Sign in to follow this  

being taken out constantly online due to lack of visibility... Loore please help!

@RTAnoskills‌ 

Wow, that is low! You send someone into the wall because of that?! What exactly did he do? Due to that pileup in front you weren't exactly fast in that section, so no wonder he could close in that fast and tried what obviously didn't went that well. And then, what exactly happend to you? Nothing! He hit you a little, nothing more. You can clearly see that he hit the brakes hard and turned in before he hit you, so I wouldn't see that as deliberatly using you as wall. If you weren't there, he would not have been fast round the corner, but he would've gotten it easily. You didn't end up in the wall, that actually didn't affect your line to any relevance, so a total overreaction. That's probably the worst example you can give. For that I would try to t-bone you in the next corner aswell... and would probably have failed aswell, as I don't have any routine in that.

TUSMBOX said:

Who is trying to justify it as a realistic experience? We're not driving a real car, it's all polygons, bro. The driving physics are not real, like, at all. Also, I'm playing with a pad, so, again, not real, like......at all. But, you can go on ahead on your high horse, thinking you're better than everyone else with your childish insults. The rest of us will play the game how it was intended to be played, which is however the hell we want. 

Alright.. I figured I would ruffle some feathers, but lets just Agree to Disagree. As for me yes, I use a wheel. I when from spending $3000-$5500 per year on racing my Focus all over the southeastern US. So to me this is a much cheaper option now that I have kids. I like the physics, yeah they're not perfect, but it works. Sure its a game, but for me its the only racing I can afford. And that is ultimately where the problems exist. There are people out there that treat this just as a game and could care less if they wreck someone or just like to create havoc in general. When you own your own car you tend to try to take care of it. You think twice before you enter a corner inside of someone you give a little more space because You are the one paying for the repairs. But hey its just a game.. drive someone into the wall and turn off the Console.. there will be more people to piss off tomorrow. As for me, I'll continue to drive Cockpit view and if you feel the need to drive into me and wreck me.. well then so be it. That is the risk we all take as drivers. At least I know I'll walk away from the game.  :)

Who needs mirrors? If someone is aiming to take you out it will happen, just hit flashback straight away. As for close racing, the arrow is there to tell you which side they are, plus use your ears...

trouble is, in my experience of this game not many people behave like that.  Mostly the attitude is "the line is mine, out of my way..."  Combine that with the restricted view you get from dashboard cam and the result is frequent carnage.  Maybe a sim like assetto corsa has a more sensible userbase who drive better?!

Totally agree,      I've said that a few times in the past, concerning Grid 2.  I dont put up with the "outta my way" attitude.  Walls and kick votes, help with these people. 

Its not the game, its definately the players. Forza 4 doesnt have the same quality of noob. Stick around, most of them will go back to Grid 2, or Mario Kart  

The only way to deal with these crappy players is to nail them back.  You have to show them, they cant treat you like your an A.I.    Smash Nathan McKain all you want, but dont do it to me,  lol. 

If I take the trouble to race clean, and avoid contact with someone, I expect it back.  

There are good, clean and fair racers out there.  (speaking from experience on Xbox 360 )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ld2XhW7d4b8

That Audi at about 1:30, he just went down the inside, yes it's not cool to do that but you didn't exactly make the apex and he didn't hit you hard and left room on exit. If you ran me into the barrier like that I'd be super devo, man. There are far worse people online.

Photonik said:

@RTAnoskills‌ 

If you weren't there, he would not have been fast round the corner

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Exactly.... So why was it OK for him to use RTA to get round the corner faster?  He shouldn't have been on the inside like that (you clearly see his arrow move over to the inside), where did he think he was going to go? On a faster corner a move like that could wreck someone's race.

check the video again.   approaching a 90 degree left hand turn. He moves to the inside, he actually pushes me away from the apex.  There was no overtake to make there.  He deliberately hits me to get himself around that turn.  

If anyone does that to me they will get nailed.  That is not clean racing.  It was not rubbing either. 

Wow, micky13 dared to touch RTA! That's really a valid reason to put him into a barrier.

Judging by the movie, RTA is a rammer here, not the other one. Guys like him are one of the reasons online is full of angry, looking for revenge people and races become constant carnage.

Online isn't full of angry people out for revenge.  Most of the time the racing is good.  There are just a few idiots out there,  who can't race, 
If the cap fits........................flowaanglez 

Reading your comment flowangelz, you call me the rammer?   Im nothing but clean with him, and make a clean pass eventually when he messed up a corner. 

