Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2017 Lada Russian Grand Prix

I don't know whose season has been worse, Grosjean's or Palmer's.

Well, at least Grosjean doesn't seem likely to get sacked though.

Is this race ever exciting? It's basically Valencia.  

Why are all the cars overheating? You finally get tyres that you can push, then you can't use them. 

Always said he could do it! 

No wait, I didn't....  :# He does have the talent, but he needs to do it consistently, great win under pressure though. Hamilton has been nowhere this weekend, yet still a massive gap back to 5th. You could almost have another formula between MERC/Ferrari and the rest.

Hughesy said:

Is this race ever exciting? It's basically Valencia.  

Why are all the cars overheating? You finally get tyres that you can push, then you can't use them. 

The past two Russian GPs were great, and even Valencia had a good one in 2012.

I thought this race was still pretty entertaining. It wasn't a classic but it had my attention the whole way through.

Also, anyone who supports this notion of "Massa blocked Vettel to help Bottas", catch yourselves on. Like Massa has enough time on his hands to worry about who's winning the grand prix, give me a break.

I think an end needs to be brought to this notion that all the power units (other than Honda) are "about the same". Every start, restart, Q3 lap or any point where a Mercedes' is under mild threat, their PU finds another level. Couldn't really get too excited during the final few laps while watching the Ferrari get murdered in the speed traps. 

At least we've got Barcelona and Monaco up next, two circuits renowned for their high action and overtaking rate. 

VetteIfan said:
At least we've got Barcelona and Monaco up next, two circuits renowned for their high action and overtaking rate

Hmmmm.

Considering there were zero overtakes (I believe I'm right in saying that), that was an ok race. Thank goodness we had Seb and Valtteri there at the end to keep us entertained. Everyone was just on their own all afternoon apart from them. Verstappen, I think we saw his pit stop, and that was it! Force India too, don't remember seeing much of them, but yet another great double points finish, and right up in the mid-points too. Good effort.

Clumsy from Palmer and Grosjean at the start. I know no action has taken, but I would put slightly more blame on Palmer. Yes, he was tight with space with the Sauber, but Grosjean was well up alongside him and needed some room.

And McLaren. Again, 2 non-starts within 2 races. Just awful. I wouldn't be surprised to see Alonso heading off before the end of the season at this rate. He's not gonna be winning any time soon with them at the moment, not for a good 2 or 3 years. He's gotta get out of there.

Hopefully the Chassis and engine upgrades at Spain brings Red bull closer to  Merc and Ferrari.