Sign in to follow this  

being taken out constantly online due to lack of visibility... Loore please help!

Photonik said:
Wasn't home, so a little late response...
I see a big difference in cancelling an overtake attempt when I can clearly see that there won't be any room in that corner withouth pushing the other one off the track. That doesn't mean I back off that much that I'm not fighting for position anymore, just that I'm giving up on that single corner. This meaning a little off the throttle, sticking to a constant line, not braking early... just enough to stay right behind the one in front, so if he misses his brake-spot, the apex or loses grip out of the corner I'll be there to attack right again. If not, I'll be in the slipstream and might have the advantage for the next corner. I simply consider that fair fighting. Back off if there's no room to overtake, but stay ready.What I've seen in the video was avoiding a fight because there were too much cars. He stayed way behind that pack so that he wasn't even able to attack unless one made a massive mistake. That wasn't fighting for position and therefore not racing. Instead waiving around the track on weird lines through the corners (getting of the racing line without reason is waiving for me, just to clarify :D ), not simply driving a little slower but completely unpredictable for a driver behind him. I probably would've crashed him (not intentionally) because he did stuff one wouldn't do in that spot. In a fight I have to assume one knows what he's doing, meaning controlling the car and knowing the track (racing line, how fast you can go round a corner). I respect a driver that drives slower but reasonable, but I don't respect one that drives unpredictable, 'cause I simply can't know what he'll be doing next. 

So for me there's a big difference in backing off to simply watch what the front is doing or backing off (during a fight for position!) of a corner because I see there's no way to get by.

OK... Can we ignore the fact that some of your comments are directed towards RTA (IMO he doesn't race like you describe but we're both entitled to our view :smile: ).  If we ignore that then I agree with what you say about ppl waiving around on weird lines.... I have no problem with ppl going off the line, what I find difficult is when someone goes off the line, say on a sweeping corner, and then attempts to get right back on it even though another car is now there.  It becomes difficult to race someone in that situation.  Another thing that I find quite annoying is when someone goes off track, If I go off track I won't suddenly come flying back on if there's a car directly behind me and my getting back on is going to compromise them... unfortunately the majority of ppl don't seem to give the same respect back.

Finally, I never assume that someone knows what theyre doing as I usually end up disappointed lol

Goresh said:

Save your breath guys, this fellow is only posting to brag how good he thinks he is. Your on the top of the leaderboards my friend because most people have moved on and forgot about this arcade game. The only way it remotely resembles auto racing is the fact it contains cars, nothing to judge skills on thats for sure.

Yeah your absolutely correct.  Trying to brag about how good I "THINK" I am.    

Top of the leaderboard is top of the leaderboard.  Just because you cant get there even when as you say most people have left this game. 

P.S.....im now number 2.   Ive been beaten by 1 or 2 tenths,  

Dont cry Goresh, they will fix that rank 21 issue.  

You and RTA seem to be the only ones thinking it. That guy saw and took the inside line which that "double corner" offers. RTA turns in to be met by the guy. Because he was alongside when they tapped each other, it was a fair pass. They both exit side by side with that guy slightly ahead. Because RTA wasn't giving him space for the upcoming corner, they touch again, because he needs to turn to get through. He runs out of road and loses control. Like I said, watch BTCC or WTCC and these passes happen all the time because its allowed. The rules state that once your front wheel is next to the guys back wheel before making the apex, its a legal pass regardless if they touch

If we're talking rules then looking at this http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/114363  the "other player" may well have incurred a penalty for making the first contact.  Additionally if your interpretation of them is correct Plato should never have been penalised, I guess you think the driver he pushed wide should have backed off and left him room?  There's a very fine line IMO. 

This "conversation" is pretty pointless anyway.... if we reversed the players and RTA was the "other player" you would all be saying he shouldn't have made first contact or continued to try and barge his way past and that the t-bone was totally unwarranted.

I know one thing for sure I would rather trust RTA to follow me into a corner than the "other player" and I know plenty of others who would agree :)

LOL Are you for real? Do everyone a favour and re-read your posts. Maybe, just maybe you'll realize how silly you make yourself sound. In all fairness I'm going to just assume your a child who doesn't really play well with others and as such I'll leave you to carry on and prove me right.

Goresh said:

LOL Are you for real? Do everyone a favour and re-read your posts. Maybe, just maybe you'll realize how silly you make yourself sound. In all fairness I'm going to just assume your a child who doesn't really play well with others and as such I'll leave you to carry on and prove me right.

Yes im for real,  Ive  not seen 1 video from you?   Yet your on a very tall, and very smug horse. 

I re-read my posts before i post them,  I also play VERY well with others,  I just dont play very well with IDIOTS. 

Idiots get smashed, clean racers get raced. 

The ONLY people who have a problem with me, are the ones who cannot race properly and fairly.   If you have raced me, and kept it clean, then you got it back.  

If your not on the xbox, then you have ZERO experience in racing against me.