Jump to content Jump to content

It is lightweighted so it tends to drift or get out of control if not manage with care, especially when accelerate and steer in turns, even with the TC On.

I feel it more realistic than in Grid 2; there are other cars in AS that are a pleasure to drive and are not so easy, the Alfa 4C is an example too. The Catherham is not one of my favourites but beacuse of the style and my skills, not by the way it is handled in the game, wich i think is good, not easy.

By the way this week the two challenge with the Catherham was like a fight against IA more than a race XD, and this complicates a lot the manage but i feel much more real in handling than any other past game, i drove one similar car years ago in a circuit and is very, very difficult to drive even used to managed Karts....at least not for an aficionado like me XD.

Salute.
If you think the Caterham is difficult, try driving the T1. That car drives like it's on ice.

I feel like the key to really mastering this car, or any car for that matter, is throttle control. In most cases, I don't go full throttle until the car is going straight. It helps, but I still feel a bit slower compared to wheel drivers. 

After the party challenge I kind of fell in love with the car. It is way easier to handle with the right setup. For the formula challenge I levelled the car to 15 (after it went down again due to buying a random car) and bought the most basic setups. Set the car up for stability, not for cornering. I think I set suspension hard, brake bias front and Diff locked (+-100, as I couldn't finetune it). I could floor it  in more corners and the back wasn't so loose anymore.

I haven't had a single problem with driving the Caterham. in fact, I remember telling my friends how much grip and downforce it has, it's one of only a few cars I've been able to feel confident slinging around a corner, albeit with some throttle awareness.

I think it's one of the easiest cars in the game to drive. Of course it's not like Grid 2 where you could just whang it in full throttle, but it still very much 'feels' near-enough the same - much like other cars from grid 2 like the audi R8, which I've commented drives 'exactly the same' as its grid 2 counterpart.

I haven't had a single problem with driving the Caterham. in fact, I remember telling my friends how much grip and downforce it has, it's one of only a few cars I've been able to feel confident slinging around a corner, albeit with some throttle awareness.

I think it's one of the easiest cars in the game to drive. Of course it's not like Grid 2 where you could just whang it in full throttle, but it still very much 'feels' near-enough the same - much like other cars from grid 2 like the audi R8, which I've commented drives 'exactly the same' as its grid 2 counterpart.

This kind of cars, like the Ariel Atom, should be more glued to the road, more in rails, is not that kind of drive where someone can rectified before a turn, once you put the sterr in the way the cars is going to run straight, no medium correct or little drift, if the path was bad choosen is surely crash, if not, everithing should goes fine.

The difference in Grid 2 i think is because all the cars were so drift-festival that cars like Atom feels completly different because it were better balanced that the rest.

Now in AS the physics are so good an far, far improvement that the feels are different, the car is not so generous but has way more "room", more realistic and less "black or white", it tends to react much more different depends of the amount of gas, steer position, etc..in other words: it works very close to the real type of car, Open Wheel, wich is by far IMHO the more funny categorie rescued from past series, and a pleasure with a wheel.

Salute.

TUSMBOX said:
If you think the Caterham is difficult, try driving the T1. That car drives like it's on ice.

I feel like the key to really mastering this car, or any car for that matter, is throttle control. In most cases, I don't go full throttle until the car is going straight. It helps, but I still feel a bit slower compared to wheel drivers. 

Funny thing about that is out of all cars in the game it boasts the highest downforce levels of any of the cars (including the other open wheelers...). It really should handle on rails not ice...

But yeah the Cat 300.R feels horrid. Really have to tweak the tuning on it to get it to feel more drivable. TBH there needs to be a little more grip for all rear wheel cars.