Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

The Dirt 4 Official Countdown Thread

Recommended Posts


Yet it is too short. I dont think the escort mk 2 is too short to warrant a 'post is too short' message

EDIT both too short and quick it seemes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yeah, think you might want to repost that one on Tuesday @KingOfCoins

For Monday is 113 (assuming 6th June!) I believe.

And as it's just turned Monday here...


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Now that's a real find.                                                      

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

                                                                            

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
In Poland it's still one hour till midnight, but UK's already in 14-02. Here you go folks, for some of you countdown is one day down! :)

LADA 112, what else huh?



And:

MK1, real beauty with some minis to complete the picture:




Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
It's the other way around. UK is one hour behind Poland. Its 10 pm over there now.

However it's past midnight in Finland. So I guess we can go with that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Omm, emm, it was beer talking then ^_^'  Anyway I thought the Lada is worth noticing in the countdown ;) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ooh! A Broadspeed Escort Twin Cam at Brands Hatch.

Not strictly a rally picture, but Brands was the location of the first-ever Rallycross event...so maybe that counts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cjl9 said:
Ooh! A Broadspeed Escort Twin Cam at Brands Hatch.

Not strictly a rally picture, but Brands was the location of the first-ever Rallycross event...so maybe that counts.
No it wasn't @cjl9: the first rallycross event took place at Lydden Hill (in 1967). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
No idea what this is supposed to be, but hey - it's on gravel, and it has 112 on it!



Eeeeeeeew. That's so Murican.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tbtstt said:
cjl9 said:
Ooh! A Broadspeed Escort Twin Cam at Brands Hatch.

Not strictly a rally picture, but Brands was the location of the first-ever Rallycross event...so maybe that counts.
No it wasn't @cjl9: the first rallycross event took place at Lydden Hill (in 1967). 
Beg to differ. The 1967 RAC Rally was cancelled at very late notice because of an outbreak of "Foot and Mouth" disease. So the TV crews put on an impromptu "rallycross' event at Brands with some of the leading competitors invited. First time any body had thought of "racing" rally cars on a circuit with dirt and tarmac.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bogani said:
No idea what this is supposed to be, but hey - it's on gravel, and it has 112 on it!



Eeeeeeeew. That's so Murican.
Correct.
Source: I'm American.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cjl9 said:
tbtstt said:
cjl9 said:
Ooh! A Broadspeed Escort Twin Cam at Brands Hatch.

Not strictly a rally picture, but Brands was the location of the first-ever Rallycross event...so maybe that counts.
No it wasn't @cjl9: the first rallycross event took place at Lydden Hill (in 1967). 
Beg to differ. The 1967 RAC Rally was cancelled at very late notice because of an outbreak of "Foot and Mouth" disease. So the TV crews put on an impromptu "rallycross' event at Brands with some of the leading competitors invited. First time any body had thought of "racing" rally cars on a circuit with dirt and tarmac.
This story (and variations of it) have been circulating for years @cjl9: it had nothing to do with Brands Hatch or foot and mouth disease. Foot and mouth disease did indeed result in the cancellation of the 1967 RAC Rally, however the first rallycross event took place 9 months prior to that at Lydden Hill. 

The first rallycross event was run Feb 4th 1967. It was the brainchild of John Sprinzel, Bud Smith, Bill Chesson, Barrie Gill and Robert Reed, open to rally cars and was designed with TV in mind.

ERC24 ran a full article on the Brands myth and the true origins of rallycross a few years ago, it's a brilliant read: 

http://erc24.com/archives/11709

Rallycross celebrates it's 50th anniversary this year. There were a number of historically significant cars at the Autosport show this year, including the 911R that won that very first event at Lydden:

http://www.autosportinternational.com/50-years-of-rallycross

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×