry.)

Not really trying to slay codies here, but one would think that they would organize the codes, then send it out to the people who were chosen

Not really trying to slay codies here, but one would think that they would organize the codes, then send it out to the people who were chosen

I'm sure sending out the codes isn't the problem. Most likely they're still trying to iron out late-breaking issues in the beta builds so we can actually play them.

Yeah but they did not give us an exact time frame, so they could still be organizing the codes. Only information we had was that It would not on the weekend and bank holiday. That can go from either this week or a month. We should just wait, I think It will not take too long.

PedroPM94 said:

Yeah but they did not give us an exact time frame, so they could still be organizing the codes. Only information we had was that It would not on the weekend and bank holiday. That can go from either this week or a month. We should just wait, I think It will not take too long.

Tbh im expectin in the next week or so for those that are getting codes just based on where we are in the year etc but who knows could be a loooong wait xD

PedroPM94 said:

I don't think they would send out the "you've been selected" then wait a month lol. IIRC the youtubers initially got their beta codes a week before the testers did last year. Since the youtubers got their codes last Thursday, I'm guessing the codes for the testers are coming very soon. 

Since i'm here yes, I have this issue aswell again. I just hope to get today since today marks a week since they sent that email. I just have my emails permantely open now

I think that before sending out the codes they'll officially announce the game, it would make more sense and they wouldn't have the problem of potentials leaks

Not saying that they were tricking me into thinking I'll get the code soon, but then receiving it late... just an idea to toss up in the air for the future

Not saying that they were tricking me into thinking I'll get the code soon, but then receiving it late... just an idea to toss up in the air for the future

Well I don't think their intention was to trick anyone, after all they did say "we'll send it to you in due course". I think people should take it with a grain of salt that such a phrase could mean any time. We are all excited for the codes to be sent out, and we'll all be waiting together.

carpa said:

I think that before sending out the codes they'll officially announce the game, it would make more sense and they wouldn't have the problem of potentials leaks

you are correct. The beta for f1 2016 started on June 3rd & the game was officially announced on May 27th (the announcement was leaked a few days earlier)