Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2017 Bahrain Grand Prix

Can't be bovvered to put together a witty post, so here ya go.

Damn good job by Valt.

I don't think it is. Ferrari will be faster in the race, Mercedes are always fast I'm qualifying. Great lap from Bottas though, nice to see Hamilton being friendly, but that could change in the future :joy:

I don't think there's any doubt Bottas can be fast, but he lacks consistency. 

Yep, very well done, Valtteri. It's good to see Lewis and him getting along well, but let's not get fooled here, if Valtteri starts beating Lewis more often, that relationship might cool down fast.

Wehrlein and Palmer were quite impressive too. Don't think anyone expected a Sauber in 13th or Palmer to be anywhere close to the top-10, let alone be in it.

Also, Massa's old ass can fuck off, deliberately sped up in his out lap 15 seconds behind just to cut across Max in the final corner before starting the hot lap. Useless old never-was with an irrelevant career.

Ferrari have introduced this year's car with massive high speed cornering ability and Bahrain as a track doesn't really suit cars like that. It's more of a power track favouring acceleration based cars. Hench, why Mercedes are beasts. 

Massive buzz for Bottas right now the guy done his job. Also Pascal as well to get that Sauber where it is after missing the first 2 races. Class. 

Looking forward to the race. 

Charles Leclerc just had the most amazing tightest GP2-comeback race ever, was 13th with 5 laps to go because he crazily enough gave up the lead to pit for softs and then he just overtook everybody, including leader Ghiotto in the last lap. Amazing to watch.

Honda seem to be getting worse as the years go on, when they should be improving..... Useless. 

I said Ferrari would  be fast in the race. Hamilton seems to be struggling. 

I think if Lewis gets a penalty that would be silly, he still lost out in the end. I said the same with Vettel pretty much starting in the middle of the road at the last race. This has been my favourite race so far, it's all very close. I'm sad that Mad Max is out though, as he's always entertaining.                      

Alonso can't wait to get to Indy.

Kvyat and Palmer are racing like two drivers who already know that they're the two with the biggest odds to get replaced mid-season.

Lewis has only himself to blame for his scrappy Q3 and blocking
Ricciardo. Bottas is too slow in the race, which means Lewis needs to
start infront of him and stay infront because Mercedes - contrary to
Ferrari - are not willing to react quickly enough when it matters in
regards to switching places.

Ferrari are ruthless in how they treat their slower driver, Mercedes
will have to be ruthless aswell if needed. Otherwise, they're not going
to win this. Ferrari and Vettel looking absolutely on it. Mercedes being
absolutely dreadful when it comes to thinking on their feet is another
worry.

@Jiggy And the man himself liked my tweet :D
https://twitter.com/TheRealHughesy/status/853579280865013761

Great race, stupid penalty. I said Ferrari would be quick, without the penalty it would have been a much more exciting end. Bottas was awful. 

Very good race. Bahrain truly is an excellent circuit for racing, especially through S1. Feel like the Hamilton driven Mercedes' was the faster package today, but fortunately he only got in to clean air around mid way through the race. 

Other than that, Ferrari have made two race winning strategy calls within 3 races. Something odd is going on. 

There will be no overtaking, they said. The races will be a snoozefest, they said.
(Then again, Bahrain has produced quality races pretty consistently throughout the past few years.)