Sign in to follow this  

F1 2014/15 Confusion

Im confused about what is going off with the new games, is the next gen f1 game the 14 season with the ability to update it online or will the 2015 game just be the 2015 season. I know more will be revealed but before I choose to buy this years game I'd like to know as if 2015s game is this years with updates and a new engine id rather wait for that than buy 2 games in such a short time.

F1 2014 is being released in October and will be available on current gen only consoles (36, PS3, and PC). It will also be based off of the 2014 F1 season.

F1 2015 will be released earlier than previous F1 games, will have digital updates to keep the game current and will only be available on next gen consoles (X Box One and PS4) and the PC as well.

And it won't necessarily be called 'F1 2015'. Make of that what you will, but I'm hoping it means a real season progression for the first time, with real-life car and driver changes when you progress from 2014 to 2015.

Pretty sure the 2015 game will be about the 2015 season, they just want the release date earlier in the season rather than so late as is currently the case. 

For the record 'earlier in the season' might mean like June/July or something since it currently comes out in October, of course it might be earlier and that would be great but I wouldn't get your hopes up. Even if it came out in May or something that is still 5/6 months after 2014.

F1 2014 will be the same bug fest we are used to. Same crappy physics, rubber banding AI, bugs everywhere, etc.

F1 2015 will feature a new engine and should be the one to be looking forward to, just in case Birmingham Studios has been able to build something from the scratch properly (doubtful, but who knows let's wait and see), and we can say goodbye to the old awful series ridden with bugs.