Sign in to follow this  

SUGGESTIONS FOR THE NEXT GRID TITLE PLEASE READ !!!

I DIDNT PLAY GRID autosport  so im suggesting based on that i played GRID 1 and GRID 2

• Bring back all drift type of events from GRID 1  ( freestyle drift..battledrift.....)
  • Bring back 24hours lemans 
  • add togglable ON/OFF pitstops for ciruit races especially Formula races
  • bring back that amazing handling from GRID 1 
  • flashback not rewind make it instant flashback like the one in GRID 1
  • try and add ultra low graphic options to support gamers with old grahic cards and also support DX 9 / DX 10 / DX 11
  • try and slip a cockpit view ( i know its very unlikely that you will do it cause mirrors may take processing power.. but with ultra low options maybe its possible?
  • add more street tracks for street fans
  • Ebay sell and buy from GRID 1
  • team management 
  • street vehicles costumization .. spoilers , Neon, flame stickers that make the car go faster :stuck_out_tongue:  ( available OFFLINE TOO )
  • Split screen and Lan  and add a mode so your partner from Lan or split screen can play on your team in Campaign as in co op
  • menu track sellection features a thumbnail with a picture from the track and the route line ... so people can choose easily
  • YOU REPLACED F1... DRIFT GAMES....STREET NEED FOR SPEED GAMES WITH GRID TITLE .... add more tracks (like figure 8 )and like 3 more cars under DEMOLITION DERBY and with your crash physics ... YOU JUST REPLACED FLATOUT 2
  • possible nitro feature for street or tuned?
  • Rally event ( kinda like checkpoint )

Thanks for reading.... any members who work at codemasters may reply and tell me your toughts .... cheers 

so....................go get Autosport. 

You say  " bring back that amazing handling from GRID 1

Sorry but the grid 1 handling was not amazing.  It was easy.  It was alot of fun, and still is a great game.  But amazing.....no. 

Grid 1 handling involves braking, and using the racing line,  but you could just throw your car (the chevvy touring car) at any turn, and boot it, and the car would just wheel spin and make the turn.   Use the BMW and receive the slightest tap, then your going the wrong way.  Realistic it was far from. 

Grid 2 - well that was just as bad, except this time, instead of understeer your way round, you drift.   

Autosport, has got the handling correct,  Its more realistic than previous grid titles but still fun too.   Its more like forza 4, but you dont feel its stupidly slow, even though you do have to kill the speed for certain turns.   

The next grid title I would just like a fully tested, working finished product.  With no save game corruption. 

So you didn't play G:AS and bring up a list that includes content, that is already half in G:AS? Play it first, then add new feature wishes.

• GRID1 handling should never reappear. Yes, like @RTAnoskills‌ said it was fun, but G:AS is simply better
  • flashback should be discarded... doesn't belong in a racing game
  • cockpit won't fail due to a mirror, more likely due to the massive amount of time needed, to create them in decent form
  • you can already buy used cars and sell your old ones
  • spoilers, neon? honestly? This is a racing game! fancy stuff like this costs weight and makes the car look ridiculous. If that happens, CM should close the doors immediately!
  • Menu Track selection is already with pictures
  • Nitro? Not a fan of it, but as it is KERS-like it could have its place in a proper racing game

The next grid title I would just like a fully tested, working finished product.  With no save game corruption. 

+1

DLT222 said:

+1

+1 if it's on current gen (PS4)  because making a buggy game on a "previous gen" console that is state of the art!

I DIDNT PLAY GRID autosport  so im suggesting based on that i played GRID 1 and GRID 2

• Bring back all drift type of events from GRID 1  ( freestyle drift..battledrift.....)
  • Bring back 24hours lemans 
  • add togglable ON/OFF pitstops for ciruit races especially Formula races
  • bring back that amazing handling from GRID 1 
  • flashback not rewind make it instant flashback like the one in GRID 1
  • try and add ultra low graphic options to support gamers with old grahic cards and also support DX 9 / DX 10 / DX 11
  • try and slip a cockpit view ( i know its very unlikely that you will do it cause mirrors may take processing power.. but with ultra low options maybe its possible?
  • add more street tracks for street fans
  • Ebay sell and buy from GRID 1
  • street vehicles costumization .. spoilers , Neon,  ( available OFFLINE TOO )
  • Split screen and Lan  and add a mode so your partner from Lan or split screen can play on your team in Campaign as in co op
  • menu track sellection features a thumbnail with a picture from the track and the route line ... so people can choose easily
  • YOU REPLACED F1... DRIFT GAMES....STREET NEED FOR SPEED GAMES WITH GRID TITLE .... add more tracks (like figure 8 )and like 3 more cars under DEMOLITION DERBY and with your crash physics ... YOU JUST REPLACED FLATOUT 2
  • possible nitro feature for street or tuned?

