Sign in to follow this  

Testing, testing!

@jennyannem

I was apart of the beta testing last year for 2016 and gave plenty feedback throughout the different  
beta versions...I do I still have a chance to be apart of 2017 test although haven't sign up on the new form? 
Lol what, no you weren't. 
Lol do I know you? And vice verse? I definitely was..and I obviously wasn't talking to you the person I addressed knows what I'm talking about. Thanks though 
Previous testers can be identified by the "Members, Drivers" tag next to their name.

So you're either lying or used a different account. And if it's the latter, why?
I did beta-testing aswell, do you see the tag you are reffering to?

DGNANU said:
@jennyannem

I was apart of the beta testing last year for 2016 and gave plenty feedback throughout the different  
beta versions...I do I still have a chance to be apart of 2017 test although haven't sign up on the new form? 
Lol do I know you? And vice verse? I definitely was..and I obviously wasn't talking to you the person I addressed knows what I'm talking about. Thanks though 
Previous testers can be identified by the "Members, Drivers" tag next to their name.

So you're either lying or used a different account. And if it's the latter, why?
I did beta-testing aswell, do you see the tag you are reffering to?
Yep. If I can see it, everyone can. 

The first race weekend has been and gone looking forward to rest of season.
Cant wait if selected to help with the game either way cant wait till released later in year good luck to all  :)

@jennyannem

Quite obvious. New account, new chances

@jennyannem

Can't wait to see the guy that made 5 accounts for "maximum chances" just for 3 of them to be picked. 

@jennyannem

if thats te case i hope hes getting banned for life with the beta-testing

Don't suppose we can get any time frame from Codemasters on when testing might start, irrespective of who is awarded access. 

It's past the first race weekend, we've seen plenty on how the new cars handle, on the lap times, and the speed. Maybe enough to build a picture on how the cars work on the track?

Avengerrr said:
Don't suppose we can get any time frame from Codemasters on when testing might start, irrespective of who is awarded access. 

It's past the first race weekend, we've seen plenty on how the new cars handle, on the lap times, and the speed. Maybe enough to build a picture on how the cars work on the track?

Mate. You don't know how diffcult it is. It's actually much harder than stupid Fifa. Last year the beta started in June or May I think. Actually I think it will be again May. We need to wait. The season just started. Codemasters has not enough data's and they're working on it already since a while. but it still needs it's time. I know everyone is very hyped to test the beta with those new faster cars. At least you can be happy that you have gotten the chance to play last year the beta  of F1 2016. So I wouldn't complain that the beta should be released already now. Look the release of this game will be probably again August. There will be enough time for the beta testers if they release it in May.

Seriously said:
Avengerrr said:

Mate. You don't know how diffcult it is. It's actually much harder than stupid Fifa. Last year the beta started in June or May I think. Actually I think it will be again May. We need to wait. The season just started. Codemasters has not enough data's and they're working on it already since a while. but it still needs it's time. I know everyone is very hyped to test the beta with those new faster cars. At least you can be happy that you have gotten the chance to play last year the beta  of F1 2016. So I wouldn't complain that the beta should be released already now. Look the release of this game will be probably again August. There will be enough time for the beta testers if they release it in May.
On the other hand, the "alpha testers" (YouTubers, league racers) had their visit about a month earlier than last year. I think Codemasters started the beta program much earlier and that would mean that the closed beta test itself would start earlier as well. 

This is just a guess, but I don't think will have to wait till May. Why would they close the application middle of March if the beta is over 1,5 months away? 

vvvili said:
Seriously said:
Avengerrr said:

On the other hand, the "alpha testers" (YouTubers, league racers) had their visit about a month earlier than last year. I think Codemasters started the beta program much earlier and that would mean that the closed beta test itself would start earlier as well. 

This is just a guess, but I don't think will have to wait till May. Why would they close the application middle of March if the beta is over 1,5 months away? 

