DiRT Rally 2.0 - New Player Guide Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

QUALITY CONTROL

Because it's obviously something they are having difficulty fixing. I'm sure if they could just press a Button and fix it then surely they would do that? I'm very suprised how people can take this so far. The game is still enjoyable.  I

MLT24 said:
Loore said:
You want patch notes...we give them and you moan.

We don't give them...you moan. Any game that has patch notes will receive significant changes, whether or not they are documented is another story - we prefer to let you know what we've changed though.

The arrogance of this company is off the charts. We pay you, we don't get a game that works properly, then we moan! Just because most other companies are using this method of putting out broken games and not supporting them doesn't mean Codemasters should follow the same business model. How about just sucking it up there CM and take your medicine and fix the product we paid for and keep us informed on what is going in.

You do this and maybe we will continue to buy your products in the future.

This is coming from a 48 yr. old who runs his own company, successfully. Gaming companies today are just not getting it right? Naughty Dog is about the only one.

I could not agree more! It is getting worse all the time. Releasing titles with so many bugs is becoming the norm with Game Devs. The only way to stop this nonsense is simply stop buying unfinished, games that are border line criminal to release!  This is starting to be a normal trend. Codies, I love your games, but IMO, each title released is filled with more bugs and glitches than the ones before. This behavior is simply gross negligence, and getting worse all the time.

It's not too late to redeem yourselves, just do it right the first time. I don't expect a perfect game, and don't mind a patch for a few bugs, but it seems to me you are putting out games that are just beyond belief, with the amount of bugs and glitches.  I don't remember tons of bugs in the older titles like Dirt 2,etc. What happened? It's actually quite sad.

I and several of my friends, have finally decided, enough already, we are not going to keep handing out hard earned cash until Codies and other game devs have respect and appreciation for their loyal customers. Lately it almost just feels like a war as in Customer vs. Game Devs. Where is the respect for the customer?

I urge you to take a strong look at what is going on, and turn it around. I don't like making posts like this, and I am sure it does not feel good for Codies to read this post. Please take this to heart and get back on track, because this way is just wrong IMO.

To me the unconscionable part of this is there is no way that they could not have known prior to release that this issue with game saves corrupting existed.  I will not believe given how quickly this issue was reported by the community after release that codies was not already aware of it and still they released knowing full well that this, "The apology for Grid 2" was going to do the same thing as was an issue in the turd which was Grid 2.  Truth is I think this was all motivated by their timed dlc which was already scheduled.  I guess I will just wait for Bungie to release Destiny.  I played both the Alpha and Beta alongside what I would assume were thousands and over the course of nearly a week or thereabouts between both pre-builds never once saw a glitch, but then that is the difference between bungie and codemasters I guess and that was on the PS4 not a console that they had already been producing games for, for 7 years??

I also don't like bugs, but can imagine that no testing could simulate how the game would work when thousands of players get their hands on it. Every game has childhood issues. 

I played the Destiny beta and alpha, both of which I assume were played by thousands more than this and I played it for several days both times.  Never found a single glitch in the game.  Just saying.

Guess you were playing a different version to everyone else.

http://www.bungie.net/en/Forum/Topics/0/Default/None/%23glitch

I can only speak for myself and as I stated earlier I FOUND NO GLLITCHES...........Me, not them and at the end of the day if I had and it wasnt a corrupt game save I probably wouldnt have given two cents since it was an alpha and then later a beta and neither of them cost me 83 f'n dollars and both of them were tests to find glitches they were not supposed finished product.

Sit back relax and smoke a bowl. Its all better then . 

It is what it is.

You see why I just started over. I mean I'm at lvl 75 online and just finished open wheel offline now starting touring. By the time patch comes I'll be right back where I was . 

I've just read the massive post by Loore detailing the patch. 

I've got to say that's an awful lot of fixes for a finished game. 

I would like to know exactly what issues were fixed by quality control testing?  

There needs to dramatic improvement in the way you are testing your software. 

And you havent even seen a Blizzard game's patch notes. Here are an examples.

Diablo 3 Patch 2.0.1: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/12671560/patch-201-now-live-2-25-2014

So Blizzard also does not care about QC? All because its so lengthy with a lot of fixes and rebalancing as that patch note (just one of them, mind you) is by far longer than all the Codemaster's game add together.

As long as there are fixes and new additions with the game getting better, I am happy. Bugs will slipped during QC and they need to be fixed post release which is by far better than leaving it there unfixed.

@Loore, please dont take that ridiculous opinion to the heart. Personally, I like to see patch nodes as I know what has changed or added. It is a good way to communicate with the fans who cared about it.

Sorry cheesenium... but to say the opinion is ridiculous, is ridiculous in itself.  RTA is not complaining about the fact Loore has posted patch notes (I think we're all grateful for the info).  The issue is about why there are so many problems in the first place.  IMO people have an absolute right to be annoyed about all the technical issues and to question the CM processes that have led to such a bug filled game being released.  I think the majority of us can live with some of the lesser issues but the corrupt game save is a game breaker.