Thanks for reading.... any members who work at codemasters may reply and tell me your toughts .... cheers 

Sounds like you are in the wrong forum, the fast and furious forum is around the corner mate!

Hey guy do not shoot the guy that said about vehicles customizations , spoilers etc.. Not only NFS series have these features , but also great games as Gran tursismo and Forza motosport that many PC users would be happy to have...(between them , me) Personally , yes i would like to have these features in one of next codies games ( ok neon lights i dont like too)  :D   B)   >:)

In other words i would like the Codies to make a game full of content, closer to sim (i am sure they can) as Forza and Gran turismo series (not like the too much PC sim style games like Assetto corsa , Simbin's racing , iracing , rfactor ect) 

Its time for codies to do that , in PC there is no such a game ! I am really jealous about we have not such a kind of racing in PC , and its the only reason i have thought to buy a console last years (nevertheless i did not buy any) .. My only hope is either codies release such a game in all platforms including PC or xbox1 to go even worse in the future so for the microsoft to decide to release Forza in PCs.. (as recently happened with ryse son of Rome that was supposed to be one of the most strong exclusives in xbox1 , but finally will come within 2014 in PC)  :o  :p

I suggest they test it.  Make sure it doesnt corrupt your data.  Instead of making up shit things like fake ass garage slots or making consumers purchase acceleration points that will allow their overly priced vehicles with overly priced garage slots to suddenly perform like the old days when developers didnt work for Satan.  Seriously, you are trying to make a racing game a sim and trying to cash out on it.  You guys suck.

Hey guy do not shoot the guy that said about vehicles customizations , spoilers etc.. Not only NFS series have these features , but also great games as Gran tursismo and Forza motosport that many PC users would be happy to have...(between them , me) Personally , yes i would like to have these features in one of next codies games ( ok neon lights i dont like too)  :D   B)   >:)

In other words i would like the Codies to make a game full of content, closer to sim (i am sure they can) as Forza and Gran turismo series (not like the too much PC sim style games like Assetto corsa , Simbin's racing , iracing , rfactor ect) 

Its time for codies to do that , in PC there is no such a game ! I am really jealous about we have not such a kind of racing in PC , and its the only reason i have thought to buy a console last years (nevertheless i did not buy any) .. My only hope is either codies release such a game in all platforms including PC or xbox1 to go even worse in the future so for the microsoft to decide to release Forza in PCs.. (as recently happened with ryse son of Rome that was supposed to be one of the most strong exclusives in xbox1 , but finally will come within 2014 in PC)  :o  :p

ProjectCARS will blow the wheels off of gran turismo and forza combined, check it coming in November this year.

@MiatakiasGR‌ 
Wait a minute! You want to compare NfS-'tuning' with Gran Turismos tuning? In NfS (Underground) you got actually 'style'-points, or whatever they were called. So I had to take my nice looking (stock) R34GTR and give it the ugliest rear lights I've ever seen, to earn more points.
GT has actually use for that stuff. A spoiler adds downforce and stability and so do the side skirts you can get. GT lets you upgrade/tune, what actually improves the car's performance, except for color and wheels.

To the content of GT/Forza you wish... Loore already explained, that they are a small team. They have not the sales a GT/Forza (leading and exclusive racing games on their consoles) has and therefore you'll probably never see that, though it would be nice.
But yeah, tuning to the extent of GT/NfS Shift (I want to swap engines in cars!!! :D ), lots of tracks, online challenges, a full-on practice mode (including ghosts, local best lap saves for each car or better each session (like GT4 had it). 
And I want the first game to have regularity rallies! You could do an online session at Spa with lots of different cars, as pure speed doesn't matter. That would be lots of fun I guess. :D 

Photonik said:

@MiatakiasGR‌ 
Wait a minute! You want to compare NfS-'tuning' with Gran Turismos tuning? In NfS (Underground) you got actually 'style'-points, or whatever they were called. So I had to take my nice looking (stock) R34GTR and give it the ugliest rear lights I've ever seen, to earn more points.
GT has actually use for that stuff. A spoiler adds downforce and stability and so do the side skirts you can get. GT lets you upgrade/tune, what actually improves the car's performance, except for color and wheels.

