Sign in to follow this  

[VIDEO] F1 2014 Bahrain Hotlap

MUZZARIOL said:

Like a lot of other people I’m sure, I’m seriously fed up with the same daft swoopy camera replays in every Codemasters game now. When I’m watching a replay of an exciting overtake I don’t want it to suddenly switch to a close up of my front wing ffs.

I honestly beleive Codemasters have shy'd away from everything broadcast related, to leave their own artistic "stamp" on the games. Its a sneaky and somewhat subliminal cross marketing and branding technique, thats why all Codies games have the same feel and atmosphere. Kind of similar to what Apple do with their products.

I have no problem with that... it's generally a good thing that when you fire up a Codies game, it looks and feels like a Codies game. That look and feel just needs to evolve over time too, though, or in cases like this it ends up looking dated and annoying.

visually very nice, sounds good. Replay system is awful.  Tcam and cockpit view for the full lap is needed.

I'm very disappointed in CM this year. and I know it's only a video but I have the feeling it's not the usual coders on this year's game. Looks to me like they past F1 2013 on to another team and told them to turn it into F1 2014 and all the good coders are working on next years new F1 game. :(

I'm just waiting on steam to release a price, any more than £25 they can stick it, 

If I do decide to buy it'll most likely be during one of Steam's sales I'm not buying this one full price as I don't think it's worth it. not really for a rehashed 2013 with 2 new tracks.

mmpaw37 said:

Hatta said:

It's looking good, would like to hear/see more onboard shots though.

The next hotlap has a few T-Cam shots. Will look at getting cockpit too for the future.

Great sounds Luke!, Like the footage but need TCAM footage. Also, I have been comparing some actual real life sounds to that of the game and I must say, Its pretty close!. Just needs to be a tad deeper in the higher rev range then it will be perfect!...GREAT JOB GUYS!!!  AAA+

Actually I'm not so sure it does. The new V6 engines rev to 15,000 RPM but the drivers very rarely use more than 12,000 since peak fuel flow is mandated to be at 10,500rpm, so there's no real power gain above 12,000 because you're just adding more air for the same amount of fuel. I imagine this video was with the auto transmission which will take the revs all the way up before shifting - at least  I hope that's the case, since CM really will have dropped the ball if this aspect of the new cars is ignored entirely and peak power is at the top of the rev band like the old V8s.

mmpaw37 said:

Hatta said:

It's looking good, would like to hear/see more onboard shots though.

The next hotlap has a few T-Cam shots. Will look at getting cockpit too for the future.

Great sounds Luke!, Like the footage but need TCAM footage. Also, I have been comparing some actual real life sounds to that of the game and I must say, Its pretty close!. Just needs to be a tad deeper in the higher rev range then it will be perfect!...GREAT JOB GUYS!!!  AAA+

Actually I'm not so sure it does. The new V6 engines rev to 15,000 RPM but the drivers very rarely use more than 12,000 since peak fuel flow is mandated to be at 10,500rpm, so there's no real power gain above 12,000 because you're just adding more air for the same amount of fuel. I imagine this video was with the auto transmission which will take the revs all the way up before shifting - at least  I hope that's the case, since CM really will have dropped the ball if this aspect of the new cars is ignored entirely and peak power is at the top of the rev band like the old V8s.

Like a lot of other people I’m sure, I’m seriously fed up with the same daft swoopy camera replays in every Codemasters game now. When I’m watching a replay of an exciting overtake I don’t want it to suddenly switch to a close up of my front wing ffs.

They had really better be gone for good in the next-gen game (and I don’t even have a next-gen console, nor will I have by then).

Agreed.

vtidixon said:

Wow did any1 else notice how early the throttle was being applied? It sounded like full throttle before hitting the apex in the first sector. Really was expecting to be fighting the car out of corners this year but quess cant really tell much from a hotlap vid.

Having heard them with my own ears, that was the first thing I noticed, I usually heard the turbo whistle when off throttle, then it was clear.

vtidixon said:

Wow did any1 else notice how early the throttle was being applied? It sounded like full throttle before hitting the apex in the first sector. Really was expecting to be fighting the car out of corners this year but quess cant really tell much from a hotlap vid.

That was the second item that jumped out after the turbo.  I would hope it was a bot lap, if so I don't see the point, it's not hard to lap within 2 seconds of a decent time and with those all over the place camera views few would be able to tell if it was a slow lap, so make it a non bot lap.  Of course it might have been, though that would raise further questions.

Great... if you can be bothered waiting for somebody to make all the right cars, and somebody else to make all the right tracks. I much prefer the CM one stop shop :)

The whistling....I know its realistic, but I don't know if I can deal with that for 2 plus hours.  I was getting the vacuum cleaner images that gran turismo is known for.  The AC mod overdid it a little too.  IMO I'd prefer they reduce it some, but have it enough so you know its there

Hatta said:

Thanks Hatta, looking forward to it.  :)

CT25R said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSJ0lPf5rJw

Here's an example of some modder with a very good ear, re-creating what the engine sound should more or less sound like.

Fantastic video. I got 2 take-aways from this. First, is that AC's gotten super close to the real engine sounds. And secondly, the Ferrari doesn't seem to have the whistling noise as the Mercedes. Perhaps I was being too hard on CM's Alonso Bahrain video? I need to see a F1 2014 Mercedes hotlap to really be able to tell. Who knows, maybe lifting off the throttle for fuel savings might turn out to be fun in it's own way, lol.

Hatta said:

It's been a week since the Bahrain video. Time for another one, no?

Hatta said:

Indeed it is. We should have one up Thursday.

Seabast318 said:

CT25R said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLEtdqIsfcg 

Hatta, this video is very nice, no?

I hope you realise that's a fully curved screen there too. The video is actually a head cam, the picture comes from a projector behind him, you can see that because it's his hands and wheel there, looks very good, he has spent a lot of time on it but now it's paying off

Hatta said:
Hatta said:

Indeed it is. We should have one up Thursday.

Hatta, please provide a video of Mercedes if you can. I'd like to hear the engine.