Sign in to follow this  

ONLINE FLASHBACKS - YES or NO!

Part of me says yes to flashbacks because when I get hot in the 1st corner pile up I try to hit fb as fast as possible, so I can get moving again w/o too much problem. As well as eluded to earlier stated, using it avoid hitting someone to stop me from ruining their race because of me. 

Although part of me says no, because people will spin or wreck & not use a fb and people pile into them. Then another person will spin/wreck and then hit fb quickly to avoid being a problem. So you really you have no idea what to expect. So if you do not have any fb's you do not have to guess about the courtesy of others.

Many of those hitting you in first corner do so because they know they can flash back.  Remove the option and many may alter their driving style?  Maybe?

Part of me says yes to flashbacks because when I get hot in the 1st corner pile up I try to hit fb as fast as possible, so I can get moving again w/o too much problem. As well as eluded to earlier stated, using it avoid hitting someone to stop me from ruining their race because of me. 

Although part of me says no, because people will spin or wreck & not use a fb and people pile into them. Then another person will spin/wreck and then hit fb quickly to avoid being a problem. So you really you have no idea what to expect. So if you do not have any fb's you do not have to guess about the courtesy of others.

Many of those hitting you in first corner do so because they know they can flash back.  Remove the option and many may alter their driving style?  Maybe?

Not likely. Play any other online (non-simulation) racing game that does not have flashbacks & you'll quickly see that most are infested with wreckers/rammers/crashers.

It can't be helped that global, public multiplayer lobbies in any game are always going to be filled with players of varying skill levels. Not all players have perfected their track knowledge & car control for every single car on every single track. Everyone is at a different stage in their experience with the game. And not everyone is dedicated to putting in the time & effort to become the best - some just want to have fun driving cars. It's unrealistic to expect everyone online to always perform like pros.

If you don't know the limits, the only way to find them is to try to push beyond them, which often results in errors that serve as signposts for where the limits are, so you gradually learn how far you can & can't push on future attempts. It requires time & effort, plus the desire to improve & the knowledge of how to recognize your mistakes.

While online FlashBacks might not be perfect, I think they're at least an attempt to make a step in the right direction towards helping reduce the cost of making mistakes and making it easier to pick yourself back up & try again without feeling brutally punished for trying.

Elitists might say that the only way to learn is "the hard way," but this is a game, after all, and it's no fun to "play" something that feels unforgiving & out to constantly punish you when you're just trying to enjoy yourself.

I kinda think less than 5 maybe like 3 would suffice. If u get kicked into the kitty litter by someone , without them u gotta pause then reset car then dead last if u had little less flashbacks at least you would be able to stay in the race . so its either stay in the race (flashbacks) or out of race ( no flashbacks ). Just my 2 cents.

There 5 flashbacks online in GRID Autosport, just like GRID 2?

I thought Loore posted that Codemasters was thinking about using 3 and we posted maybe 1 would be OK.

http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/570/flashbacks-again/p3

Loore said:
Still no further comment from CM........... 8-}
As it stands flashbacks are on in playlists, although I do believe they've lowered the amount down slightly which should add an element of "should I use it" about them.

That said, this is something we'll be monitoring once the game goes live and we will act should the need be there. This is something we're keeping a close eye and once the game launches we'll have a vast amount of data to analyse, along with first hand feedback from everyone

Britpoint said:
Remember that Flashbacks are not the only thing that determines how a race will play out online. GRID 2 had a very different handling model, different reactions to collisions, split routes on the city circuits, a more severe off-track penalty system. All of these things and more made GRID 2's online what it was - things that are different in Autosport. You may well find that because of the changes between the games, the inclusion of flashbacks doesn't have the same detrimental effect that you found in GRID 2.

And as ever, once the game is out and people are actually playing with the new system, the designers will be keeping an eye on things and listening to the feedback, and they'll go from there.

Purple44 said:
GRID 2 had 5 flashbacks to use, people been guessing this will get lowered to 3 in GRID A. That be enough for greifers to still cause plenty of trouble, then if their car get fix, they still have a fresh car to go on and cause some more trouble until griefer wrecks his car.

And if griefer using a loaner car, would griefer even worry about wrecking the car? Will GRID A charge you $$ for the damage to a loaner car?

Here a compromise, 1 flashback for the ones that feel the need to use it and flashback should not gain you position on the track. Should cost you a few seconds, so there some kind of penalty for taking turn to fast or braking to late.

In a custom host, let host decide how many flashbacks can be use, 0-5.

More flashbacks for racing clean would be fun, though.

5 fot a white icon, 4 for green, 3 for yellow, 2 for orange and 1 for red. That would give cleaner drivers the advantage in a fight.

