Sign in to follow this  

Class C Touring Cars .......... which is the best?

If you can drive the Cruze then its the fastest car but BMW is the easiest car to drive.

The general consensus is that the 320 is fast in a straight line and accelerates quicker while the Cruze has lower top speed and acceleration, but flies through the corners. In the Cruze you have to be careful how you enter a corner, in the 320, how you exit one. From here on out it's a matter of preferences.

In the right hands, I guess the 320 is the fastest car (RWD and all), but if you ask me, I clocked all my fastest lap times in with the Cruze. I prefer the "high downforce" feel it has and overall, for Races at least, I believe it's the better car as it allows you to be more consistent than the BMW.

Haven't tried the Focus yet, to be honest, but my first purchased car was the Civic. Raced it to level 80-something and it's definitely slower than both the 320 and the Cruze.

If you don't aim for the last tenths of a perfect lap it really doesn't matter. When I tested all four, I was within half a second with all of them. Driving a BMW online, though, is kind of ridiculous. As they are RWD, I am always amused how people in front of me struggle with that car, drifting through corners and I can catch them in an instant. If you get hit by someone, it's way harder to react with the BMW, while in a FWD you just floor it to compensate oversteer. So especially for novices I can't recommend the BMW. But as it is probably the most popular brand amongst these four, that's why everyone uses it. :D 

At the moment I use the Cruze. Has a good feeling, easy to control, feels 'light'. The Civic on the other hand kind of feels slow as it is more stable through corners than the Cruze, but it really isn't (slower).

So in online racing I say drive what suits your taste. That'll give you better results than driving a car that might be faster on paper but you can't use it.

I find the Cruze much easier to drive than the 320. Not saying the Cruze is faster, just easier to drive.

I've had a Focus upgraded and tuned and was able to run faster in a Loaner Cruze on a challenge constantly. But I think it really comes down to what works best for you. 

Tony031R said:

The general consensus is that the 320 is fast in a straight line and accelerates quicker while the Cruze has lower top speed and acceleration, but flies through the corners. In the Cruze you have to be careful how you enter a corner, in the 320, how you exit one. From here on out it's a matter of preferences.

In the right hands, I guess the 320 is the fastest car (RWD and all), but if you ask me, I clocked all my fastest lap times in with the Cruze. I prefer the "high downforce" feel it has and overall, for Races at least, I believe it's the better car as it allows you to be more consistent than the BMW.

Haven't tried the Focus yet, to be honest, but my first purchased car was the Civic. Raced it to level 80-something and it's definitely slower than both the 320 and the Cruze.

Actually, the BMW is slower in top speed than the Cruze. It just has much higher acceleration than the Cruze does and, because it's rear-wheel drive, isn't prone to understeering around most corners.

I suppose it differs on track to track - Okutama Sprint Circuit, for example, the BMW will trash the Cruze. But, on tracks where traction is more important the Cruze will win because of its stability whereas the BMW can lose the back end quite easily, especially on slow corners. My personal feel is that in the long-run it's a matter of taste between these two. I go for the BMW because I find it easier to maintain traction using a pad (I'm terrible with FWD cars, I usually apply too much throttle with them), and it's also quicker off the line which means you can usually put a sufficient gap between yourself and the wreckers for the first corner.

GJ77 said:

I find the Cruze much easier to drive than the 320. Not saying the Cruze is faster, just easier to drive.

Yes, this. I find this true with a few different classes. I feel a bit faster in the BMW, but I think I can push a bit harder in the Cruze, so it's kind of a toss up for me.

I love racing the Cruze but the BMW is fast too the both have there ups and downs so they even out. it really depends on what driving style you have

The Cruze for me. The BMW is a bit too "playful" for my taste and the Civic + Focus feel too understeery and slow.

Actually, the BMW is slower in top speed than the Cruze. It just has much higher acceleration than the Cruze does and, because it's rear-wheel drive, isn't prone to understeering around most corners.

I actually had to double check that, but you're right. I think I got fooled by the tuning setups as I usually run shorter gears on the Cruze to compensate for the lack in acceleration.

Photonik said:

The Civic on the other hand kind of feels slow as it is more stable through corners than the Cruze, but it really isn't (slower).

I absolutely love the balance on that Civic, to be honest, and most times I found it more "pleasant" to drive than the Cruze. My problem with it is that I never managed to get the setups quite right. It's pretty much a game of compensation as for me it always feels like it has too much grip on the corner exits.

BMW all the way. If you take the age old slow in fast out saying, the BMW is better. The loan vehicle I used online was easy to drive for me. Just remember, its a race car, treat it like 1. Don't try to drive it like a street car

Id like to point out, the acceleration stat shown for the cars,   is their acceleration from 0 mph.   Through the gears acceleration isnt shown.   

e.g.  Subaru STI v Civic      

The Focus has some impressive brakes,  But its slightly heaver than the Cruze and slightly more powerful,  

The Cruze however seems to be the better car IMO. 

Civic is too heavy, and the BMW is decent enough, but little taps may send you drifting. 

I think Power to Weight ratio should be considered when choosing your weapon vehicle. 

:smile: 

I've noticed, the BMW runs better than the cruze around street circuits whereas the cruze is better at anything else. The focus has got a really smooth feel and is much nicer to drive. The civic is just.... We'll, no match I'm my opinion. 

Not a fan of the Focus TC personally. It gets the job done, I win (career) races with it, but it always feels sluggish and the front wheels really struggle to get traction (even compared to other FWD cars).

I think CM should maybe tweak the civic.   It needs a bit of weight reduction.  I think its a shame, as its just one of those cars, that wont get used very much.  Im not a big Honda fan, but I still think it should at least be competitive,  the weight kills it for me.