Sign in to follow this  

being taken out constantly online due to lack of visibility... Loore please help!

I saw some mention the other day about being able to pause to ghost your car so people will go through you, unpause and throw them in the wall. Well, this needs to be fixed because everyone is doing it now

Just watched it a couple of times. Mickey was braking as he entered the corner (you can see the flash of brakes just before contact occurs). He's trying to fit an Audi through a line sized hole though so that's his mistake. However he didn't cause too much fuss and wouldn't have passed down the next straight anyway. RTAnoskills losing two places to crunch him into a barrier was overreaction to that incident however you claim prior knowledge of his driving. TBH other than the failed attempt at an overtake which wasn't possible it wasn't a bad vid until you intentionally rammed him into a wall. Not surprised he tried the failed T-Bone.

I think the other problem is you come off very arrogant in your arguments for your position vs other peoples and it's very hard to have a clean discussion when others views and opinions are discarded purely because they aren't yours.

1. GJ77 said:

Watched the video. You hit the back of him twice before "cleanly" overtaking him. Then he hit you. Then you went batsh!t mental. You have serious issues mate.

No,  I make the slightest contact ONCE. not very hard, and I didn't try to gain any places from the contact.  he then wiggles trying to do a grid 2 tailwhip.  Then I overtake him cleanly. 

2. When the contact occurs, I'm not pushing him off an apex.  

*** sorry about these numbers. Phone had a moment.***

Just watched the vid (and some of your other stupid vids) and he was doing what anyone else would have done there. You came up on slow cars at the chicane and he was a good distance away. You and the cars in front were obviously slow and because he was far behind, he took the chicane at racing speed. You was in the middle of the track and watch how fast the arrow goes from faint to full while he avoids you under braking while trying to get the turn. If you paid attention, that contact wouldn't have happened, he would have made the corner and you can safely pass his slow car on the straight. He took avoiding action so as not to put you and the guys ahead into a pile up. If you paid attention to the mini-map or white arrow, you would have seen he was avoiding you and you still turned in on him. And as for the start where you're saying calm down, you touched him (accidently) because you was aware of his car and he didnt know you had your bumper alongside. Watch him swerve slightly to the left after the "love tap" when he was aware you was that close

Just watched the vid (and some of your other stupid vids) and he was doing what anyone else would have done there. You came up on slow cars at the chicane and he was a good distance away. You and the cars in front were obviously slow and because he was far behind, he took the chicane at racing speed. You was in the middle of the track and watch how fast the arrow goes from faint to full while he avoids you under braking while trying to get the turn. If you paid attention, that contact wouldn't have happened, he would have made the corner and you can safely pass his slow car on the straight. He took avoiding action so as not to put you and the guys ahead into a pile up. If you paid attention to the mini-map or white arrow, you would have seen he was avoiding you and you still turned in on him. And as for the start where you're saying calm down, you touched him (accidently) because you was aware of his car and he didnt know you had your bumper alongside. Watch him swerve slightly to the left after the "love tap" when he was aware you was that close

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To be fair the player that hit RTA was a serial offender on Grid 2 and as per your comments in the Grid clubs thread I think there's a lack of patience with him these days.... getting hit by the same people repeatedly and for no reason gets really tiresome.

you still turned in on him. And as for the start where you're saying calm down, you touched him (accidently) because you was aware of his car and he didnt know you had your bumper alongside. Watch him swerve slightly to the left after the "love tap" when he was aware you was that close

Im in front of him! I do not turn in on him,  Its MY corner.  Im INFRONT of him.   He throws his car up the inside of me.  He's a dick, and he's done it loads of times on  Grid 2.   

He doesnt swerve left........he wiggles left n right................What does that do???????    Not much in Autosport, but it was called a "tailwhip" in grid 2.  

I put the video on there to show people what will happen with this kind of crap is done to me.  

Dont do this crap, and I wont nail you into a wall.  

Contact like the "love tap" is acceptable, as it didnt alter his line, or affect him in anyway,  If he had hit me like that, I wouldnt have had a problem. 

But he USED my car, to improve his corner.  That is not happening,  Im not interested in opinions, racing clean, is racing clean,  Using cars in turns is dirty driving.  Dismissing the contact as "rubbing" is just going to get you binned.  PAY ATTENTION NASCAR FANS.  Touring cars are not NASCARS.

You improved his corner for him by not thinking that people behind will be going at race speed while you was being held up. The arrow moved to the left before you started turning. If he hadn't of done that move, he would have wrecked you and other cars. It wasn't "your corner" when there's like 4 or 5 cars trying to get round said corner with someone going race speed behind you. He took the safest option, I would have done the same...

