Jump to content Jump to content

The Dirt 4 Official Countdown Thread

RodgerDavies

Andreas Bakkerud this years livery

but i would take last years livery anytime..

I recognize that picture!  ;)

Some more Bakkerud: 

Andreas Bakkerud, Ford Focus III RS RX, World Rallycross Championship R4, Mettet 2017

Andreas Bakkerud, Ford Focus III RS RX, World Rallycross Championship R1, Barcelona 2017

Andreas Bakkerud, Ford Focus III RS RX, World Rallycross Championship R8, Loheac 2016

Andreas Bakkerud, Ford Focus III RS RX, World Rallycross Championship R4, Lydden Hill 2016

Andreas Bakkerud, Ford Fiesta VIII 4x4 T16, World Rallycross Championship R12, 2015

Andreas Bakkerud, Ford Fiesta VIII 4x4 T16, World Rallycross Championship R3, Mettet 2015

Some blasts from the past. Daihatsu Charade from the 1993 Safari, driven by Marco Brighetti; one of three entered. This mighty mouse was able to finish the Safari on more than one occasion. Incredibly, all finished in the top 10, fending off Audi and Subaru that year, beaten only by the Toyota Celicas, which took the first 4 positions!

In the mid 80s, Daihatsu even made a Group B prototype of the Charade, but were unlucky with the timing. The Group B ban was effected before it

could go into production. Now for something more familiar. Kenjiro Shinozuka, 1991 Safari, Mitsubishi Galant VR-4, on his way to 8th place.

Alexander Hvaal, Citroen DS3 4x4 T16, World Rallycross Championship R2, Lydden Hill 2014

USELESS FACT: It was confirmed yesterday that this car has been bought by Rene Munnich and will be back in action again this weekend. 
It's a triple picture today. First the daily fiesta 

Bryan Bouffier  Rally Monte Carlo 2014

And here is the little Xsara that could-

Petter Solberg won the first stage of  Rally Norway in 2009 with the outdated Xsara. Which is why I have a particular soft spot for all privateer Xsara's

Speaking of Solberg

Petter Solberg, Loheac RX 2014. Ruining yet another roof. I must admit I was disappointing when he stopped doing that after every win

Sundström Mikael - Honkanen Jakke
Lancia Delta Integrale 16V
New Zealand 1992

Toni Gardemeister and Tomi Tuominen, Suzuki World Rally Team, Suzuki SX4
Photographer     Suzuki
Taken     2008-11-02
Series     WRC
Event     Rally Japan

@KingOfCoins beat me to it with the first Solberg picture, but that isn't going to stop me posting more! :smiley:

Petter Solberg, Citroen DS3 4x4 T16, RallycrossRX R7, Loheac 2013

Petter Solberg, Citroen DS3 4x4 T16, World Rallycross Championship R8, Loheac 2014

Petter Solberg, Volkswagen Polo GTI 4x4 T16, World Rallycross Championship R1, Barcelona 2017

Petter Solberg, Volkswagen Polo GTI 4x4 T16, World Rallycross Championship R4, Mettet 2017

And some non-Solberg cars to keep things balanced...

Jussi-Petteri Leppihalme, Renault Twingo S1600, World Rallycross Championship R4, Mettet 2017

Marc Griffin, Ford Fiesta, British Rallycross Championship R5, Lydden 2014

And to finish, a car I shall be spending a lot of time drooling over this weekend:

Pat Doran, Ford RS200, World Rallycross Championship R2, Lydden Hill 2017

Mr Hollywood 2002 :)

Archived