Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stage Creator

Is this going to be available in Career Mode & large custom events?
Or just for individual stages & daily events?

I guess you are talking about the possibility to create the stage by yourself. Well, as the developers told to the public, you will be able to generate tracks for your custom made events and share them with your friends, so for custom leagues and single races. Nevertheless all the tracks we will see in the game will be generated with your stage, but the ones in the career and daily events  mode are the same for everyone and were individually selected by the team.

Its not a stage creator as such, its a generator where you change the sliders to get what you want so you can't physically edit them. The career mode ones are all pre-set by Codies but the leagues, dailies and custom events will all be generated before you start the stage

I read that Your Stage can also be used in PvP rallies. I read in the Road Book: "This is a stage you’ll be able to take time and time again, share with your friends and the DiRT Community, and even use it with league and PvP functionality."

In other DiRTs and Loeb Rally Evo you can only race one stage at a time. You cannot create a cumulative rally. Does anyone know if you can set up full rallies in DiRT 4 in PvP with multiple stages generated by Your Stage? Do the stages need to be generated beforehand or can you do it right in the lobby?

My DiRT Rally league is already getting ready for PvP action. What we would like to do is the following, and I hope it's possible:
1. Create private lobby
2. Invite league members
3. Select rally location and number of stages
4. Set Your Stage to generate each stage individually, with the slider settings being able to be set individually on each stage
5. Race
6. The lobby tallies the times and shows current cumulative rally results after each stage

That would be fantastic if it really does work that way.

The PVP rally's were confirmed somewhere in Gossip Thread a long time ago. 
I can't find the correct post but by searching I think we can assume it will look this way:
Yeah, I think the 300 stages in the career are pre set stages which have all been created using the your stage tool. So you probably won't be able to change those as it is a set in stone career mode. You can obviously create your own stages in custom events and online/leagues
Correct - the career stages are generated by Your Stage, but curated by us to make sure it fits the challenge curve. Your Stage track generation is for custom events, freeplay, leagues, clubs, PvP, and that side of things. :)

@KickUp or @Hatward could you confirm if @LudwigVonMises assumptions are correct?
@ChristinaMc any chances to shed some light on the PVP/League systems in one of the incoming Road Books? :)

I read that Your Stage can also be used in PvP rallies. I read in the Road Book: "This is a stage you’ll be able to take time and time again, share with your friends and the DiRT Community, and even use it with league and PvP functionality."

In other DiRTs and Loeb Rally Evo you can only race one stage at a time. You cannot create a cumulative rally. Does anyone know if you can set up full rallies in DiRT 4 in PvP with multiple stages generated by Your Stage? Do the stages need to be generated beforehand or can you do it right in the lobby?

My DiRT Rally league is already getting ready for PvP action. What we would like to do is the following, and I hope it's possible:
1. Create private lobby
2. Invite league members
4. Set Your Stage to generate each stage individually, with the slider settings being able to be set individually on each stage
5. Race
6. The lobby tallies the times and shows current cumulative rally results after each stage

I believe the stages can be stacked, I vaguely remember us doing that at the playtest in November. In custom event, you have an ' + Add Stage' and you just generate more stages, I would imagine PVP is the same unless someone can correct me?

1. Create private lobby
2. Invite league members
5. Race

This is indeed how it works!

As @Rallycameraman says you can create a 12 stage event while in the lobby.

Stages can be generated to be your choice of length / complexity / weather / time of day.

You can also load your favourite saved stages. 

At the end of the 12 stages you'll get your Event time. 

The lobby can also be configured to be a Championship, which will award points based on everyone's Event finish position. The Championship can be up to 6 Events long.

Hatward said:

1. Create private lobby
2. Invite league members
5. Race

This is indeed how it works!

As @Rallycameraman says you can create a 12 stage event while in the lobby.

Stages can be generated to be your choice of length / complexity / weather / time of day.

You can also load your favourite saved stages. 

At the end of the 12 stages you'll get your Event time. 

The lobby can also be configured to be a Championship, which will award points based on everyone's Event finish position. The Championship can be up to 6 Events long.

Yeeeees. Yeees!

bogani said:

Can we see individual stage times this time around?

Not sure what you mean. Any player (host or client) can view the details for all the stages in the current event. That includes the spline and surfaces.

Hatward said:

bogani said:

Not sure what you mean. Any player (host or client) can view the details for all the stages in the current event. That includes the spline and surfaces.

When looking at results in a league for example, you only see the overall time after each stage. You can't see individual results of SS2 for example, just the total standing after SS2.

bogani said:

Hatward said:

bogani said:

When looking at results in a league for example, you only see the overall time after each stage. You can't see individual results of SS2 for example, just the total standing after SS2.

Oh ok - yeah at the end of a PVP stage you'll get full stage times as part of the post race flow. :)

@Hatward thanks so much for confirming that! I really appreciate the response. And the functionality is absolutely spectacular. THAT'S how you program online rally lobbies! June 6th bye-bye Loeb Rally Evo!

This is simply excellent. Potentially 72 stages PvP championship then :)

I wonder what happens when players join or leave mid championship.

Voidhawk said:

If it's anything like F1 2016's championships then if you leave and re-enter you are back to 0 points. If you are going to use PvP for organized league events it would be better to jot down the rally point totals yourself in case someone gets disconnected.

Voidhawk said:

If it's anything like F1 2016's championships then if you leave and re-enter you are back to 0 points. If you are going to use PvP for organized league events it would be better to jot down the rally point totals yourself in case someone gets disconnected.

Perhaps organised league events are better to stay in the format already in Dirt Rally. But PvP will be more fun for me :) ..... regardless of disconnect risk.

Does Dirt 4 have arcade game modes like dirt 3 did? if so what type? I really enjoyed playing Infected and wish it could be played on the higher consoles. I'm still not sure if i should buy Dirt 4 or not...

Does Dirt 4 have arcade game modes like dirt 3 did? if so what type? I really enjoyed playing Infected and wish it could be played on the higher consoles. I'm still not sure if i should buy Dirt 4 or not...
You can switch between driving mode (arcade D3 style) and sim-mode (DiRT Rally style).