Jump to content Jump to content

The Dirt 4 Official Countdown Thread

RodgerDavies

Andrew Cowan drove this Mitsubishi Lancer 1600 GSR to third place in the 1976 Safari, completing a 1-2-3 sweep of the podium for Mitsubishi that year.

From the 2001 Safari. Armin Schwarz and Manfred Hiemer on their way to a third place finish in a Skoda Octavia.

Phew, that Citroen ZX Kit car driver and rally was surprisingly hard to track down.

Henri Toivonen - Fred Gallagher - Talbot Sunbeam Lotus - Acropolis Rally 1981

Henri Toivonen - Juha Piironen - Lancia 037 - Rothmans Acropolis Rally 1984

Ponce Antonio - García Sebastián - Citroën ZX Kit Car - Rally Tenerife - Adeje 1999

Stig Blomqvist - Benny Melander - Nissan Sunny GTI R - 1000 Lakes Rally 1991
Qatatonic said:

From the 2001 Safari. Armin Schwarz and Manfred Hiemer on their way to a third place finish in a Skoda Octavia.

The Octavia's first podium finish. He also took its first stage win a year earlier, in Catalunya of all places - if my memory serves me correctly.

Fiat Italia Number 10 driven by Walter Röhrl and Christian Geistdörfer to win the 1980 Monte Carlo

Lancia Stratos HF Number 10 driven by Sandro Munari and Mario Manucci to win the 1976 Monte Carlo

Gilles Panizzi Catalunya 2000 in 206 WRC

Alister McRae, Cyprus 2001                                                                                                                  

Makinen in the 2002 Safari. He was the defending champion but would not finish that year, retiring with suspension damage.

Always put on a good show.

Edit: Added Liatti's Seat from the 1999 Safari. They would retire but Rovanpera would make sure that a Seat would finish that year.

Bit of a double post but I'm just now going through an 037 Book I have so you can expect an 037 picture each day now. Here's a bunch more 9s

Alen 1983 Corsica

Clarr 1983 Costa Smeralda

Biasion 1984 Acropolis

Biasion 1984 Monte Carlo

Archived