Jump to content Jump to content

The Dirt 4 Official Countdown Thread

RodgerDavies

Timo Salonen and Seppo Harjanne in the 1985 Safari. Peugeot 205 T16.

Mikael Ericsson and Claes Billstam in the 1990 Safari, Toyota Celica  GT-4 ST165

Juha Kankunnen and Juha Piironen in the 1991 Safari, Lancia Delta Intergrale 16V. They would go on to win it. 

dwkGravey said:
Group B Nissan 240RS                          

Pretty sure that was taken on the Tempest Rally: my most local rally and one of my fave annual events... until they decided to stop it last year. :(

Janis Baumanis, Ford Fiesta VIII 4x4 T16, World Rallycross Championship R3, Mettet 2016

Kasparas Navickas, Skoda Fabia S1600, World Rallycross Championship R8, Loheac 2016

Oh no, how did I missed that yesterday. One of my favorite liveries of all time, some really cheap and horrible cigarettes:
Kuzaj Rally Poland 2000

Rally Poland 2000 - Isolde Holderied − Heike Feichtinger − Toyota Corolla WRC

Dider Auriol, Tour De Corse 1994

Mattias Ekstrom, Audi S1 4x4 T16, World Rallycross Championship R8, Loheac 2016

Kevin Feeney, RX150, British Rallycross Championship R6, Lydden Hill 2016

Renault 5, rally demo, World Rallycross Championship R1, Barcelona 2017

Bjorn Waldegaard posing for the cameras in the 1978 Safari. If the car looks familiar, the same Porsche 911 makes a cameo in an earlier post. Navigated by Hans Thorszelius, they would finish just off the podium in fourth place. It is probably Thorszelius visible in the window since I believe the car was left hand drive.

From the 1981 Safari; Rauno Altonen, navigated by Lofty Drews, in a Datsun Violet GT. Datsun swept the podium, (two Violets and a 160J ).

Ford Focus 2003 WRC showing teeth in Original livery that used just once in Rally Argentina

Markko Martin and Michael "Beef" Park in Acropolis 2003 first win in Career
and bonus video from that Rally  

Markko Märtin and Michael Park were great combination. they drove over 20 km with open bonnet and lost something like 6 seconds on that stage time!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70GwcsbHsO8
    Robin Larsson, Audi A1 4x4 T16, World Rallycross Championship R4, Lydden Hill 2016

Robin Larsson, Audi A1 4x4 T16, World Rallycross Championship R1, Barcelona 2017

Martin Dalzell, Suzuki Swift British Rallycross Championship R6, Lydden Hill 2016

Jean-Pierre Nicolas, navigated by Jean-Claude Lefèbvre in a Peugeot 504 V6 Coupé, victors in the 1978 Safari.

Didier Auriol, navigated by Denis Giraudet, in a Corolla WRC. They would finish second in the 1999 Safari, behind winners, Colin McRae and Nicky Grist.

Archived