Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

30 minute repair time in garage

Im new to rally racing so please bear with me. After two stages you are given the option to perform repairs.  You are alloted 30 minutes.  If I only have 20 minutes worth of repairs what happens to the extra 10 minutes? Does it get minus from my overall stage time?

thanks

Nothing happens if you stay under the 30 minutes. If you go over, you get a time penalty, it shows you how much in red.

In real rally, the time limits are enforced to keep things on schedule. Unlike circuit racing, there's a lot of logistics in rally - the cars need to drive on road sections to get from one stage to the next and to get to the service area, and the cars start one at a time in a specific order. If a service crew decides they need to work on the car for longer than the allotted time, they can; they will be hit with significant time penalties though.

Just to add to this - don't force repairing your exhaust if you are under 40-55% and can't get it over 80%. It will fall off - especially in Finland. 

Yep, in a real rally, you come into the service area and clock in, then you have a set time in which to clock out again, which in this case is 30 minutes. Leaving the area before or after this 30 minute period will give you a time penalty. So if you finish fixing your car in the game before 30 minutes, and time you have spare doesn't matter. Just time when you're virtual driver goes to the toilet or has a sausage roll or something

Well, if you give 1 click on the damage bar they repkace your windows, repaif all bent panels, place new spoilers, place new light units and all that in 20 seconds. So who needs 30 minutes...