To the content of GT/Forza you wish... Loore already explained, that they are a small team. They have not the sales a GT/Forza (leading and exclusive racing games on their consoles) has and therefore you'll probably never see that, though it would be nice.
But yeah, tuning to the extent of GT/NfS Shift (I want to swap engines in cars!!! :D ), lots of tracks, online challenges, a full-on practice mode (including ghosts, local best lap saves for each car or better each session (like GT4 had it). 
And I want the first game to have regularity rallies! You could do an online session at Spa with lots of different cars, as pure speed doesn't matter. That would be lots of fun I guess. :D 
 Rally  YEAH why didnt i think of it ill add it to my suggestions... that way you have DIRT in GRID... yeah it could do big... so any fan of rally racing will like grid 

naaah, pure rallying is not what I meant. I was talking about regularity rallies (TSD, Time Speed Distance) only, so no rally cars, no rally tracks, just TSD-mode... you have to match a given time for a certain sector... so consistency and a low delta-time gives you a win, not the fastest time.

I say no on nitrous, spoliers, & neon. But YES on curb-feelers, spinner wheelz, & go faster stickers! Now that would be a game! I would say hydraulics, but that may be going too far.  B)

i say they dont make anymore grid games. all they do now is release half finished games and worry about making money on DLC

Coming up GRID 4: Racing without bugs! The first Grid game without corrupted save data!

That's what I call virtual reality! o:)

Only few monthes passed since launch of GAS, and I think it is too early to discuss such matter like this lol. Anyway, what I want in next GRID is team management and detailed car interior from GRID, as well as multi-discplined approach and handling of GAS.

What I don't want is recycled contents from old games. Also, I hope they make sure that game has no issues before releasing them. That'd be great.

Sorry i forgot to notice that i spoke for NFS SHIFT 1-2 and not underground ones.. 

I know about project cars over 2 years , i have watched many videos on tube , yes it seems very good , but it seems all about race .. I would like a racing exactly like Gran turismo and Forza .. over 500-1000 cars fully adjustable and customized , many many tracks , detailed cockpit view , handling physics to sim but with an easy 'console style" way and not heavy sim like those of simbin , rfactor etc.. 

Project cars offcorse is in my wishlist but i dont think it will be close to this style of GT and Forza but closer to Toca 3 etc..

I dont think Codies is a small company , i play their games since 1998 (colin macrae rally) and i have played almost all of their games..They have created some of the most important games in racing game's history! They make very good graphics , good handling in most of his games but the problem is about few content in most of them  (toca 3 is one of the exeptions) .the problem is that they want to release many racing games within few time , for expample the last 3 years they have released 8 games :

Dirt 3 ,   F1 11 ,    F1 12 ,    F1 race stars ,    Dirt showdown,     F1 13,     Grid 2 ,   Grid Autosport ,                   ( did i forget any...?  :| )

Gran turismo and Forza are released every 3 or more years from a team that does not create any other game , right? How big was the deference between Grid 2 and Grid autosport just after a year ..??Codies it is supposed to be small team but within (or even less ) than one year made an amazing racing game like Gas! Ok i know that codies have 2 deferent studios but why these 2 studios not  to be united for something really big like forza , GT..? Plus Gt and Forza are exclusives so the number of users is limied , codies will have the advantage of releasing games in almost all platforms including playstation 3 - 4 , xbox360 - one , not sure about WI and WiU , PC windows - mac ... I am sure if the 2 codies teams decided to work for many years together for a big tittle like GT, FORZA they would do it well and maybe better ! Why GT and forza have very high sales.?? Because they are really good games with huge content! If codies decided to do something similar , they would have higher sales because they would release it in all platforms! Its so simple! They just do not want to do this! :( 

Plus i stably believe that codies should make a competitor of NFS (police chases , nice coast and mountain open roads , sport cars , Nitro , pure arcade etc handling) They could do it better i think! :)

ProjectCARS will blow the wheels off of gran turismo and forza combined, check it coming in November this year.

Apart from the AI, which still looks terrible after all these years and delays.

Gran turismo and Forza are released every 3 or more years from a team that does not create any other game , right? How big was the deference between Grid 2 and Grid autosport just after a year ..??Codies it is supposed to be small team but within (or even less ) than one year made an amazing racing game like Gas! Ok i know that codies have 2 deferent studios but why these 2 studios not  to be united for something really big like forza , GT..? Plus Gt and Forza are exclusives so the number of users is limied , codies will have the advantage of releasing games in almost all platforms including playstation 3 - 4 , xbox360 - one , not sure about WI and WiU , PC windows - mac ... I am sure if the 2 codies teams decided to work for many years together for a big tittle like GT, FORZA they would do it well and maybe better ! Why GT and forza have very high sales.?? Because they are really good games with huge content! If codies decided to do something similar , they would have higher sales because they would release it in all platforms! Its so simple! They just do not want to do this! :( 