Well, here you're right. Maybe the beta will come one month earlier aswell, so April. We'll see!

Man, I'm so hyped for F1 2017 beta :P
It would be hard for a new member like me to get chosen but still hoping :D 

i Just hope that we get any news before the Chines GP, would be good to have 3-4 months of Beta testing to really grind through the game, so that things like the tyre wear glitch won't slip throuough again

I'm hoping due to this new takeover by Libery Media, they'll allow Codies much more freedom with the game, and allow things that were declined previously, for example driver changes, realistic damage, etc.

Liberty Media could/should be good for the sport, and maybe they give Codies more leeway in terms of what they can do. 

But its still codemasters, and still the ego engine. Ho-Hum same again time.

Seriously said:

Avengerrr said:

As someone else has mentioned, they've started all proceedings a bit earlier this year and mentioned that more info will come after the first race weekend.

I agree there's still so much we haven't seen from these cars, but given Codemasters has started all this earlier I expected that they have enough data in hand to do preliminary beta tests, otherwise I'm not sure why they started the process so early. 

I'm not sure I have complained about the release of the beta? Very very curious, and I know game development so I know it's reductive to ask for a release date, which is why I thought a time frame would be more suitable to ask for. Yes we're all excited, I just want to drive my heart out and help shape the game's handling model as I did last year, which I think is why probably most of us would appreciate the smallest of information updates. As per they don't want to raise expectations given they might encounter anomalies in coding a beta which would result in delays and disappointments. It's surprising how healthy a good drop of communication and community interaction can be though, shame they aren't doing that. Now that's a complaint, but not about the beta release!

Avengerrr said:

Seriously said:

Avengerrr said:

As someone else has mentioned, they've started all proceedings a bit earlier this year and mentioned that more info will come after the first race weekend.

I agree there's still so much we haven't seen from these cars, but given Codemasters has started all this earlier I expected that they have enough data in hand to do preliminary beta tests, otherwise I'm not sure why they started the process so early. 

I'm not sure I have complained about the release of the beta? Very very curious, and I know game development so I know it's reductive to ask for a release date, which is why I thought a time frame would be more suitable to ask for. Yes we're all excited, I just want to drive my heart out and help shape the game's handling model as I did last year, which I think is why probably most of us would appreciate the smallest of information updates. As per they don't want to raise expectations given they might encounter anomalies in coding a beta which would result in delays and disappointments. It's surprising how healthy a good drop of communication and community interaction can be though, shame they aren't doing that. Now that's a complaint, but not about the beta release!

We know you all want to get your teeth into what we've got for you, it won't be long!

Avengerrr said:

Seriously said:

Avengerrr said:

We know you all want to get your teeth into what we've got for you, it won't be long!

hope i get the chance to beta test an give my feedback would be even better if the code are sent out around the 14th to 16th this munth as alot of my xbox mates are meetin up for the 1st time so we all could have the chance to try it out an give more feedback on the game. we love f1 games. been playin as a group of friends from 2013. 

Avengerrr said:

Seriously said:

Avengerrr said:

I can believe anything you say but over the couple of years i've been here i learnt that words like soon or wont be long etc. have opposite meaning for you. Is that because you are a girl? ;)

Hope news on selection comes soon but chinese grand prix this weekend cant wait see what real performance on a open track the teams will have

cheech219360 said:

hope i get the chance to beta test an give my feedback would be even better if the code are sent out around the 14th to 16th this munth as alot of my xbox mates are meetin up for the 1st time so we all could have the chance to try it out an give more feedback on the game. we love f1 games. been playin as a group of friends from 2013.

You have to sign a non-disclosure agreement to play the beta. If it's the same as last year, you can tell other people you're in the beta, but you can't let other people play it...

Can't wait to hear some news from codemasters about the new f1 2017! Already excited to try these new cars and im sure the battle between seb vs ham and merc vs ferrari will make every f1 fan more excited to play the new game! @jennyannem