Most of us are being very patient in waiting for the fix but there will be a point when that patience runs out.

Operator1 sums it all up nicely in his post on page 1

RTA was talking about the amount of fixes in the game, that covers from AI, career to multiplayer. He was complaining about too many fixes in the game. So if bugs are reported, are you expecting Codemaster to sit on their hands and ignore the bug?

Maybe you are playing a different game from me. Since Day 1, I never really have any severe issues other than occasional bugs with some car models if not the AI. There will always be bugs to be fixed in the game and evidently, they are fixing it which is better than not doing anything at all. I dont know what are you doing with the game until there are so many bugs coming out of the wood work. I know I have friends who played multiplayer and so on, I dont see them complaining about the bugs.

When I complained about the lack of polish with the liveries for DLC cars, people will say its unimportant. Maybe thats unimportant for you but that is unfinished content that I got after paying with real money for while I did not go on a rampage demanding codemaster to fix this problem. The constant rant against Codemaster is getting incredibly annoying.

@Cheesenium... the name of the thread is Quality Control.  

RTA says "I've got to say that's an awful lot of fixes for a finished game. I would like to know exactly what issues were fixed by quality control testing?  There needs to dramatic improvement in the way you are testing your software."

He is questioning why the game was released as a finished product when it has so many bugs which is a fair enough question to be asking given games are meant to be tested before release.

I'm pleased you've had no severe issues... many of us are unable to progress with the game due to the corrupt game save issue.  Furthermore we've been waiting patiently for a fix for 6 weeks so tbh atm the lack of polish around the liveries is unimportant to alot of ppl when they are trying to deal with a game breaking issue.  To give you some idea of the extent of the problem, I googled "Grid Autosport Corrupt Game Save" yesterday and got 36,900 returns.

If CM hadn't of released the game with so many problems (esp. the corrupt save issue) ppl would have no reason to "rant".  

@Cheesenium... the name of the thread is Quality Control.  

RTA says "I've got to say that's an awful lot of fixes for a finished game. I would like to know exactly what issues were fixed by quality control testing?  There needs to dramatic improvement in the way you are testing your software."

He is questioning why the game was released as a finished product when it has so many bugs which is a fair enough question to be asking given games are meant to be tested before release.

I'm pleased you've had no severe issues... many of us are unable to progress with the game due to the corrupt game save issue.  Furthermore we've been waiting patiently for a fix for 6 weeks so tbh atm the lack of polish around the liveries is unimportant to alot of ppl when they are trying to deal with a game breaking issue.  To give you some idea of the extent of the problem, I googled "Grid Autosport Corrupt Game Save" yesterday and got 36,900 returns.

If CM hadn't of released the game with so many problems (esp. the corrupt save issue) ppl would have no reason to "rant".  

There are sufficient quality control as the game didnt crash every 5 minutes for majority of the buyers or set your PC on fire. Autosport is no where close to a buggy mess like Sword of the Stars 2 or Rome 2.  The game is released as a finished product without a long list of game breaking issues as most of the fixes in the patch notes are for the minor bugs.

It just one major bug that had been a persistent issue in previous Codemaster games with Ego slipped and its back again. Does that mean that you people need to rant about it all the time while being rude and offensive towards Codemaster? I had save file corruption in Grid 1 and Dirt 3 so it is not like i never experience it before. I understand it isnt something that is easy to be fixed so be patient than being rude and stop acting like Codemaster has to refund you for that major bug because they could not fix it in 6 weeks. I hate the save file bug which fortunately I havent got it here but I like that issue to be solved, without being unpleasant to Loore and his team or constantly worrying that it will happen to mine..

On the other hand, I am getting damn sick of seeing the whole forum is filled with people ranting on the save file issue. If save file corruption is so annoying, then, play Custom Cup while waiting for the issue to be solved then.

And you havent even seen a Blizzard game's patch notes. Here are an examples.

Diablo 3 Patch 2.0.1: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/12671560/patch-201-now-live-2-25-2014

So Blizzard also does not care about QC? All because its so lengthy with a lot of fixes and rebalancing as that patch note (just one of them, mind you) is by far longer than all the Codemaster's game add together.

As long as there are fixes and new additions with the game getting better, I am happy. Bugs will slipped during QC and they need to be fixed post release which is by far better than leaving it there unfixed.

@Loore, please dont take that ridiculous opinion to the heart. Personally, I like to see patch nodes as I know what has changed or added. It is a good way to communicate with the fans who cared about it.

Who cares about Diablo 3???????????????????????????????????????   Maybe some people on the diablo 3 forum.   But here we care about Codemasters games.  

I dont care how big the list is.  

THE POINT WHICH SEEMS TO HAVE ESCAPED YOU IS :      IT SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN RELEASED IN THIS STATE. 