He barged down the inside of me, when there was no room for him.  He wasnt bothered by this as he just kept going.  If he used his brakes, it was to time his hit on me,  and not to slow for the corner.  If I had been in a Merc, id have been spinning. 
Complete bullshit racing.   

If your experience of online racing is " full of angry, looking for revenge people and races become constant carnage." 
Dont do moves like the noob does to me in the video.  

If you learnt to race properly,  undertand when you can and cant make an overtake safely,  then maybe your online experience would be better.  

Did I do that to the noob, on the previous lap?  I could have probably got past 3 or 4 of them on that turn, if I had done a micky overtake.
If people dont show some respect and aviod contact where possible, I show them the same respect they showed me.  

It was a blatent "perez" move from Monaco GP,  Only I didnt move out of his way.  

Wow, micky13 dared to touch RTA! That's really a valid reason to put him into a barrier.

Judging by the movie, RTA is a rammer here, not the other one. Guys like him are one of the reasons online is full of angry, looking for revenge people and races become constant carnage.

Agree with you here.

Micky shouldn't have gone for that position but in my eyes he cut back across on the inside to avoid the silver merc that looked like it had flashbacked and rejoined the track.  Micky13 certainly wasn't overly agressive when he cut the corner and did give room on the exit too.  I'd have been gutted as well if he'd put me in the wall like that.

888197 said:
 yes it's not cool to do that but you didn't exactly make the apex and he didn't hit you hard and left room on exit.

Im sorry, do you know what the apex is?  

1:36  -  APEX 

Just as I get hit Ive got my front left wheel running over a thin white line on the left side, on the apex,  then I have a car pushing down the side of me, pushing me OFF the apex. 

I've raced people who admitted they were racing in bonnet cam and a few times they turned into me on a corner because they couldn't see me. I was talking with them and I didn't rage and RTA-ram them (I'm calling it that >_>) but instead I just learned to give them more space and to communicate with them where I was (left side, right side, I backed out, etc.). In the end it didn't really change how I raced them because once I told them when I had a wheel alongside their car they'd immediately know where I was and where to give me room.

I'm not going to be an instigator, but yeah ... 

I think this topic kinda derailed into "dirty online racing" territory.

Thats not my intention,   

I was attempting to show an example of someone diving up the inside, and making contact with another car, through their own bad racing. 

In my video, there would not have been me slamming a car into the wall, if that car had raced properly, and fairly.  

He isnt side by side before the turn,  he's on the inside of me, at the very last second.  No decent clean racer would attempt or even think about overtaking on such a sharp turn.  

Id say its still on topic,   

maybe this noob, was using bonnet cam,  But that doesnt change anything.  He still hits me on my inside, while im APEXING the turn.  If he had a bit more racing awareness, and a little knowledge on how to race clean,  then he would not have used me, and would not have got binned into the wall. 

I can and do race clean,  BUT if someone cannot do it with me, then I dont even entertain passing clean.  

Next time this noob is going to be following me into a turn, ill make sure he's spinning as I pass him.  Wont be making the mistake of ovetaking him cleanly, so he can possibly hit me at the next turn.  Sorry but people only get ONE chance to race me clean. 

Its the thought that counts.  

I met guys like you RTA, who were going after me coz of little touch. I call you a noob rammer because in my book everybody who ramms ppl the way you did in the movie is one. Did you even think once, that your ramming not only affects that one car but also can spoil race for clean drivers behind?

And plz dont teach me how to race, coz looking at your "driving" you the one that needs some lessons.

ok @flowaangelz ,  Have you considered the possibility that what you call a "little touch" could have had severe effects on the car you hit? 

A "little touch" turning into any turn, is not helpful.  Maybe some of the cars you "Little Touch'd " went spinning off into the dirt, and saw you drive off into the sunset.   Maybe they didn't appreciate that. 

Using this video were talking about as an example.   Forget the smashing into the wall part. 

you say its me that needs lessons.   

Please point out to me,  where, from the start of the race untill I hit the guy into the wall,  I need lessons?  

From the start, I set off, get pushed off the track by someone......I ignore this, not alot of space, as its the start of the race. 

So after that, what is it that makes you think I need lessons? 

The only thing I need, is people to race me in a clean and fair manner.  Then surprise surprise, they get it back in return.  

@KazzyMac  Why should I tell him where I am? 

I dont need anyone telling me where they are.  Do you? 