I think I get it. NoSkills is quick, but he's not that quick, and when you couple that in with his "no chance taking, safe driver" behavior, he's a little on the slower side. He takes absolutely no risks and only passes if it's going to be perfectly clean without contact, and somehow expects the same from everyone else. So, when someone does make contact, whether it's accidental or on purpose (we never know because he goes on a rampage whenever he is hit), he sees it as aggression, and wants to completely annihilate them.

Are you on the PC TUSMBOX?  

If so,  whats the top time for the CAT A touring cars on SPA, and Indy GP in the time trial leaderboards? 

Who has the top time? 

This is probably the first and only time I'm going to say something.
RTAnoskills, I've had bits of light contact happen like what happened in your video in league/organized races before. Quite frankly, yes, he could have avoided you by falling back, sure. But then to promptly slam your opponent into the wall as 'revenge'? Revenge for a minor bump that, for all intents and purposes, did jack squat other than mar your paint job and stick a dent or two in the body work? 
This isn't about speed or skill, it's about attitudes. Even the best racers bang wheels every now and again; that's just a risk of closely packed racing. It's okay to take a little hit every now and again. If they REALLY wanted to take you out, they would have. Did they? No, they didn't, and looking at how the other guy was racing the others, it wouldn't have been likely. Drive off, move on.

Are you on the PC TUSMBOX?  

If so,  whats the top time for the CAT A touring cars on SPA, and Indy GP in the time trial leaderboards? 

Who has the top time? 

Uhhhhhh, Iunno.

go look

You may find, its the guy you were calling slow.  

They are definitely beatable times,  But at the moment,  they are number 1. 

Perhaps you would like to beat them, and show me, just how slow I really am. :smile: 

This is probably the first and only time I'm going to say something.
RTAnoskills, I've had bits of light contact happen like what happened in your video in league/organized races before. Quite frankly, yes, he could have avoided you by falling back, sure. But then to promptly slam your opponent into the wall as 'revenge'? Revenge for a minor bump that, for all intents and purposes, did jack squat other than mar your paint job and stick a dent or two in the body work? 
This isn't about speed or skill, it's about attitudes. Even the best racers bang wheels every now and again; that's just a risk of closely packed racing. It's okay to take a little hit every now and again. If they REALLY wanted to take you out, they would have. Did they? No, they didn't, and looking at how the other guy was racing the others, it wouldn't have been likely. Drive off, move on.

Thats what I do, most of the time.  But known purps I have ZERO tolerance for.  

You mention attitudes, and your absolutely right,  the thing is, this guys attitude is "screw you".  (I know this from experience on Grid 2 ) So when he used me, that became my attitude.  

This is not some random guy, ive never raced before that race.   Ive had loads of races with this guy,  I knew what to expect, and so did he.  

I prefer to race cleanly, which is why I didn't just nail him, on lap 1.  

Go and watch BTCC or WTCC. Going by yours and your girlfriends logic yesterday before it got out of hand, no one is allowed to overtake if you're on the racing line

Go and watch BTCC or WTCC. Going by yours and your girlfriends logic yesterday before it got out of hand, no one is allowed to overtake if you're on the racing line

Ppl are more than welcome to overtake me when I'm on the racing line, just don't expect me to move off it, back off to let you by or think its ok to smash me off the track in the process... I think that's fair enough lol.

go look

Perhaps you would like to beat them, and show me, just how slow I really am. :smile: 

I'd love to try and beat you, I genuinely would, but there's two problems. One, I'm not on PC, and two, I lied about wanting to beat you, I don't really care.

For those using one screen, I have found a way to get a wider view by creating a custom resolution in the nvidia control panel. I noticed a lot of Blu-Ray movies are letterbox but wider and wondered if this could be done with gaming. Making a custom resolution of 2560x1080 gave me a 21:9 aspect ratio. (I HAD to run my desktop at this res to get the game to appear properly and you can always switch back) You have a letter box screen but those on large displays that sit close using wheels or sim rigs will hardly notice. You could letterbox a 3 screen setup giving you an even wider view but you would have to figure out the proper resolution. PC only of course.

You can see other drivers a bit better, sense of speed is a little better due to more vision on the sides where it counts. A 21:9 aspect selection in the options would be nice. It does every other aspect. The only con is black bar at the top and bottom but with the wider view I feel it is worth it. 

Ppl are more than welcome to overtake me when I'm on the racing line, just don't expect me to move off it, back off to let you by or think its ok to smash me off the track in the process... I think that's fair enough lol.

If someone is along side you, even if its only half the car alongside, you have to give them room. If you don't give room and you then hit them in the corner, its your fault whether you had the racing line or not

If someone is along side you, even if its only half the car alongside, you have to give them room. If you don't give room and you then hit them in the corner, its your fault whether you had the racing line or not

RTA didn't hit him... he hit RTA (twice), spun out on second contact then blamed RTA for it and went on to tbone him... you're perfectly entitled to think that's acceptable, just don't expect everyone else to.