Plus i stably believe that codies should make a competitor of NFS (police chases , nice coast and mountain open roads , sport cars , Nitro , pure arcade etc handling) They could do it better i think! :)

GT is another planet. They have sold over 70 million copies, that means on every 5th Playstation console ever sold GT was played on. Forza should be around 16-20 million sold copies by now. S forget the argument of 'limited number of users'. They are the biggest and best done racing games on their platforms. Both employ ~270-300 people exclusively for these games and are subsidiaries of the consoles producers (MS and Sony). They don't have to bother about money, they get what is needed, as both are important (launch)titles in the history of these consoles.

When Loore talks about a 'small team', I assume 50 or less people working on that game. I don't know how they are divided, but F1, pretty sure, is developed by another team way bigger.

From what I read, CMR sales are around 10million copies and ~5million for TOCA (including grid). So there are many racing series that sold better in the past, including Project Gotham Racing, Test Drive, NASCAR, Burnout, Midnight Club, with its' peak at Need for Speed with over 150mil. copies sold! Conclusion: GRiD is one of many racing game series with decent, but not exorbitant sales. 

Broken down that's a budget of ~30mil € per game with a sale price of 50€ a piece (and only a fraction will actually go to the developer). With a Team of 50 employees earning 40000€ a year that makes 24mil € just for the personnell. And these figures don't even express, what a company actually has to pay per employee (should be around 20% more), raising the costs to 30mil €. Calculating that, I guess, the team is even way smaller to get positive figures after release. That pretty much explains to me, why G:AS was released within just a year. They simply can't finance a game that big as GT or Forza, as they'd be broke before that happened. And it wouldn't guarantee, that the game sells that well, either. Polyphony should have a budget of ~ 4-500 million per game, giving them, with 270 employees easily 3 years time to develop the game. So thrice the time and probably 10 times the manpower, makes 30 times more time, that can be invested in that game.

edit:  should change my meds, don't know how I came to these figures. Something's not right in my head. :D 

But well, I think it's simply not done smart and I hope, this'll get better with the next engine. F1, GRiD, DiRT, they are all racing games, so they (should) have the exact same structure. Tracks for F1 and GRiD are identical, formats for cars identical for all series. Rules can be applied differently, but apart from that... menu should be the same structure with just another design. Same for options, controller support/config, rear view mirrors, leaderboards, challenges.

If that would be the case, work on one title based off the structure would be way less complicated, more time effective, bugs in that structure could be easily fixed for every game and therefore it would be more stable, reliable and things like rubbish leaderboard problems should be seen by a way bigger team.

so....................go get Autosport. 

You say  " bring back that amazing handling from GRID 1

Sorry but the grid 1 handling was not amazing.  It was easy.  It was alot of fun, and still is a great game.  But amazing.....no. 

Grid 1 handling involves braking, and using the racing line,  but you could just throw your car (the chevvy touring car) at any turn, and boot it, and the car would just wheel spin and make the turn.   Use the BMW and receive the slightest tap, then your going the wrong way.  Realistic it was far from. 

Grid 2 - well that was just as bad, except this time, instead of understeer your way round, you drift.   

Autosport, has got the handling correct,  Its more realistic than previous grid titles but still fun too.   Its more like forza 4, but you dont feel its stupidly slow, even though you do have to kill the speed for certain turns.   

If you threw your Chevy or BMW into any turn and caused wheel spin you would never be able to keep up with the good players who took the racing line and knew when to brake and when to accelerate out of the turn. 

lol photonik i have gone crazy with your numbers.. it may be like that ..:(  so i will wait for the 2nd hope , the xbox1 to go very bad and microsoft to be pushed to relase Forza series in PC..No need for latest forza 5, i could be happy with forza 4..  :p

@Workhorse9696‌ 

Exactly that's what he meant. I drove a long time with the 'elite' in touring in GRID1 and you hardly used the brakes. Most turns you threw the car hard into a corner and thorugh that the car lost enough speed to pass it clear and fast, if you shifted right, even better and faster. If that wasn't enough, a little bit off the throttle and a gear down was enough. Binary throttle was sufficient most of the time. In GAS you use half throttle more often, while in G1 you simply stood on it, turned in and the engine did the rest for you. There was hardly any under-/oversteer, just perfectly neutral, like a F1 car on crack.

Ah ok :) I wasn't one of the elite touring car racers, just used to watch them disappearing into the distance!! But I do remember using a similar technique in the lamborghinis on some circuits where you only had to use the brakes for the tight corners.