Sign in to follow this  

Testing, testing!

Didn't get the mail. Pretty lame!
That proves that they just randomly picked users. If they really read my application (and some of my friends) we would be in. As a lot of people I play sim (F1) games for over a decade, so nothing special about that. But I also have real life race experience in karts and open wheel vehicles (also over a decade experience). Not a lot of people have that experience and I would like to bring that experience to the game. If Codemasters wants to take the step from sim/arcade to SIM racing you should let actual racedrivers take the beta test.

Codemasters, failed in my perspective. E.G. Wondering why drivers in iRacing actually are being picked up by real life race teams? Because iRacing used a lot of real drivers, so that they exterminate the arcade behavior out of the game.

Anyway, good luck to all the testers!

LMAO. Funny enough what you think and say. To be honest... if I read the text then I understand only following thing from your text: "I'm the best person! I have so much experience. I deserved it to be involved into the beta".
Exactly this is what I understand. Now you're angry, because you haven't got a code..... To be short: Senseless complaining.

Can you please PLEASE tell us while we wait so patiently for the beta will the cars be a 2017 or 2016 visual build.  I'm just curious I drive Offset T-Cam would love to see the wider tyres.   Please tell us the Camera Editor is coming back ???.  

Alonso86 said:

Can you please PLEASE tell us while we wait so patiently for the beta will the cars be a 2017 or 2016 visual build.  I'm just curious I drive Offset T-Cam would love to see the wider tyres.   Please tell us the Camera Editor is coming back ???.  

Last year for the 2016 beta we had the 2015 cars and because this beta is e earlier unless they're going for an earlier release I think we'll have the 2016 cars but with the 2017 handling model. Camera editor ain't going because it wouldn't make sense for codies to add something to delete it

I can run up the stairs in 0:700 seconds. Does that make me qualified enough to be involved in the beta ? 

Depends how many steps this stairway is. if it's only twelf steps you don't qualify. (Codemasters beta qualify rules, line 6, point 2)

Dboyking1 said:

Alonso86 said:

Last year for the 2016 beta we had the 2015 cars and because this beta is e earlier unless they're going for an earlier release I think we'll have the 2016 cars but with the 2017 handling model. Camera editor ain't going because it wouldn't make sense for codies to add something to delete it

I also tested last year and been picked for This year and I think that there Will be 2017 cars in the beta, because that would make sense. Its weird to see that you can Go faster in a 2016 car and that would be (for me) a disadvantage. Its my opinion, so its personally from my side. How I see it :blush:

It would be nice to have a 2017 car, doesnt need to have a livery.
but guess it will be a 2016 with the handling from a 2017 model.
can someone from codies give us a timeframe when the codes will be send out?like next month/next week or something.

Alonso86 said:

The cars will have 2016 models with 2017 tyres and liveries, as I think one of the testers said

FRACTURED said:

Dboyking1 said: ...it wouldn't make sense for codies to add something to delete it

I'm assuming you've had 2010-16?

Yea I was thinking the same thing they did it with a lot of stuff. Haha 

I just don´t get the point in telling your "beta-testers" that they are able to participate and than nothing happens for weeks, without any real information? I mean where is the logic. You hype the testers up, but then you disappoint them in the following weeks. Would be great to get some info in generell about the game.

mantazzo said:

almafi said:

for weeks

It's been only 2 weeks... By Codemasters standards it's normal (No offense Codies) :D

Yea, but you get the point right ? :D

Why don't you all be patient and wait? If they hadn't sent you the email saying that you've been picked.... you'd all be moaning at that? Just be thankful you've been pick 

jimo161 said:

Why don't you all be patient and wait? If they hadn't sent you the email saying that you've been picked.... you'd all be moaning at that? Just be thankful you've been pick 

True man we should be patient but it would be great to get a little info on the game it self after all we the fans / customers will be paying for it.   It's not like there is no info to give 

The way I'm passing my time is playing the shit out of F1 2016 at the moment so when I jump to the Beta i should feel and notice the difference a lot better but it would be sweet to know what tracks will be in the beta.  Any beta testers What was in last years ?  

Alonso86 said:

jimo161 said:

True man we should be patient but it would be great to get a little info on the game it self after all we the fans / customers will be paying for it.   It's not like there is no info to give 

We'll be giving you a lot more information when we announce :). 

On announce and beta keys etc., we're aiming to send them out around announce.

Alonso86 said:

jimo161 said:

We'll be giving you a lot more information when we announce :). 

On announce and beta keys etc., we're aiming to send them out around announce.

Sweet! That's all I wanted to hear, glad for the update.

Another week goes by, still no code/announcement... codies sure do like to take their time...

JoeLee said:

Another week goes by, still no code/announcement... codies sure do like to take their time...

Well at this point we're not waiting on codes really to me, just the game announcement. Do you want to push Codie's to shove out an super underwhelming game ad/trailer all just for beta testers?

I said It before and I will say It again, patience Is a virtue. Jenny never told us a specific date so there´s no point In sounding desperate because they can´t be late on something they never announced a date for and after her last update, you now have something to wait for. When the game Is officially announced, the codes will be sent out In the following days. So there´s no point In making comments taking shots at the waiting, they are not changing their schedule for the beta testers, nor they should.

Logically the game will be announced the week before Monaco. Why? Because last year was the same and the F1 has most attention in this race. Especially this year, with Alonso race in Indy there will be also more focus on the Monaco GP. So it would be logical to announce the game a week before and starting with trailers while the Monaco broadcast.

Jaketa said:

Logically the game will be announced the week before Monaco. Why? Because last year was the same and the F1 has most attention in this race. Especially this year, with Alonso race in Indy there will be also more focus on the Monaco GP. So it would be logical to announce the game a week before and starting with trailers while the Monaco broadcast.

F1 2015 was announced around the Malaysian Grand Prix. F1 2014 around the Hungarian. So much for logic.

If CM can't give us a date why are people guessing it? They announce at different times every year. We have no clue if they're behind or ahead so stop trying to guess it and just be patient, if they're unable to give a date most likely cause they have no clue when it will be (or can't be sure) how can you guys be sure?

I'm really struggling and I really want this beta to come around asap, but u all have to be patient, stop complaining about it, it isn't gonna make a difference clearly; so be patient and just enjoy the excitement.