I can see where the other cars are....I have a thumb stick that lets me look 360 degrees around my car. 

And people that drive with bonnet cam don't, and they require communication from people they're racing.

It's called sportsmanship, and respect. Letting people near you know exactly where you are, to ensure that there are no untoward collisions or moves.

It's not about until or after. It's about how your action is not adequate to his action. Yes, he was over optimistic and you were on the racing line, but he didn't put you into a barrier or gained position on you or damaged your car etc., did he?

I have to disagree with you there.    A good player doesn't need someone telling them where people are, regardless of their view.  All views allow use of the thumbstick to move the camera so you can see whats around you.  

Being aware of the cars and the situation around me, is sportsmanship and respect, as it means I don't make any untoward contact or moves on people.   Very Very rarely will I hit someone by accident.  Its usually because I don't see the car they are avoiding,  They always get a message, saying sorry.  I wont take the position either, if its a genuine accident. 

I nailed a guy the other day, who braked unexpectedly going into a turn.   It screwed my car, and his I believe.  I retired immediately, and sent them a msg, apologising, and explaining to them,  that it was a full speed turn.   They replied, apologising also,  saying they were new to the track, and the CM racing line assist, suggested to him, he may need to brake.  We laughed, there was no anger or ill feeling.  

I dont spend much time in the "game chat"  so telling people where I am just doesnt happen.  I dont need to be told where people are in relation to me.  

If they are any good, they don't need telling either. 

If you cant be aware in a certain view,  other views are available.  Your choice of view, should NOT be my problem. 

:smile: 

If someone hits me side to side in a corner, its my fault for leaving them room to get alongside at the Apex. If someone hits me hard from behind or tries to take me out on a straight, thats when I retaliate

I think the difference in the above video is the fellow that hit hit you RTA did so by mistake, dumb move but a mistake just the same. You however did what you did on purpose with the sole intent to wreck him. This makes your actions worse imho.

@Goresh,  Im not so sure he did it by mistake.  Having had previous experience with this player, it was deliberate.    He was also aware how I would react.  Yet he still tried it.  

@RobMUFC1987  There was no room on the inside.   

@Flowaangelz    You said I needed lessons, judging from what you've seen.  Yet I pass him cleanly, and he cant show me the same respect. 

The reason you cant find fault with my driving untill the "incident" is because there isnt any.  I dont ram anyone, I dont push past anyone,  I dont push anyone off the Apex.   I back off when there is 3 or 4 cars infront battling for position, as there is no room for my car.  

I make a clean pass, then the guy I passed cleanly, uses me to make his corner a bit easier.  If I hadn't been there for him to use, he would either have gotten a penalty or he would have hit the wall on the right as he tried to exit the turn. 

If I was the dirty rammer, would I not have just done it on the 1st lap?  I had numerous opportunity to take him out. So why didn't I?  I even have experience of him from Grid 2,  and I still don't take him out.    

If you would like to see me "ramming", check out my Mad Dad videos......but be sure to watch "the reason why" first. 

You should be able to see a slightly different attitude from me...than in the video in this thread.  

Just incase you cant see the difference,  the video in here, Im racing nice and clean, im not looking to hit anyone, just to race. 

In the other videos, my sole intention is to teach someone not to T-bone me.

I even have a video of a full CLEAN race......WOW!!!!!!!    It was in an online playlist, with some random people,  not just my friends. 

He got alongside you and hit you at the Apex. Plus like you said, you saw the arrow tell you which way he was going so you should have backed out or left him room. I treat everyone online as rammers so I always take corners wide with someone close behind me, so if they were trying to ram me or outbrake me into a sharp corner, they end up crashing and I have a damage free car

You are correct RTA, his intentions are unknown, but yours are admitted. Old adage, two wrongs do not make a right. If you are infact a clean racer, turn the cheek and keep racing, don't lower yourself to an others level.

RobMUFC1987 said:

He got alongside you and hit you at the Apex. Plus like you said, you saw the arrow tell you which way he was going so you should have backed out or left him room. I treat everyone online as rammers so I always take corners wide with someone close behind me, so if they were trying to ram me or outbrake me into a sharp corner, they end up crashing and I have a damage free car

Not a chance im going to back off for him, or anyone else in this situation.  Im the car infront of him,  we are not side by side going towards the turn, We are only side by side when he barged up the inside, moving me from the Apex.   

Its a 90 degree left turn.  Im as far right as I can be, due to some car having a moment,  this noob, swerves to the left and hits the car infront of him (ME!)