DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

DiRT 2 delisted digitally... why? And [most importantly] will it return?

(as per title)

Can't buy the game on either Xbox's Marketplace (360 ver.) or the PlaySation Store (PS3 ver). Any plans to bring it back [digitally]?

Yep, same with the Steam version. I think it has to do with licensing issues, they no longer have rights to sell the game. It happened with most of the previous games too, and will likely continue to happen with say DiRT3 in the future.

I think CMR05, DiRT1 and even TOCA3 were all on Steam at one point, and i think the devs actually have automatic access to these. Its a shame you cant get them anymore, I would love a copy of those.

It think that in this era of online stores these licensing issues shouldn't be around anymore. Years ago, when you went to a game store to buy a game, I think it was normal that older games wouldn't be there anymore, because of a lack of space, and lack of interest because people bought the newer games. 

But nowadays customers buy most of the games through Steam, Xbox Marketplace or PS Store. So publishers need to come up with some other way to do licensing, something like for unlimited time if this is possible. 

If I could I would buy DiRT and ToCa 3 on Steam, even tho I've already got them on disk some years ago. But it's easier to go play it, and I don't have a dvd drive in my laptop so I'm not able to play those on it.

(as per title)

Can't buy the game on either Xbox's Marketplace (360 ver.) or the PlaySation Store (PS3 ver). :/

It was NEVER available. It was a disc only title and never on the consoles digital stores.

LewisBCR6 said:

(as per title)

Can't buy the game on either Xbox's Marketplace (360 ver.) or the PlaySation Store (PS3 ver). :/

It was NEVER available. It was a disc only title and never on the consoles digital stores.

Wrong. http://xbldb.com/offers/003-3e8

So can Codies comment on this? I can't find any news article on Google even saying what month DiRT 2 was delisted exactly. :/

supravoxall said:

LewisBCR6 said:

(as per title)

Wrong. http://xbldb.com/offers/003-3e8

So can Codies comment on this? I can't find any news article on Google even saying what month DiRT 2 was delisted exactly. :/

Well my bad, but it was never on the PSN digi-store I know that much

Its called Ebay.  You click a button and then someone knocks on your door.  What would you want with an outdated prequel anyway?

@supravoxall‌ 
Santa heard you, it's on a Flash sale at PSN Store this weekend for PS3.
Can't see the price as I already bought digital copy in the past but it must be dirt cheap as I just paid a second copy of  Grid Autosport for about $12.99...
Don't miss that chance !
See you on the track ;)

Don't know if this is still "Unanswered", but I just purchased Dirt 2 from a sister site (Steam Equivalent) a few days ago for PC @ $9.99 (steal of a lifetime, I'll say!). But, the best part was the fact that it was strictly to purchase the Software. After the transaction steam took point and I don't even remember the name of the website I bought it from. One (Steam) might even get away with claiming all responsibilities for the entire "third-party" transaction as if  the outside site were a figment of the imagination..  just to paint a quick image. 

In a nutshell: The ending result basically feeling as if the whole process was done via Steam. Meaning- Nice, healthy trust and peace of mind.