You and RTA seem to be the only ones thinking it. That guy saw and took the inside line which that "double corner" offers. RTA turns in to be met by the guy. Because he was alongside when they tapped each other, it was a fair pass. They both exit side by side with that guy slightly ahead. Because RTA wasn't giving him space for the upcoming corner, they touch again, because he needs to turn to get through. He runs out of road and loses control. Like I said, watch BTCC or WTCC and these passes happen all the time because its allowed. The rules state that once your front wheel is next to the guys back wheel before making the apex, its a legal pass regardless if they touch

You and RTA seem to be the only ones thinking it. That guy saw and took the inside line which that "double corner" offers. RTA turns in to be met by the guy. Because he was alongside when they tapped each other, it was a fair pass. They both exit side by side with that guy slightly ahead. Because RTA wasn't giving him space for the upcoming corner, they touch again, because he needs to turn to get through. He runs out of road and loses control. Like I said, watch BTCC or WTCC and these passes happen all the time because its allowed. The rules state that once your front wheel is next to the guys back wheel before making the apex, its a legal pass regardless if they touch

If we're talking rules then looking at this http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/114363  the "other player" may well have incurred a penalty for making the first contact.  Additionally if your interpretation of them is correct Plato should never have been penalised, I guess you think the driver he pushed wide should have backed off and left him room?  There's a very fine line IMO. 

This "conversation" is pretty pointless anyway.... if we reversed the players and RTA was the "other player" you would all be saying he shouldn't have made first contact or continued to try and barge his way past and that the t-bone was totally unwarranted.

I know one thing for sure I would rather trust RTA to follow me into a corner than the "other player" and I know plenty of others who would agree :)

@photonik... Sorry but I don't understand where you're coming from on this.  In your first post you say: 

"If I see, I cannot pass one clearly I go off the throttle and get in the queue, taking another try in the next passage". 

Yet in your post above you say  "I think you can't drive. You back off when there are 3 or 4 cars in front of you fighting for position?" followed up by "I would probably have crashed into you at some point aswell, cause your avoiding driving style would make me crazy and I'd try to get past you".  Based on this I'm guessing that it will be OK for me to crash you if I'm behind you while you go off the throttle and get in the queue?  

Seriously, some of the responses in this thread make it easier to understand why there is such a poor standard of racing online. 

Personally I'll race ppl how they race me... If they want to smash me, use me to get round corners or block me then they'll get the same back.  And before anyone starts the self-righteous BS, I know two wrongs don't make a right but where online racing is concerned, it does make us equal and even.

Wasn't home, so a little late response...

I see a big difference in cancelling an overtake attempt when I can clearly see that there won't be any room in that corner withouth pushing the other one off the track. That doesn't mean I back off that much that I'm not fighting for position anymore, just that I'm giving up on that single corner. This meaning a little off the throttle, sticking to a constant line, not braking early... just enough to stay right behind the one in front, so if he misses his brake-spot, the apex or loses grip out of the corner I'll be there to attack right again. If not, I'll be in the slipstream and might have the advantage for the next corner. I simply consider that fair fighting. Back off if there's no room to overtake, but stay ready.

What I've seen in the video was avoiding a fight because there were too much cars. He stayed way behind that pack so that he wasn't even able to attack unless one made a massive mistake. That wasn't fighting for position and therefore not racing. Instead waiving around the track on weird lines through the corners (getting of the racing line without reason is waiving for me, just to clarify :D ), not simply driving a little slower but completely unpredictable for a driver behind him. I probably would've crashed him (not intentionally) because he did stuff one wouldn't do in that spot. In a fight I have to assume one knows what he's doing, meaning controlling the car and knowing the track (racing line, how fast you can go round a corner). I respect a driver that drives slower but reasonable, but I don't respect one that drives unpredictable, 'cause I simply can't know what he'll be doing next. 

So for me there's a big difference in backing off to simply watch what the front is doing or backing off (during a fight for position!) of a corner because I see there's no way to get by.

your right......I should have just driven as if those cars weren't there.  Ok guys thanks for telling me where I went wrong. 

It's OK to drive like mad dad, and micky 13.  That's clean racing.  Ok well now when I'm racing I'll just stuff my car up the inside, force people off the line, and I'll use their cars to help get me around turns.

Wow how wrong was I when I thought I could race clean.  

TUSMBOX said:

go look

I'd love to try and beat you, I genuinely would, but there's two problems. One, I'm not on PC, and two, I lied about wanting to beat you, I don't really care.

Shame, I'd love to smoke you. 

Save your breath guys, this fellow is only posting to brag how good he thinks he is. Your on the top of the leaderboards my friend because most people have moved on and forgot about this arcade game. The only way it remotely resembles auto racing is the fact it contains cars, nothing to judge skills on thats for sure.