Sign in to follow this  

Dirt 2

Hey all im was just wondering how come codemasters never ever fixed the line glitch in Dirt 2 i mean dirt 2 is a great rally game but when it comes to the lap races u get cheats that does the line glitch where they drive upto start line and just as car goes over the line they hit reset and it puts the forward a lap which ruins the game and dirt 2 has been out for so long now and they never fixed this??

What line glitch? I completed the game for around 7 times (PC) and never noticed such a bug. What version do you have? Console? PC?

We used to call it the "Start Line cheat" on the PS3 where you nudge over the start line at the start, then back up and press a button or a combination of buttons ( I can't remember) then you win! There was a guy or two that would do it to almost every race, I basically quit the open lobby races but before that cheat was found it was a very fun game to play online.

im on the 360 and its a pain when they do this all the time...ive been playing ever since it come out and they have never ever fixed this at all and neither will codemaster answer as to why this was never fixed.i am pretty sure there still liable as this was never fixed im gonna dig deeper into this even though the game is old now but people still love playing this and cant because of the cheats

LOL okay, I played Dirt 2 rarely online. I think that is the most boring cheating I ever heard about.

Ever since Codemasters doesn't sell Dirt 2 anymore due to licensing, I don't think they will fix that anymore. They removed it already from digital stores - on PC at least.

yes is I see that but the problem has been there since day 1 of the game and they were told loads of times about it but they chose to do nothing about it and left it but were kind enough to take everyones money lol

Sure, the only thing people can do is stop buying. For a company this stuff will most likely be something be about cost/benefit. Maybe the problem wasn't easy to fix. But this stuff always happens with all companies.

I don't think a company has any liability to fix bugs in games. I know of many games with much worse bugs that never got patched. 

Sometimes companies even do the exact opposite with bugs. A perfect example was Tribes and ski jumping, the physics were so broken that you could fly across the map at ridiculous speeds, but instead of fixing this they made it a feature and now every tribes game since has included it. Tribes 2 had probably a dozen bugs that you could exploit in multiplayer. Most of them were never fixed. I remember me and a friend completely dominating a server just by using a few of these bugs. It was pretty funny because the game was so broken but it sort of became part of the game. Multiplayer sort of became about who could exploit the bugs the most, They had bugs that let you shoot through walls, reload instantly and heaps of other stuff..

The fact of the matter is that Dirt 2 is way to old for them to do anything about it now. As the other said they don't even sell it any more. It is like me wanting them to fix the bugs in Tribes 2.

I am surprised anyone is still playing Dirt 2 let alone cheating in it. Surely they would have something better to do.

Dirt 3 has a bug which crashes the game with motion simulators, it was an introduced bug that has been broken since version 1.2. So if anything that is the type of bug they should fix because the game no longer does what it could when I brought it. But they are not going to fix it. So yeah, games have bugs, it is just a fact of gaming.