Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

We need to talk about FFB.

JZStudios said:
KevM said:
It could be something to do with lower harder suspension & less travel transmitting through steering?  I don't know.  I get enough feeling to do as I need to on tar, so can't complain really  

@JZStudios still undecided on the wheel stand.  It's just different at the minute & I haven't got used to a different driving position or sitting in front of a big TV yet.  I was previously on a desk with a monitor.  I actually had it lifting off the ground on a few stages last night which I don't like, but I think that was more the way I had it adjusted & positioned at that point
Hmm, I don't have that problem. But mine does start to slide on the carpet under the desk. If you've got it lifting you must be cranking the hell out of it... your feet should keep it planted.

@TuliRally That would probably be the best, but there's literally over 20 wheels out there that CM would have to buy, then pay for the driver to test each one until it felt right. Expenses yo. Not to mention not every wheel of the same type has the same FFB curve.
It is sadly true, expenses would be thru the roof. One solution might be is that they could do it for wheels they already have, then release a blog post about how should real wheel behaviour feel and give some general tips for what to look for.

We have also great community here and we can probably ask kindly some guidance (or even setup/settings for the wheel type) from our ever growing number of IRL rally drivers etc. 

TuliRally said:
Hey! What do you guys think about something i've had propose also in the Dirty gossip topic. 
Would you like to see the Devs to provide "Realistic" setup & settigs guide line / preset to each of the supported wheel model. This would / could have been created by using a IRL rally driver (which we have also in this community) and his feedback to get each wheel model to give as most realistic FFB behaviour and feeling that can be produced by that wheel. 

No more guessing for people like me that have never driven a rally car, how it should feel.

Some people like their wheel to give some FFB forces that don't really come through the wheel IRL, but in this suggestion, those should be kept at minimun and be a starting point that gives realistic and natural wheel FFB behaviour only. 
These presets and guide lines, could be provided after the game, via forum/blog or similar.
Edit: Would also like to point out that, this should include in-game FFB settings and Profiler/ or similar wheel based settings.

What do you guys think?

thing with your suggestion is everyone is different . so whos opinion is right ? or set up right. you could have a rally driver come in do set ups till we have a blue moon doesnt mean its correct just means its correct for him !

you only have to look at different rally drivers set ups and how they drive. its a very tricky subject matter to get right we would all love the perfect set up but is their such a thing ? a decent base is what we need and for gravel we have that already. tarmac is what needs the big shake up and they have worked hard apparantly adjusting that.cant wait to see it in dirt 4.at the end of the day its the person driving adjusting a base set up to what suits them.no one driver is the same.

the worst thing possible is saying this persons set up is perfect for [add wheel name ] when its not.

with how good wales and gravel is on DiRT rally it does scare me sometimes when i think it could be changed for the worse by feedback which maybe incorrect.especially when its took best part of twenty years to get here :D

dgeesi0 said:
TuliRally said:
Hey! What do you guys think about something i've had propose also in the Dirty gossip topic. 
Would you like to see the Devs to provide "Realistic" setup & settigs guide line / preset to each of the supported wheel model. This would / could have been created by using a IRL rally driver (which we have also in this community) and his feedback to get each wheel model to give as most realistic FFB behaviour and feeling that can be produced by that wheel. 

No more guessing for people like me that have never driven a rally car, how it should feel.

Some people like their wheel to give some FFB forces that don't really come through the wheel IRL, but in this suggestion, those should be kept at minimun and be a starting point that gives realistic and natural wheel FFB behaviour only. 
These presets and guide lines, could be provided after the game, via forum/blog or similar.
Edit: Would also like to point out that, this should include in-game FFB settings and Profiler/ or similar wheel based settings.

What do you guys think?

thing with your suggestion is everyone is different . so whos opinion is right ? or set up right. you could have a rally driver come in do set ups till we have a blue moon doesnt mean its correct just means its correct for him !

you only have to look at different rally drivers set ups and how they drive. its a very tricky subject matter to get right we would all love the perfect set up but is their such a thing ? a decent base is what we need and for gravel we have that already. tarmac is what needs the big shake up and they have worked hard apparantly adjusting that.cant wait to see it in dirt 4.at the end of the day its the person driving adjusting a base set up to what suits them.no one driver is the same.

the worst thing possible is saying this persons set up is perfect for [add wheel name ] when its not.

with how good wales and gravel is on DiRT rally it does scare me sometimes when i think it could be changed for the worse by feedback which maybe incorrect.especially when its took best part of twenty years to get here :D
Paul did hint in an interview that it's hard for them to match the best of the "tarmac only" - sims out there as they have to work on multiple surfaces, which is understandable.

I'll take great gravel feel over tarmac feel seven days a week even if it would be nice to have both :)