Scheduled Updates and BETA Shutdown - 06/07/2020 Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

All sessions included?

Quick question:
Will FP1 and FP2 return in F1-2014?
I hope so, cause only 60 Minutes of practice is not enough to get a good setup!

Another question:
What about dedicated servers for F1-2015?
The P2P model we have right now is sub-optimal, to be honest!

Dedicated servers would require anti cheat software. I think you answered your own question.

No official race weekend = no purchase from me yet again. The game could have the best race model to date, I don't care if that is so. I can't invest unless I get to participate in a full official race weekend. My race weekends begin on a Friday morning (Thursday Monaco), not a Saturday. This is not an official F1 game in my view.

No official race weekend = no purchase from me yet again. The game could have the best race model to date, I don't care if that is so. I can't invest unless I get to participate in a full official race weekend. My race weekends begin on a Friday morning (Thursday Monaco), not a Saturday. This is not an official F1 game in my view.

They keep making their games more and more Arcade like, they got rid of press room interviews, then interviews all together, they removed the immersion feeling in the paddock with the buildings and replaced it with a arcade style menu, they remove 2 practice sessions, they refuse to let the safety car to come out of the first and last laps, they make the damage sensitivity super low so that you have to harpoon a car at full speed just to get damage, they refuse to have engine failures or actual out of fuel where your car stops, they put in super brakes in the runoff areas, and they remove the young drivers test. This just ticks me off, then they say that it's too difficult to add OPTIONAL sim features to the game but have no problems adding super easy mode, shortened career mode, and a lot of arcade features. They keep on appealing to the whinny 10 year old kids but not the people who want a realistic F1 game.  

And probably a lot more money to run than CM have spare to be throwing around.

lol

They keep making their games more and more Arcade like, they got rid of press room interviews, then interviews all together, they removed the immersion feeling in the paddock with the buildings and replaced it with a arcade style menu, they remove 2 practice sessions, they refuse to let the safety car to come out of the first and last laps, they make the damage sensitivity super low so that you have to harpoon a car at full speed just to get damage, they refuse to have engine failures or actual out of fuel where your car stops, they put in super brakes in the runoff areas, and they remove the young drivers test. This just ticks me off, then they say that it's too difficult to add OPTIONAL sim features to the game but have no problems adding super easy mode, shortened career mode, and a lot of arcade features. They keep on appealing to the whinny 10 year old kids but not the people who want a realistic F1 game.  

Worry not. Project Cars is around the corner already and have F1 cars too. This means that if CM really wants us to buy, of course not this one, but the new F12015 , then they will be better off doiing their homework, and have actuallu developed some brand new physics that don't feel that flashy, ready to show soon

Quick question:
Will FP1 and FP2 return in F1-2014?
I hope so, cause only 60 Minutes of practice is not enough to get a good setup!

Another question:
What about dedicated servers for F1-2015?
The P2P model we have right now is sub-optimal, to be honest!

http://forums.codemasters.com/search

I honestly thought they were on to something when they started with 2010. Oh boy, I was proved to be wrong when they buggered up 2011 with that stupid patch then promptly walked away leaving it as a pile of scrap code. Their efforts ever since have been nothing but laughable - dropping features left, right and centre. I don't believe CM actually know what Formula One is and what it means when they present such rubbish to loyal fans like us. Their problem from what I see is them not listening what we want.

Yes they put in the safety car but I only ever saw it once - ever. Yes they bought classic content into the mix but it was very badly implemented and not properly structured.

Who here was fond of having to re take the young drivers test in 2012 -13? That would insult me that's for sure! Now they take it out (thank god) and give us one lap go to determine the difficulty level of the AI. That ain't gonna work is it CM! Players will be restarting it over and over until they feel satisfied with their lap. I really hope with next gen, they buck their ideas up and sort this mess out and gave the fans of the sport a game that at leasts represents what we love so much about F1.

Well to be fair, those complaining about YDT being removed should note that the FIA got rid of them for this season anyway

ukfan758 said:

They removed the young driver test because they aren't doing that it real life, they canned it to save money

ukfan758 said:

They removed the young driver test because they aren't doing that it real life, they canned it to save money

Not exactly. Limited in-season testing returned this year, with tests taking place after a grand prix weekend, so far at Catalunya and Silverstone. There's plenty of opportunity for teams to run young drivers in these sessions, so there's no real need for a dedicated YDT this year.

^ since when do Codies care about real life F1 or authenticity? Doubt it would've cost them anything to include it, could've just done a copy and paste from last year