Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2017 Real Spanish Grand Prix in Barcelona

In my opinion, Martin Brundle and Anthony Davidson are the two gems of Sky's coverage. Without them it would be pants. It's a shame Ant only does a few races, because his analysis is tip top. Pat Symonds is also becoming one of my favourites too, what a great addition for Sky. Simon Lazenby isn't that bad either to be fair.

But then you have the Crofty, he's just Crofty, Ted is always looking for a headline and it's annoying, Rachel Brookes is the most boring lady on television, and Johnny Herbert, sort of know what I'm gonna say about him. Damon's alright, di Resta's alright. But it needs a freshen up.

Channel 4 on the other hand. Steve Jones, really settling in well to the presenting role, has a great rapport with DC and Webber, who are both excellent. EJ is gold, Karun Chandhok is the best pit lane reporter in the business in my opinion, Ben Edwards is brill, and Lee McKensie asks the right questions too.

Get Brundle and Davidson on Channel 4 and it would be a dream team.

I'm not to keen on Steve Jones but love the rest of C4's team. From 2019 Sky should do all they can to get Ben and DC alongside Brundle in the commentary box.

Signing Karun has been a masterstroke by C4 as well, dunno why Sky let him go! If he could drive as well as he pundits he might still have a seat :p