Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2017 Weber BBQ Australian Grand Prix

So Hamilton is P1, but his Q2 time was set on used tyres, so that's going to hurt him in the race. Nice to see the Ferrari pretty close though. 

Nah according to James Allen, the comms bloke at Mercedes said he did his Q2 time on fresh rubber. Timing screens were wrong.

Hughesy said:
Aren't you Irish normally passed out drunk in a puddle of wee by now  :p
Whitey, buddy. Not wee. I've the bladder of three camels.

Surprising lack of pace from Red Bull. Yeah, the power unit isn't up there, but the car didn't look as planted as you would expect from them. Shame about Ricciardo. Giovanazzi properly quick. Stroll the next Maldonado? Bottas the next Kovalainen? We'll see.

Here's hoping for another monster start from Seb and at least some excitement until the Ferrari strategist screws up again.

Well he is Australian.... :trollface:

So happy F1 is back, even if there's not a lot of overtaking. 

I expected more carnage and chaos in this race tbh, but it also seems like Mercedes has a fight that is not internal for a change on their hands, so I'll take what I can get.

Well done Vettel, seems those getting their knickers in a Twist over Hamilton saying Ferrari were favourites are feeling silly now. Completely backs up why teams never admit they are the fastest. 

Yea that's ridiculous, only takes one nutter to jump in front of a car. 

What a boring race. Congratz to Vettel and Ferrari, I hope our Seb is still able to breath on his own.

Ow yeah, Kimi is useless. Please give a more promising guy a chance next season.

Bit like you the other day then  :p

Nothing like 5 cups of coffee to make you feel wired, if it wasn't for the rest of my body I could probably run marathon. 

The Honda engine didn't blow up,  still extremely slow though. 

Rather surprising with the new regulations that Red Bull are so slow, Adrian has lost his magic.