Patch notes are welcome,  I was just surprised by the size of it.   Because for 1 thing........I paid full price,   I didnt get a half price version, that said it may have issues.   I bought a NEW game.   New generally means working. 

How many times have you bought a new TV with no screen,  OR a new car with no fuel tank.   QC baby!!!!!!!! 

It's the same people complaining  on a very regular basis. If you aren't happy with the game then don't play it until your problems are solved and stop whining. No matter what codemasters do you will all still whine. Same with issues on other games by other developers. I for one can pick out a whole list of good points...

• The racing is close and competitive
  • The graphics are brilliant
  • The kick voting system is good
  • The amount of content is good
  • The fact that codemasters listened to us for the creation of the game
  • A huge variety of cars
  • Disciplines again
That list could go on and on.... There are a couple of issues which need to be fixed but it will come in time.  The matter of the fact is, some people cannot be pleased no matter what you do.  Just lighten up and take it as it comes. I'm not having a dig here. Just stating a fact. 

RTA was talking about the amount of fixes in the game, that covers from AI, career to multiplayer. He was complaining about too many fixes in the game. So if bugs are reported, are you expecting Codemaster to sit on their hands and ignore the bug?

Maybe you are playing a different game from me. Since Day 1, I never really have any severe issues other than occasional bugs with some car models if not the AI. There will always be bugs to be fixed in the game and evidently, they are fixing it which is better than not doing anything at all. I dont know what are you doing with the game until there are so many bugs coming out of the wood work. I know I have friends who played multiplayer and so on, I dont see them complaining about the bugs.

When I complained about the lack of polish with the liveries for DLC cars, people will say its unimportant. Maybe thats unimportant for you but that is unfinished content that I got after paying with real money for while I did not go on a rampage demanding codemaster to fix this problem. The constant rant against Codemaster is getting incredibly annoying.

RTA was talking about the large number of fixes in the patch.    Yes, and also dont care about this.  

RTA was getting at :   If there is such a long list of fixes,.............................What was fixed in the Quality assurance/Quality Control phase?  Before release? 

Anything????   Im guessing the answer is no,  and im guessing the real answer is,    What is QC or What is QA?  

Thats what im talking about,     

No one cares about your polished liveres.   Maybe these liveries are MATT, and not supposed to be shiny.    Some people cannot play without starting from scratch, and your going on about Polish liveries????????? 

No one wants bugs to be ignored, and I dont believe you can quote anyone who does.  

I think most people want to ignore you and your stupid liveries.   Go make a shiny paint job.  

I hope your savegame corrupts on you.  Then we will see how much polish you want on your paint.   LMFAO 

The game save corruption is a deal breaker and should have been rush patched on consoles like it was on PC. But other than that the patch list is no better or worse than that for any other game I've played. And the forums for those games are just the same: claiming it's the worst most broken terrible game in the world. They can't all be.

@jerryhat, I agree and feel the same way. If it wasn't for the save corruption bug going on the game would be no different than any other release with a few annoying bugs here and there. I've definitely seen worse game releases that this, but this one bug is a total killer. Not sure why this one fix hasn't been rushed through. I don't care about mirrors or other crap right now, just want the game to save my progress. It should have been dealt with separately from the other issues and in a timely manner. Guess I'll be patiently waiting until next weeks announcement on a possible patch release date.

It's pretty simple. Some bonehead didn't think to let the community test online before it was released. Would have been "problem solved" at least problem identified and maybe delaying release. Just look at the patch list. About 80% of it relates to online. There is a lesson in this, and I suspect unless CM wants Slightly Mad (who does test with the public in all modes, e.g. pCARS) or some other studio to take their F1 license, they should be very worried about getting the problem nailed down.

That said, even with the bug, there are tricks to level up and buy fast. Even if you just want to play successive IDs after corruption hits. Not ideal, and you will probably never get that IndyCar until the patch arrives, but a creative way to "reward" the stilted gamer is to give everyone double cash immediately and combine all of the cash he has collected into one I.D. Don't know if that's possible, but I'm sure something similar could be thought of. A company on its toes would have announced this by now. (hint). So, @Loore if you are not already working on this, I'd get cracking.

In the meantime, I'll throw my hat in with the "please stop whining about the corruption issue, expensive cars, or any other bug, since there is nothing we can do at this point and (at least from my view) the game is still very much playable. Those purporting to give legal advice across state lines or national lines...well, that's a crime where I come from. Those posts shoudl be immediately deleted. Just let them try and fix this and leave poor Loore alone. He knows guy. Sheesh. 

The reason people are complaing well at least me, is because the corrupt save file has affected the previous games. Surely if a company has to fix a certain problem over a few things, they'd start testing for that to make sure its ok. Not only that, the issue seems to get worse with each new game

@OctoberDusk06  "Those purporting to give legal advice across state lines or national lines...well, that's a crime where I come from."
Really?