Jump to content Jump to content

The Dirt 4 Official Countdown Thread

RodgerDavies

\Got quite a few for 16, starting with the obligatory Fiesta...

Ben-Philip Gundersen, Ford Fiesta VI, World Rallycross Championship R3, Mettet 2016

Josef Susta, Skoda Fabia S1600, World Rallycross Championship R8, Loheac 2016

Thomas Bryntesson, RX Lite, World Rallycross Championship R4, Lydden Hill 2016

Tom Middleton, Suzuki Swift Junior, British Rallycross Championship R2, Lydden Hill 2017

And finally one of my fave cars (and one of the most underrated drivers) of the British Rallycross Championship:

Ash Simpson, Lotus Exige, British Rallycross Championship R8, Croft 2013

Ford RS 200 from Joaquin Santos Portugal 1986
(Thats the only picture where  this number 15 RS200 is not smashed :)
edit few picture from action 

edit:2 removed photo Thanks @rodgerdavies . sorry didnt know what happend on that picture, later i did research on net 

Mike Howlin, Ford Fiesta VI, British Rallycross Championship R2, Lydden Hill 2016

Mike Howlin, Ford Fiesta VI, British Rallycross Championship R6, Lydden Hill 2016

And some more of Nitiss...

Reinis Nitiss, Ford Fiesta VIII ST 4x4 T16, World Rallycross Championship R2, Lydden Hill 2014

Reinis Nitiss, Ford Fiesta VIII ST 4x4 T16, World Rallycross Championship R3, Mettet 2015

Reinis Nitiss, Seat Ibiza 4x4 T16, World Rallycross Championship R3, Mettet 2016

Reinis Nitiss, Seat Ibiza 4x4 T16, World Rallycross Championship R8, Loheac 2016

Reinis Nitiss, Audi S1 4x4 T16, World Rallycross Championship R1, Barcelona 2017

There was a time when Mercedes actually took to the WRC, their weapon of choice being the 450SLC. This particular one was driven by Vic Preston Jr., navigated by John Lyall. One of five entered, they would go on to score a podium finish, placing third in the 1980 Safari Rally. Hannu Mikkola retired, leaving Bjorn Waldegaard and Joginder Singh to finish in the top ten, with Andrew Cowan bringing home the remaining one in 16th place, out of 24 finishers.

Yves Loubet - Jean-Marc Andrie - Alfa Romeo Alfetta GTV6 - Tour de Corse 1986

Achim Warmbold - Claes Billstam  - OPEL KADETT GT/E -  Rally de portugal - Vinho do Porto 1978  /my favorite car in Dirt Rally

5. Björn Waldegard - Hans Thorszelius - Porche 911 - Safari Rally 1978
14. Vic jr. Preston - John Lyall - Porsche 911 - Safari Rally 1978

juu1ius said:

Yves Loubet - Jean-Marc Andrie - Alfa Romeo Alfetta GTV6 - Tour de Corse 1986

Achim Warmbold - Claes Billstam  - OPEL KADETT GT/E -  Rally de portugal - Vinho do Porto 1978  /my favorite car in Dirt Rally

5. Björn Waldegard - Hans Thorszelius - Porche 911 - Safari Rally 1978
14. Vic jr. Preston - John Lyall - Porsche 911 - Safari Rally 1978

35 years later, Steve Troman and Andy Doig, driving in the 2013 Classic Safari Rally. Double vision methinks? Without the alcohol sponsorship of course :)

Peter Solberg and Mills Argentina 2000

He actually flipped the car over - right there & then - but after being instructed by Phil to stay in the car, the spectators put the car back on its wheels, and they could continue. I don't remember whether they actually finished the rally though - but for some reason, this moment right there is forever imprinted into my mind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-oAPl_hgm0

More early 2000's rally pictures please!

Archived