Jump to content Jump to content

Hi all.

OK so I'm in career mode, season 9. I'm currently first in the championship in the Utes and we come to Mount Panorama.

Sixth gear hits the rev limiter too early and everyone passes me on the back straight. I go to tuning to tweak the gears and find that all tuning sliders are greyed out.

Why is this?!

Some teams don't have tuning options available. If you look before picking a team to race, you'll see something along the lines of "tuning level." It could say none, low, medium, or high, and the different levels give you different degrees of tuneability.

Thanks for the replies. Hmmmm a race team with a budget that doesn't allow it to change gear ratios. Hardly worth turning up at the circuit really. Kind of sums up my feelings I guess.

Raced tourers in the previous season in A class. The AI was so aggressive and incompetent it made it impossible to complete a lap without being shunted off by their concrete cars.

Struggling to get any enjoyment out of this if I'm honest. Too frustrating.

Being forced to grind an uncompetitive car around 9 laps of Bathurst TWICE is not a good thing. It's a very bad thing. It's frustrating and in no way will make me appreciate the better cars which I'd no doubt he driving in three months time if I hadn't already declared this debacle a complete waste of my free time. The first season in C class was the best fun. It's gone terribly grindy and pear shaped since.