Sign in to follow this  

And if you blow it.......???

What a useless and pointless feature to add into this game! 100% of players who do this 1 lap will restart it over and over until they are actually satisfied with their lap time. Would it not been at least slightly better to have some kind of practice run first before giving it a proper go - or a 5 lap run or something? Yet another useless idea. This series has gone downwards since 2010. Too much stuff removed for yet more rubbish like this. Pathetic Codemasters!

mmpaw37 said:

Hatta said:
APR193 said:

This is nothing but a pointless gimmick. There is no point in it if we can 1. reset the race or 2. change the difficulty after. I don't want a one lap race where it selects the difficulty for us based on our result, it makes no sense to have one for numerous reasons

If you don't know which difficulty to run the game at - take the evaluation test.

If you know which difficulty to run the game at - feel free to skip it. 

Personally, as someone who plays a lot of racing games, I'll go in and adjust the settings to how I like them. But that's me, I'm sure there will be a lot of people that would prefer to run the test and see the game's suggestion. 

Not allowing restarts and not allowing players to change difficulty post-evaluation would be awful in my opinion. What if I make a stupid mistake (that I never usually make) and the game sets me on easy. Are you telling me I should spend the rest of eternity playing the game on easy with no way of me changing? No, I should be able to restart and run a clean (and ordinary) lap.

The evaluation test is an option, you do not have to use it.

Finally Hatta...I hope these people can understand it now, its not rocket science is it!

You're right mmpaw37 it isn't rocket science.... it's just another 3 minute mickey mouse feature that nobody asked for to be included in the game.... I already know which level to play at... Legend!!! As i have always played at this level (Thinking about it now i have never played the games, thru '10 to '13 on another level, only legend!! LOL) whereas the things that have been asked for during the las 4 years are still not there!!! CM really are Hear no evil, See no Evil, Speak no evil!!! 

http://www.teamsquatchinusa.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/01/the-bigfoot-phenomena-and-the-scientific-method/Hear-No-Evil-See-No-Evil-Speak-No-Evil.jpg

Hatta said:
APR193 said:

This is nothing but a pointless gimmick. There is no point in it if we can 1. reset the race or 2. change the difficulty after. I don't want a one lap race where it selects the difficulty for us based on our result, it makes no sense to have one for numerous reasons

If you don't know which difficulty to run the game at - take the evaluation test.

Personally, as someone who plays a lot of racing games, I'll go in and adjust the settings to how I like them. But that's me, I'm sure there will be a lot of people that would prefer to run the test and see the game's suggestion. 

Not allowing restarts and not allowing players to change difficulty post-evaluation would be awful in my opinion. What if I make a stupid mistake (that I never usually make) and the game sets me on easy. Are you telling me I should spend the rest of eternity playing the game on easy with no way of me changing? No, I should be able to restart and run a clean (and ordinary) lap.

That's my point. It would be awful if you couldn't adjust after, so you have to make it so people can, and because you have to make it so people can (and frankly I'd be amazed if there is anyone that doesn't adjust after), what is the point in the feature being in the game? I get that you have to cater for everyone and not everyone can have what they want in a game but everything that seems to be added/taken away from the F1 games is just bad decisions after bad decision. The physics the graphics and Ai have gotten better every year but as a game it is getting worse all the time, or at least not progressing in the slightest

Oh dear another pointless feature, its a good idea but a 1 lap race at the first boot up wtf, unbelievable. Just hope CM have done enough with this gap filler or I fear poor sales, I feel they have made the right decision for next gen and just had a couple of people in the corner tarting up 2013 game for 2014. 

Hatta said:
APR193 said:

That sounds much more reasonable. As long as I can get to a menu before I'm on-track I'm happy. As much as I love Forza I can't abide the way it puts you straight into a race with all assists on.

Since we can select the difficulty level anyway, the 1 lap idea is just a complete waste of memory, graphics and code space you could have used for something better.

Scrench

mmpaw37 said:

Hatta said:
APR193 said:

Finally Hatta...I hope these people can understand it now, its not rocket science is it!

lick!!!

APR193 said:
Hatta said:
APR193 said:

That's my point. It would be awful if you couldn't adjust after, so you have to make it so people can, and because you have to make it so people can (and frankly I'd be amazed if there is anyone that doesn't adjust after), what is the point in the feature being in the game? I get that you have to cater for everyone and not everyone can have what they want in a game but everything that seems to be added/taken away from the F1 games is just bad decisions after bad decision. The physics the graphics and Ai have gotten better every year but as a game it is getting worse all the time, or at least not progressing in the slightest

it's mostly for newcomers I'd have thought to help them get to grips with it.

APR193 said:
Hatta said:
APR193 said:

If that's the case what are they saying about their physics engine if it only takes one lap for newcomers to get to grips with how to drive the cars? I can't get my head around why it is in the game. At least the YDT did give newcomers an introduction to the sport/game, and explained things/gave you a chance to try stuff out in different situations.

Hatta said:
You can restart the process if you feel like your performance wasn't up to scratch. :)

I don't do career does that mean I can skip the stupid test my skills race at the start?

APR193 said:
APR193 said:
Hatta said:
APR193 said:

If that's the case what are they saying about their physics engine if it only takes one lap for newcomers to get to grips with how to drive the cars? I can't get my head around why it is in the game. At least the YDT did give newcomers an introduction to the sport/game, and explained things/gave you a chance to try stuff out in different situations.

tbh it's never been that hard to get to grips with really anyway. I was pretty much up to speed by the time I hit the end of my first season on F1 2010 and tbh I liked the game that way. Yes  it took a season or 2 for me to start winning races regularly. It's still a challenging game in places though as I don't win all the time even though I play on Amateur/Intermediate difficulties on 2010/12. I'm disregarding 2013 as I felt that was a total disaster and don't touch it much. 2014 sounds like it's trying to make up for it by readjusting the bottom end AI back where it belongs thereby making it a moer playable game for those that aren't too fast or have disabilities like myself.

I dont understand? What if I go so fast in the evaluation test that Legend is considered too slow for me? Will I break the game or is their a higher level than Legend?

Why is there so much hate on here for something completely optional that takes 5 minutes max with no bearing on the rest of the game?!

doyley101 said:
Why is there so much hate on here for something completely optional that takes 5 minutes max with no bearing on the rest of the game?!

That's exactly why. It takes 5 minutes and has no bearing on the rest of the game. Completely pointless one time feature that they keep adding and not what anyone wants

Hopefully they wont cellophane wrap the game either as that's another 45 seconds lost of our life's..  :-)