Sign in to follow this  

ONLINE FLASHBACKS - YES or NO!

@Loore,      I believe shortly before Autosport was released,     you said CM would be keeping an eye on the FLASHBACK situation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lh9yk16MBG8

Does CM still think that FLASHBACKS help in any way?  

yep, the A.I. Rammers are the worst, aren't they. Away with online flashbacks and for heavens sake get the text chat in before you loose a big part of us.

It can go both ways. If you're hit by a rammer, you can flashback and repair some, if not all of your damage. Otherwise, you're screwed from turn one. I don't mind flashbacks, though. I think of them more as an instant respawn.

Flashbacks should stay away from online, that's it.

I'm also disappointed that Demo Derby also allows Flashbacks this time. It takes the fun out of trying to survive, but most hosts seem to forget that... :/

I guess they were rammers too and totally deserved this.

Yes!.  They had ganged up on one of my NSR team mates, and I joined the lobby, to help out.   They didn't stay very long. 

The fact still remains, that I and you, and everyone else has the ability to do what i did in this video.   Should anyone have that ability?  

NO!

If flashbacks are to stay in online, you could limit their usage depending on the 'clean racing' status of the drivers. The dirtier racer you are, the fewer flashbacks you get. This would obviously favour those who are less likely to go flying up the inside and cause accidents. I'm not a fan of flashbacks in multiplayer, but if they had to stay this would mean more of an incentive to race well while leaving the bad drivers with wrecked vehicles and higher (ha) repair costs, in addition to adding more value to the driver status thing.

Flasbacks don't teach anyone anything in regards to improving their driving. One needs consequences to face to improve.

Of course flashbacks should be removed. What is more fun than getting rammed, hitting escape, navigating to reset vehicle, hitting reset vehicle, losing 5 seconds and driving with 3 wheels for the rest of the race?

Flashbacks should definitely stay in, that way rammers will never win by purposefully ramming someone faster than them and getting lucky.

They should go, or limit it to 1 per race. You can avoid rammers or control it. I had a guy earlier targeting me every race because I was winning a lot. He'd side swipe me, I'd control the car and end up spinning him. He eventually left when he tried to take me out at a corner you can take flat out. He either didn't know the track or didn't or couldn't take it flat out. I fly through the corner, see the arrow flash then a big bang and **** has destroyed their vehicle/left the lobby

I forgot to say No, i think flashbacks should go from the online, in some situations could be a sense but as online is designed it makes more damage than benefits.

I will preffer to see more players using TC and not trying to be so "Pro" when his/her car is all the race drifting every turn, every exit....TC doesn´t do harm, doesn´t do a noobie, it helps learn to drive without it, controlling the gas and looking when it turns on an off, but lots of people quits some helps because they think as a "sin" or a casual player issue and ruined a lot of races going side by side of the track or loosing the control...

I agree that flashbacks have no place in online racing but I must admit they can come in handy... the other night I was having a good race with someone, I was behind them waiting for a chance to get past but lost concentration for a moment and missed my braking point.  Was heading for a collision but managed to flashback before contact was made, meaning the guy in front didn't have his race trashed... pros and cons I guess.

I kinda think less than 5 maybe like 3 would suffice. If u get kicked into the kitty litter by someone , without them u gotta pause then reset car then dead last if u had little less flashbacks at least you would be able to stay in the race . so its either stay in the race (flashbacks) or out of race ( no flashbacks ). Just my 2 cents.

Maybe ppl would be more careful without them though... everytime there's contact with another car the "offending" vehicle also runs the risk of ending up off the track or in the wall, might make ppl think twice before trying to pull off impossible overtakes.

Part of me says yes to flashbacks because when I get hot in the 1st corner pile up I try to hit fb as fast as possible, so I can get moving again w/o too much problem. As well as eluded to earlier stated, using it avoid hitting someone to stop me from ruining their race because of me. 

Although part of me says no, because people will spin or wreck & not use a fb and people pile into them. Then another person will spin/wreck and then hit fb quickly to avoid being a problem. So you really you have no idea what to expect. So if you do not have any fb's you do not have to guess about the courtesy of others.