Sign in to follow this  

Testing, testing!

Looking like a good championship battle is brewing and alonso is a marketing guru haha
@jennyannem

Zviko said:

We know you all want to get your teeth into what we've got for you, it won't be long!

I can believe anything you say but over the couple of years i've been here i learnt that words like soon or wont be long etc. have opposite meaning for you. Is that because you are a girl? ;)

Ignoring the comment about my gender  (friendly warning: don't make that kind of comment)... it IS coming. We're aiming to let those successful know shortly, but I will update when we've done this.

@Zviko
This is a kind of joke you could tell to friends, but Jennyannem is not your friend. It's inappropriate.
/Offtopic

Zviko said:

Zviko said:

I can believe anything you say but over the couple of years i've been here i learnt that words like soon or wont be long etc. have opposite meaning for you. Is that because you are a girl? ;)

Ignoring the comment about my gender  (friendly warning: don't make that kind of comment)... it IS coming. We're aiming to let those successful know shortly, but I will update when we've done this.

Cant take a joke either...typical. :)

You know what's even more hilarious... putting you in jail :). 

Do u think psvr will be supported for next f1 game it would extremely  awesome! Ive tried asseto corsa on pc this is ridiculously amazing! And taking into account that dirt 3 already supported psvr im very excited to hear the newws about f1 2017 @jennyannem

Zviko said:

Zviko said:

Cant take a joke either...typical. :)

You know what's even more hilarious... putting you in jail :). 

I just see you banned him! Nice one @jennyannem . He deserved it to be honest.

Seriously said:

I just see you banned him! Nice one. He deserved it to be honest.

Criticise our games, criticise us, criticise how we handle things... all fine. I'm not willing to be patient with those who attempt to patronise on account of gender. On a serious note: it's not acceptable and won't be tolerated.

Seriously said:

Criticise our games, criticise us, criticise how we handle things... all fine. I'm not willing to be patient with those who attempt to patronise on account of gender. On a serious note: it's not acceptable and won't be tolerated.

I agree fully with you. It's just horrible how people behave....

Seriously said:

I understand your decision Jenny, he was a bit rude imo.

Now then...can you say if the drivers that helped with the beta last year will automatically get the chance to participate for F1 2017 again? Really waiting for that email but I don't even know if it will come:smiley:.

"Criticise our games, criticise us, criticise how we handle things... all fine." -Jenny, 2017.
This is to see if I can actually do all of this, no hard feelings. Some of the content in this essay will be just utterly not true. Prepare yourself.
Ok, so how should we start this. Oh: Games first. Your games are so bad... ah come on I can't even come to say how bad the games are. Oh well. I tried.

-> I wish for F1 2017 that driving assists make you a little bit slower than equally the same speed.
For example I noticed with ABS on you have the same braking point like without ABS - that should be slightly longer with ABS enabled. Same for traction control - it should accelerate you a little bit slower, than currently is. The only one which really makes you faster is Manual Transmission. But the other assist are almost and for ABS I would say even an advantage over drivers without the assists - so there is little motivation for many player who only want to be fast and are not enthusiasts dont see any motivation to learn to drive without assists if it makes them not faster or so less faster that it is barely noticable.
-> Fix the low fps lobby you introduced in 1.08 of f1 2016 please. Why a tyre fix introduce a low fps lobby? o.o
-> The ai has a strange way to react on blue flags. Why they dont lift the gas before a corner if the driver is closer than 1 second on him? Why they always block the driver while trying to go away at the apex of a corner. Please thats annoying.
And please make the ai more careful not to drive into the car in front of them.. otherwise the ai is good. But these points please try to improve them. I often get crashed away by the ai, because crashing into me.
-> make the R&D more in relation to this what is written in the description rather than doing all the same like always -6kg weight.
-> Please make the tyre wear more visible on the tyres. It is at the moment barely visible and if I saw right in the files it seems that you just overlay an texture on the tyre while making random spots of that texture visible.
-> draw a shotgun on all the sponsors who have such a prestige brain cancer which disallow you to make a proper damage model for the cars (or dont you want a better damage model for casual player audience? its a bit odd if you do a full crash and having just a punctured tyre and a lost front wing, while the tyre still being round - just punctured.
Maybe also widen the tyre sim. Not just temperature wear.
-> Better collision sounds - seriously if I punch my fist into a pillow it is already a more realistic car crash sound than the current collision sounds in f1 2016. Beside on that the sounds are all very good, but collision sounds are really awful. And arent tyre punctures supposed to be heard? I dont remember any sound coming from a tyre puncture. Also let the tyres get lose the rubber from the rim until only rim is left over and sparks of the rim flying around and so on if you have a puncture and continue driving with it.
-> Stop jeff telling me my fuel is low if you are at a qualifying session and do a qualifying lap - obviously I have only low fuel in my car on that case!
-> add optional mechanical failures to player, not just ai. Add more mechanical failures than just engine and DRS.
-> LESS SAFETY CARS. This damn safety car comes out way too often for sometimes really stupid things like a tyre puncture while on other cases where a big crash happened even no virtual SC is coming out. The real SC please not that often.
-> add some more to the weather - like fog, storms/wind simulation, more dynamic rain (for example some raindrops and maybe not more - at the moment there is either light rain or no rain, but not a dynamic problem where you may stay at slicks but have some raindrops - if the game decides for rain it currently will get to intermediate sooner or later in every case.
The sky rendering with the clouds and so on is very awesome though.
-> If a car loses its tyres, try to not make them go diving into the street. that looks so ugly :/

DGNANU said:

I understand your decision Jenny, he was a bit rude imo.

Now then...can you say if the drivers that helped with the beta last year will automatically get the chance to participate for F1 2017 again? Really waiting for that email but I don't even know if it will come:smiley:.

Why do people keep asking this. If you did a good job and you have them the same contact details I don't see why not, but if there's 300 spaces the same as last year, and they pick all the same people again (bar those who shared footage) it doesn't really give others the chance, which isn't really fair because I missed out last year :hushed:

I find this one quite perfect for the situation about most people on the forum, especialy the one who sign up, dont look anywhere for a post and just ram in online:

Patience (Defenition)
- the quality of being patient, as the bearing of provocation, annoyance, misfortune, or pain, without complaint, loss of temper, irritation, or the like.

DGNANU said:
Now then...can you say if the drivers that helped with the beta last year will automatically get the chance to participate for F1 2017 again? 

No reason why we should. If it's a significantly larger test pool this year then I suppose it's a possibility, but if any people from last year are included again, it should be based on the quality of the feedback they gave.

I think it would be easier having some of the old testers in the new beta. They can be trusted more especially when it comes to the leaking of info. There was only 1 leak of the HUD during last year's beta test. There's a higher chance with a 600 person increase. Who knows really if it could all go to ashes with an extra 600 people. It's 300 per platform correct?

Yes, 300 people per platform.                                         

Just to let you know that emails have gone out to let people know now.

I know, just received it :smiley: . Sooooo very happy! Really looking forward putting the hours in to give some good feedback!

Lovely :)