Problem is, a lot of French have white icons simply because they start first and therefore never hit anything, and they drive like tards once anyone actually catches them up. So either way you look at it, there's no way to 'win' when it comes to collisions and rammers.

We're dropping the amount from 5, down to 3 in the next set of patches (should be in the next one on PC).

thats great news Loore, now they have 2 for takeouts and 1 for emergency.  1 or none, would have been better.  But we can hope 3  has the desired effect.

Thanks 

No, definitely no, mistaken, himself come back
And will be less wishing to knock you off the track
By the way, drive several times with Mad Dad V1, quite cultural, him teammate more agression
but for some reason everyone wanted to knock him off the track (...strange, why...)

i'm against the flashbacks, but i use them just to not ruin other people races when i forgot to brake on some turns

Haha, I did that for the first time the other day when not concentrating and the track was the short version and I was bearing down fully locked up sideways heading for a bunch of cars in front at a very slow corner, oooh sh!t, Ah I have a flash back, saved lol.

Just raced online. First turn is a second gear corner. I'm on the racing line and some loon piles through me at about 130mph and puts me in the gravel.

Flashback does nothing except remind me how crap this whole experience has been and still is.

I'm disqualified. Go figure.

Thank God for a Forza 4.

Lesson learned.

kimdurose said:

Just raced online. First turn is a second gear corner. I'm on the racing line and some loon piles through me at about 130mph and puts me in the gravel.

Flashback does nothing except remind me how crap this whole experience has been and still is.

I'm disqualified. Go figure.

Thank God for a Forza 4.

Lesson learned.

What so, you got nailed at the 1st turn?  Then spat your dummy out, and sat there till you got DisQual,   Now you goin back to forza 4????????

Are you trying to tell the good people on this forum, that 1st turn crashes dont happen in forza 4???????  

I got news for you pal.........they happen on forza 4,  and there are idiots on forza 4, just like this game.  

Grow a pair, and hit the guy back, or leave the lobby, and find a new one.  

fanticUA said:

No, definitely no, mistaken, himself come back
And will be less wishing to knock you off the track
Be the way, drive several times with Mad Dad V1, quite cultural, him teammate more agression
but for some reason everyone wanted to knock him off the track (...strange, why...)

Im not gonna post the vid here,  But check my youtube vids, and you will find the racist msgs, he sent to me over xbox.  

That may have something to do with it.   His mouth writes cheques his ass cant cash. 

Of course I know there are crashes on Forza. And don't call me "pal". Unless you're happy to be called "patronising" in return?

What I don't understand is why after I got wiped out by this player, the car was stuck in the gravel, I couldn't engage gear and was then disqualified for my efforts to rejoin the race.

Y BUTTON = flashback.   

Start - RESET VEHICLE - race on

If you tried these 2 options, then I dont know.  

But spitting your dummy out and going back to another game due to one weird incident, is pathetic.  

You can call me patronising all you want,  fine by me, especially when im being patronising,    

Enjoy forza 4,   

PAL.  Buddy,  Mate,  Bestie,  Friend, 

Haha RTA talking about spitting out dummies! His youtube videos consist of him over reacting to the only possible move available and the rest is him taking out another player any time he sees him a lobby because of an accident he caused to start it, even if said guy is a racist

Haha RTA talking about spitting out dummies! His youtube videos consist of him over reacting to the only possible move available and the rest is him taking out another player any time he sees him a lobby because of an accident he caused to start it, even if said guy is a racist

LOL, so now your saying I caused Mad DAD to T-bone me????  LMFAO, go watch "the reason why - FULL race" 

I never spit my dummy out,  I make the people who hit me, spit their dummies out.  You wont find me screaming down the mic, at everyone one.  

You might enjoy this: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEQ3i-fiJz0&feature=youtu.be

Sometimes,  Flashbacks are not required. 

I watched the 1st video. You both go side by side into the sweeping corner, and through the last part you both touch and then instead of just changing your line by an inch, you continue to rub alongside each other before the flat out chicane to the start finish straight causing him to lose control because you didn't leave racing room. He retaliated by T-Boning you, just like you retaliate to any given touch that occurs. Fair enough reacting to the T-Bone, but going out of your way to ruin his, yours and others races each time you see him is OTT.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1)  They weren't alongside going into the corner.   
2)  Why should someone have to move off the racing line to give the car behind room?  Might just as well pull over and let everyone past. 

Alright guys you've had your fun going at each other, I've cleaned up the last few pages so knock it on the head and get back on topic or I'll be locking the thread.

Alright guys you've had your fun going at each other, I've cleaned up the last few pages so knock it on the head and get back on topic or I'll be locking the thread.

Fair enough, but what about my reply to the above post? That was some what on topic?