Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

WRC/FIA Blocking cars?

Recommended Posts

Heard from a good youtube source the FIA/WRC are blocking the use of current WRC cars from being used.Is this true? Not sure if this is for the last gen cars too.But they've also blocked the use of real stages too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Officially nothing will be said. But yeah, Codies are avoiding WRC cars and stages just in case there will be legal issues with the license holders.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Its down to the official WRC game I think having the exclusive licence, they know DR and D4 are better games so play hardball to the customer "the only way you'll drive these modern cars is if you buy the official WRC game which we get money from each sale". That kind of thing, licencing definitely seems to have gotten a tonne more ruthless in the last few years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Its down to the official WRC game I think having the exclusive licence, they know DR and D4 are better games so play hardball to the customer "the only way you'll drive these modern cars is if you buy the official WRC game which we get money from each sale". That kind of thing, licencing definitely seems to have gotten a tonne more ruthless in the last few years.
Yeah, I agree. And if you hate it - don't buy these WRC games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Much as i like WRC cars, Id rather do the cars the respect of NOT driving the shoddy representation of them on the 'official' game...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
It's a pity, but R5s are the top class in pretty much every other major regional or national championship these days, so if they can secure a good selection of those I'm more than happy enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I may be in the minority here, but the possibility of having an R2 Fiesta to drive in Dirt 4 is more exciting to me than 2017 WRC cars. :p

Maybe that's personal bias because Fiestas are pretty common here in Rally America, but as others have said, I'm perfectly happy sacrificing the latest and greatest cars if we're going to have a whole roster of cars from almost every other facet of the sport modeled properly to play with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Blocking the use of the 2017 cars is understandable but if they are blocking older generation WRC cars and stages then that's just pathetic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
As far as we know they're only blocking cars from around 2010 and up. The way Paul described the stage situation was that they don't *technically* have a license on the stages, but they don't like that other devs are modeling them. The Dirt team already had to adjust Colin's Crest in Sweden to make it slightly different from the real thing, so going after real stages for another game would be risky, and now that they have Your Stage, it's not even worth the trouble.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BadD0g said:
I may be in the minority here, but the possibility of having an R2 Fiesta to drive in Dirt 4 is more exciting to me than 2017 WRC cars. :p

Maybe that's personal bias because Fiestas are pretty common here in Rally America, but as others have said, I'm perfectly happy sacrificing the latest and greatest cars if we're going to have a whole roster of cars from almost every other facet of the sport modeled properly to play with.
You are not alone. It is the car I am most excited about, by far. Then again I own a Fiesta ST so I might be biased hah

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
enamel said:
BadD0g said:
I may be in the minority here, but the possibility of having an R2 Fiesta to drive in Dirt 4 is more exciting to me than 2017 WRC cars. :p

Maybe that's personal bias because Fiestas are pretty common here in Rally America, but as others have said, I'm perfectly happy sacrificing the latest and greatest cars if we're going to have a whole roster of cars from almost every other facet of the sport modeled properly to play with.
You are not alone. It is the car I am most excited about, by far. Then again I own a Fiesta ST so I might be biased hah
Yes, I like this too @BadD0g hope someone will make a Dillon Van Way and Chris Duplisis livery and many more from over here.  I am a little sad that the vt12 Subaru is gone and a N4 2015 models is there (no chance of getting the current vt16 cars, since Horizon has them now).  Oh well... could follow Crazy Leo's career or some other fantasy :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gfRally said:
enamel said:
BadD0g said:
I may be in the minority here, but the possibility of having an R2 Fiesta to drive in Dirt 4 is more exciting to me than 2017 WRC cars. :p

Maybe that's personal bias because Fiestas are pretty common here in Rally America, but as others have said, I'm perfectly happy sacrificing the latest and greatest cars if we're going to have a whole roster of cars from almost every other facet of the sport modeled properly to play with.
You are not alone. It is the car I am most excited about, by far. Then again I own a Fiesta ST so I might be biased hah
Yes, I like this too @BadD0g hope someone will make a Dillon Van Way and Chris Duplisis livery and many more from over here.  I am a little sad that the vt12 Subaru is gone and a N4 2015 models is there (no chance of getting the current vt16 cars, since Horizon has them now).  Oh well... could follow Crazy Leo's career or some other fantasy :)
Not to get too off-topic, but the NewBaru can look good with the right colors. Hopefully someone at Codemasters will have been able to make this happen: 



If not, I'm sure the modders will get right on it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
enamel said:
BadD0g said:
I may be in the minority here, but the possibility of having an R2 Fiesta to drive in Dirt 4 is more exciting to me than 2017 WRC cars. :p

Maybe that's personal bias because Fiestas are pretty common here in Rally America, but as others have said, I'm perfectly happy sacrificing the latest and greatest cars if we're going to have a whole roster of cars from almost every other facet of the sport modeled properly to play with.
You are not alone. It is the car I am most excited about, by far. Then again I own a Fiesta ST so I might be biased hah
I'm in the same boat and I'm probably a bit biased too as I own a Fiesta ST2 as well and have sat in the co driver seat of the rally version last year during one lap of the shakedown of the Ypres Rally thanks to a friend of mine. Next step is to drive it in D4 and hopefully one day for real.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I would love Mitsubishi evo 6/7/8/9/10 on DiRT 4, or a the rally Ford Escort of my uncle ahah 
http://imgur.com/a/MkG0L

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mintz420 said:
I would love Mitsubishi evo 6/7/8/9/10 on DiRT 4, or a the rally Ford Escort of my uncle ahah 
http://imgur.com/a/MkG0L

Evo VI and X are confirmed for DiRT 4, right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
See this thread for all cars that have been confirmed, with sources:
http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/48873/dirt-4-confirmed-car-list/p1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×