Sign in to follow this  

Compatibility of steering wheels on next gen (PS4, ONE)

Hello i've got a questions for codemasters.

what is it about the compatibility of the steering wheels (G27, fanatec, T500 RS...) on the consoles new generations? (PS4, ONE)

I would want to invest in a good steering wheel but having no certainty on compatibility of steering wheels for the new generations of consoles I would not want to invest for nothing and I think that those who have already invested in this kinde of material would want to be also reassured.

Think you.

Not sure if asking bout f1 game or consoles but if it the consoles your asking about then at the moment none are comp with the new consoles. xbox1 there is no chance imo of this changing as microsoft only look at £ and not what the customer wants. Sony said they will leave it up to the game devs to decide if the wheels work with that game (ie f1 2015) they may work but again in my opinion this is wishfull thinking on all us wheel owners as project cars due to be released in few weeks does not support ANY old wheels and has only gone with the cheap ass looking new thrustmasters wheels (next gen wheels) Drive club is the same also so I dont see what other games are going to come out that programs each old wheel to work with there games.  

PC will be fine. 

XBox as above - Microsoft got their own agenda which is always lead by greed. 

Sony, big issue is whether Logitech make drivers available or not. Logitech seem to be washing their hands of us at the mo.

i have a thrustmaster t500rs and this will be compatibel with Project cars and the most ps4 games since Sony has Thrustmaster as sponsor for Wheels :) so buy a thrustmaster and you will be quite sure about that that the wheel runs on ps4

http://mobile.thrustmaster.com/fr_FR/produits/t300rs?destination=1016/

I will take this one

Smash said:

http://mobile.thrustmaster.com/fr_FR/produits/t300rs?destination=1016/

I will take this one

"Really" nice - but way too expensive for most.

Please put us out of our misery Logitech.

whilst we are on this subject i would just like to ask codemasters this, my thrustmaster ferrari f1 wheel is not an official recognised wheel with the ps4 but thrustmasters say that its up to the game developer to allow its use on ps4 games, whilst the device wont show up in the ps4 menus it will still be recognised if the developer allows it to be used in there game. please make this one of the official wheels for the ps4 2015 game, i beg you! i know its an old wheel (2011) but its the only commercial f1 wheel for gaming i can find and it works great on old console and pc.

This is a very good question! Hatta please reply!

A large number of players will buy F1 2014 edition but also slowly thinking about F1 2015 PS4 and must decide what to buy, or whether the steering wheel is currently owned will be supported

WoytasPL said:

This is a very good question! Hatta please reply!

A large number of players will buy F1 2014 edition but also slowly thinking about F1 2015 PS4 and must decide what to buy, or whether the steering wheel is currently owned will be supported

My guess is that Codemasters will support every mainstream wheel that has PS4 drivers, but they can't say anything until they become available. If Logitech suddenly produce drivers for PS4 for DF, DFGT, G25, G27 then CM will support them and if not then they can't. 

I believe that Hatta won't have the answer as CM are probably asking the same questions as us to Sony and the manufacturers. Some clarity would be nice though Hatta.

I'm in a bit of a pickle here as I've just bought a very nice Logitech G27 and I play on PS3. I wish to buy an XBOX One when Halo: TMCC comes out. I also wish to buy Codies next-gen F1 title when it comes out, but I really like my wheel and see no need to get a different one any time soon. So my point is: LET ME USE MY G27 ON XBOX ONE.

I'm in a bit of a pickle here as I've just bought a very nice Logitech G27 and I play on PS3. I wish to buy an XBOX One when Halo: TMCC comes out. I also wish to buy Codies next-gen F1 title when it comes out, but I really like my wheel and see no need to get a different one any time soon. So my point is: LET ME USE MY G27 ON XBOX ONE.

Pretty sure even the 360 didn't support logitech wheel s so your probably out of luck on the XBONE

Logitech won't produce drivers as they aren't making wheels or console peripherals anymore, and  apparently  the PS4 doesn't have the security chip needed for Logitech wheels like on ps3 according to a tweet from Logitech themselves.

Hughesy said:

Logitech won't produce drivers as they aren't making wheels or console peripherals anymore, and  apparently  the PS4 doesn't have the security chip needed for Logitech wheels like on ps3 according to a tweet from Logitech themselves.

If we weren't such a minority with our little geeky plastic wheels which cost us a ton of money, this would be a major scandal. It's appalling really - between Sony, Microsoft and Logitech they are treating us like dirt.

Hughesy said:

If we weren't such a minority with our little geeky plastic wheels which cost us a ton of money, this would be a major scandal. It's appalling really - between Sony, Microsoft and Logitech they are treating us like dirt.

Yup it's horrible, that's why a lot of people have turned to PC for racing as you don't have any bull crap on why a certain wheel doesn't work on a certain console... I have a T500rs but mainly use it on my PC anyway. 

I may have to follow suit at some point. Oh well, always did fancy triple screen - not sure the missus does though  B)

Thrustmaster T300RS First Look by Inside Sim Raci… : http://youtu.be/ftqrK8OaBPs

From website thrustmaster 

http://ts.thrustmaster.com/eng/index.php?pg=view_files&gid=3&fid=15&pid=317&cid=12

"PlayStation®4 – List of Force Feedback games

Your racing wheel is Force Feedback-capable on PlayStation®4 (*) with:

- DRIVECLUB™ - PS4

- F1 2015 – PS4

- PROJECT CARS - PS4

- THE CREW™ - PS4

- Many other games coming very soon

T500 RS: PlayStation®4 compatibility(*)

(*)This decision is upon each game developer and will therefore vary from racing game to racing game.

In the event of upward compatibility with PS4™ racing games, the T500 RS racing wheel will only be recognized in the game, and not in the console’s menus. Please note that the “SHARE” and “PS” functions will not work on the wheel in PS4™ racing games. Nevertheless you can still use your gamepad for these 2 specific function "

Smash said:

Hello i've got a questions for codemasters.

what is it about the compatibility of the steering wheels (G27, fanatec, T500 RS...) on the consoles new generations? (PS4, ONE)

I would want to invest in a good steering wheel but having no certainty on compatibility of steering wheels for the new generations of consoles I would not want to invest for nothing and I think that those who have already invested in this kinde of material would want to be also reassured.

Think you.

I certainly hope the T500rs & the Thrustmaster F1 wheel will be "FULLY" compatible with any new driving game on PS4 or any console/PC for that matter!  I invested just over $2k (AUD$) in a driving seat, T500rs & F1 wheel, just to play F1 on PS3.  would hate to think I wont be able to use that same awesome wheel on PS4 F1 2015!

Im not 100% sure but I think thrustmaster wheels work on both. Im sure it would tell you on their website if it is ps4 compatible as its been out a year now. I think the whole leaving it up to the devs to decide went out the window a long time ago as there are to many new wheels out or coming out for that to make sense! Soz to say it but if the wheels ppl own now are not compatible with the new consoles then asking codies to make it happen with there game is pointless imo as its not up to them to decide what wheels works on the consoles!